Presentation on theme: "How to create a successful MARKETING Plan for an IVF center The 10 MUSTS to have a chance at success Jonathan Kipp 8 – years ART Marketing Professional."— Presentation transcript:
How to create a successful MARKETING Plan for an IVF center The 10 MUSTS to have a chance at success Jonathan Kipp 8 – years ART Marketing Professional
Value in studying what IS NOT DONE We advertise on radio @ $20,000/mo! But I don’t have a person who has been trained to take calls. We send donuts & coffee to OB/GYN offices! But I don’t keep track of how many patients are sent We do Facebook. We have a social media person! But I don’t have many followers, even less interaction, and don’t know that Facebook is now a pay to play option
The 10 MUSTS 1.Decide to think + act differently about marketing 2.Have all stakeholders commit to a goal 3.Know your audience 4.Have a plan 5.Have a Budget/staff 6.Have discipline 7.Have cohesive integration 8.Have testing/gather data 9.Have a stellar backend/touch points 10.Have fun/AND Celebrate
1. Decide to think + act differently STAKEHOLDERS: Docs + Management + Marketers Demand return (not just throwing your $$ around), Not about cool (winning awards) Revenue growth, profit and valuation of business
2. Get all stakeholders to commit and have a goal 1-year 3-year 5-year 10-year # of patients Revenue Market share Market Position Respect Geography Retirement/new partners Market Potential Seek similar market Size Demographics Analysis User SART Data
3. Know your audience (Humility required) Referring physicians F28-44 F19-29 International patients Chinese French Israeli UAE Singles Same sex couples
4. Have a plan Referring physician Other practitioner referrals Patient referrals Off the street Out of town International Ancillary Services (e.g. Spa) % now % Goal % of Resources Tools Until you have a plan….
5. Have a Budget/staff + REALITY % of sales with annual increase Set amount with annual increase Other Front office $ Marketing Coodinator $$ Marketing Manager $$$ Marketing Director $$$$ Outsource all $$$$$
6. Have discipline #1 problem: Lack of the BIG D Well that didn’t work Let’s do this. Let’s do that! Radio doesn’t work! Print doesn’t work! Social media is too hard. I don’t advertise. Hanging fliers at college campuses is enough. Well, nobody has signed up!
7. Have cohesive integration w/ 100% Call to Action!!
8. Do testing/gather data MONTHLY SEMINARS # of seminar attendees % who sign up within 1 mo? 3 mo? 6 mo? 1 year? # of seminar pre-registrants % who show up $$ spent on radio vs. # of seminar pre-registrants vs. # of new patients next mo. $$ spent on adult contemp/Country/classic rock vs. # of seminar pre-reg Demographics of seminar attendees vs. Demographics of non seminar patients ADJUST: advertising schedule, adjust tools, adjust event/presentation, close, give aways, follow up, scheduling tools, hosts/hostesses, presenters, venues,etc.
9. Have a stellar backend/ quality follow-up touch points File Review What happened? Drop out. Drop out. Drop out. What the heck? $$$ Pilot program 20% returned Instant Revenue!