Choice of Brass or Chrome Fittings Choice of Non DNA (Silver Can) and DNA Trace (Gold Can) Installations
ChAin ReAction DNA Designed to ease the fear associated with doorstep crimes. DNA Trace Technology – unique DNA code for each can. Robust security chain with high decibel alarm. Easy Installation and simple to use. ‘Sold Secure’ Accreditation by The Locksmiths Assoc. Manufactured in association with ERA Security. Benefits
DNA Trace Under UV Light Under Normal Light conditions Under Ultra Violet light
DNA Trace – Useful information No DNA Trace code is the same. There are billions of different codes available for the DNA substance. So many, that for every person in the world there are ten codes available to them. When it’s installed, the unique DNA Trace code is registered to that specific entrance. The DNA substance and UV marker can stay on the person and clothing for up three months. (Dependant and washing and exfoliation) It is totally safe and non-toxic. UV Suites are being installed in more police stations across the UK and police are now being issued with UV torches to use on their beat to detect UV traces. If the device is deployed and the burglar apprehended, this evidence can assist the Police in securing a conviction.
Step 1. Complete a full survey of where you intend to install the unit, both on the door and frame. Make sure that it does not obstruct any hidden levers. The unit needs to installed be between 1100 mm from the bottom of the unit and 1500mm from the top of the unit. Take into consideration the level of the spray exit and height of the main user. Step 2. Measure up and mark up holes on the wall.
6. Before installing the canister, Check that the DNA code sticker in the white cap, on the DNA TRACE canister, is the same as the one on the can. Apply this sticker to the Job sheet at this pint. Remove the white spacer from the canister. 7. Apply the siren to the canister. **Take care not to push it on too hard as this may set off the canister.
8. Install the canister facing the door. Write your fitter I.D. number and date on the anti-tamper label with a permanent marker.
9. Apply the anti-tamper sticker, taking care not to remove the centre part as this will stop the deployment of the alarm, DNA TRACE system. Install the blanking plate on the opposite side of the casing to the opening of the siren.
10. Install the cover carefully. Install the anti-tamper screws at the base of the cover.
11. Install the clasp as shown in line with the base of the main unit, and 10mm from the edge of the door.
12. Apply the 2 stickers. Install one near front door/window and one to affix at rear of the property. Make sure this is visible as a good deterrent.
Fill in the paperwork. This is the single most important part of the installation. The Jobsheet MUST be fully completed with DNA code sticker affixed and CJD completed and signed. The address and DNA code details MUST be rung through to StranDNA at the time of installation completion. We will issue you with a reference number to be written in the top right of the job sheet. This is a registration document and job sheet combined. Once completed correctly, it is a Legal document that removes the need for the you to attend court should you be called as a witness as the installer of the device. The Jobsheet MUST be returned to StranDNA within 48 hours in the envelope provided Finally…the most important part…..