Presentation on theme: "8.2 Workbook Answer Key Correct mistakes Jot down any extra tidbits of info."— Presentation transcript:
8.2 Workbook Answer Key Correct mistakes Jot down any extra tidbits of info
1. The wavelength of light determines its color Part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we see is called “visible light” Red, orange, yellow, green blue, violet Plants absorb ____________ & _________ Blue/violetRed
2. Chemicals that absorb light are called pigments.
3. Chlorophyll makes plants look green because it reflects green light
4. Chloroplasts contain an abundance of saclike photosynthetic membranes called thylakoids
5. The stroma is the fluid portion of the chloroplasts located outside the thylakoids
6. The visible light absorbed by chlorophyll raises/increases the energy level of the chlorophyll’s electrons
8.The hot potato represents two high-energy electrons Think of a high-energy electron as being similar to a hot potato straight from the oven Need an oven mitt (special carrier) to transport it Similarly, a high-energy electron needs a special carrier molecule NADPH carries them around cell
9. A laundry basket represents the electron carrier and the laundry the high energy electrons
10. Come from the chlorphyll molecules that have absorbed sunlight
11. Carbon dioxide and water B REACTANTS PRODUCTS
12. Oxygen and ATP (C)
13. Stroma (A)
14. LIGHTLIGHT DEPENDENT INDEPENDENT
15. The chloroplasts work like solar cells. The chlorophyll absorbs the sun’s energy. This raises the energy levels of the electrons that are used for chemical reactions.