Presentation on theme: "Brain mobility: an added value in your career planning Peter Marynen, Vice-president for Research 27 March 2013."— Presentation transcript:
Brain mobility: an added value in your career planning Peter Marynen, Vice-president for Research 27 March 2013
Brain Mobility 1. KU Leuven international 2. Young researchers at KU Leuven 3. Brain mobility & ‘competence profile’ 4. YouReCa
1. KU Leuven: diverse & international TotalNon-Belgian diploma Students (2012-2013) 41.2556.724 (16%) … from France (2012-2013) 105 PhD students (2011-2012) 4.5921.812 (39%) PhD diploma’s (2011-2012) 626232 (37%) Postdocs (2011-2012) 1.067390 (37%)
1. KU Leuven publications: European ranking Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
1. KU Leuven in FP7 Number of contracts in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Leadership & change management International Focus Intellectual skills Interdisciplinary thinking/ broadmindedness Academic and technical skills Methodological skills Language skills Relational skills Diplomatic skills Networking Self management skills Autonomy Planning, organising and prioritising 3. Brain mobility & competence profile
4. YouReCa YouReCa (“Young Researchers’ Careers”) aims at improving and widening the career perspectives of KU Leuven’s young researchers. To this end, YouReCa will organize a broad range of activities for PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and assistant professors that are related to: Career development and the improvement of career prospects Strengthening the international orientation of researchers’ careers Training and education
4. YouReCa – Career development YouReCa will establish a Career Centre for young researchers a Junior Researchers Mobility Programma ‘JUMO’ As more than 90% of PhD graduates will pursue a career outside of academia, focus will be on the transition to the non-academic job market. Youreca will provide general and personalized career guidance.
… the university Fresh blood Fresh insights in sciences Complementary expertises International network … the researcher Independence Exploring new research domains, technologies and cultures Enlarging your network 4. YouReCa – International mobility
4. YouReCa - JuMo JuMo (Junior Researcher Mobility programme) A financing programme intended to stimulate the international or intersectorial mobility of young KU Leuven researchers. Financial support for research stays (6 to 12 months) outside Belgium in a high-quality environment. o A monthly mobility allowance on top of the researcher’s own scholarship or salary. o Reimbursement of travel expenses Next deadline: 22 August 2013
Thank you ! Our coordinates (for your postcards or further information): Reserach Coordination Office Schapenstraat 34, 3000 Leuven, Tel: 016/32.40.44 www.kuleuven.be/research
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.