Presentation on theme: "How to Say Thank You Roy Hoffman, US writer"— Presentation transcript:
1How to Say Thank You Roy Hoffman, US writer Roy Hoffman is the author of Almost Family, winner of the Lillian Smith Award for fiction, and Back Home: Journeys Through Mobile. A native of Mobile, Alabama, he worked in New York City for twenty years as a journalist, speechwriter, editor, and teacher, before returning South as writer-in-residence at the Mobile Register, where he is now on staff. His essays and reviews have appeared in The New York Times, Esquire, Oxford American and other publications.创思英语：http://www.tronest.cnRoy Hoffman, US writer
2OUTLINE How to Say Thank You Text Type Main Ideas Text Pattern Language Points讲课提纲 Andy原创！创思英语
31. How to Say Thank You How many ways are mentioned? A thank-you note A thank-you phoneA thank-you card/postcardA thank-you giftA verbal “thank you”A thank-you mealA thank-you visit表达谢意的方式方法 感谢信 贺卡 电话 邮件 宴请 信笺创思英语Any other ways?A mail, a hand, …
42. Text Type Narration Description Exposition Argumentation 记叙文 a movie描述文 a picture说明文 a lecture议论文 a debateFunctions: To inform, explain, clarify, define or instruct.Classifications: What-, how-, why-Organizations: General-specific, problem-solution, cause-effect, etc创思英语What are the functions, kinds and usual organizations of expository writing?
53. Main IdeasSummarize each paragraph or look for the topic sentence or key words.When …, many of us fall mute.Sometimes the spoken word is not enough.A thank-you note as a way of gratitudeTips for writing a thank-you noteBe careful in choosing a thank-you card.概括段落大意 找出主题句关键词
63. Main IdeasSummarize each paragraph or look for the topic sentence or key words.A thank-you gift is best with a signature.Thank-you gifts should never be too lavish.Send a thank-you gift to your employerSay thank you to your employeesIt’s an act we need more of.概括段落大意 找出主题句关键词
74. Text Pattern Sequence / time 顺序、时间 Space/spatial 空间 Compare-contrastAdvantage-dis.Cause-effectProblem-solutionTopical （G-S）顺序、时间空间比较-对比利弊因果问题-解决话题（总分）文章结构模式 组织结构
84. Text Pattern Intro-situation mute How to Say Thank You times intro notenotetipsbodycardcardsignGeneral gifts文章结构思路图示pricegiftbossBusiness giftsstaffCoda: appealneed
95. Language Points Words and expressions Fall mute, amnesia, receipt, prickle, cram into, a touch of gratitude, sentiment, terse, prompt, resign myself to, adorn them with, gourmet, …SentencesCuriously, though, when … many of us fall mute.…they adorn them with baskets of flowers …It is an act we need more of --- one that help …单词语法 短语句型 语言点no resign oneself to being defeated 不甘心于失败He is more of a fool than I thought. (他比我想像的更笨) All I need is a little more of you. The amount of false information on the Internet becomes more of a problem everyday.Maybe We Should Make It More of a Game.Your questions?