Presentation on theme: "Business Computer Information Systems 1A Microsoft Office XP Word: Lessons 6 – Desktop Publishing, Lesson 7 – Working With Documents, Lesson 8 – Increasing."— Presentation transcript:
Business Computer Information Systems 1A Microsoft Office XP Word: Lessons 6 – Desktop Publishing, Lesson 7 – Working With Documents, Lesson 8 – Increasing Efficiency Test 4 – REVIEW
1. What does “to scale” mean?
It means to change the size of a graphic and maintain the correct proportions.
2. Can you applying 3-D effects to enhance a text paragraph?
NO, you can’t easily apply 3-D to text unless it’s part of a word art box If you could it would be very hard to read. Effects of shadow and outline
3. What is the difference between a manual page break and an automatic break?
Word atomically inserts page breaks at the end of a page. The user inserts a Manual page break by going to Insert, Break, Page break
Automatic Page break Manual Page break
4. How many even or uneven columns can you create/draw in a document?
14 With Word XP
5. How can one access WordArt?
Insert, Picture, WordArt OR through the Drawing tool bar
6. Does Word assume that you want the same header and footer on all pages in a document?
YES, that’s the default! If you don’t want the same header or footer on every page, you can make changes.
7. How do you convert a Word document to a Web page?
By choosing FILE, SAVE AS WEB PAGE
8. Can one join together two or more cells in a table?
Yes: TABLE, MERGE CELLS
9. Is the only way to insert clipart through the Microsoft Clipart Gallery?
NO, you can down load from the internet and upload from disks that have pictures. XP Automatically searched the internet for these palm trees
10. What does WordArt automatically transform text into?
a graphic object
11. How are Hyperlinks displayed on screen?
Usually a straight blue underline. Press CTRL + CLICK to follow link
12. What links one document to another?
Hyperlink. This link will take you to the Hampton Hills document in lesson 6
13. How can you change Table row and column width and height?
1 by dragging the cell borders. Put pointer on border 2 Table, Properties
14. How do you cut, copy, and paste objects?
The same way you do text? Select object and either cut or copy and then paste
15. How Does one select more than one object?
16. What is the intersection of a column and row called?
Cell row column cell
17. What is a pre-set document that contains formatted text that you can customize to make a new document?
Template – on the task pane create a new template
18. What Allows you to view non-printable formatting characters such as paragraph marks, tabs, etc?
19. What is the text which prints at the top of each page?
20-A. What is the text which prints at the bottom of each page?
20-B. What are Graphics that are already drawn and available for use in documents called ?
21. Word saves templates with what extension?
22. How is the Header and Footer command accessed?
VIEW, HEADER AND FOOTER
23-A. Which features has its own toolbar when being used?
The list below shows the features that have their own toolbars and some of the toolbars
23-B.– Does clip art have its own toolbar when being used?
23-C. - Does “Picture” have its own toolbar when being used?
23-D. - Does Headers & Footers have its own toolbar when being used?
23-E. - Does Tables & Borders have its own toolbar when being used?
23-F. - Does Outlines have its own toolbars when being used?
24. How do you create a table?
Table, Insert, Table
24-B How can delete a column or row of a table?.
by selecting it and choosing Table, Delete, then choosing Columns or Rows
24-C How do you moves the insertion point or cursor to the next cell?
By pressing the tab key, arrow key or with a mouse click. Not by pressing the enter key, that moves the cursor to the next line of current cell.
24-D To select an entire row, click to the ___ of the row.
25. What is a predefined set of formatting options that have been named and saved, which you can apply to headings and titles in a report or paper.