Presentation on theme: "Correct mistakes Jot down any extra tidbits of info "— Presentation transcript:
1Correct mistakes Jot down any extra tidbits of info 8.2 Workbook Answer KeyCorrect mistakesJot down any extra tidbits of info
21. The wavelength of light determines its color Part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we see is called “visible light”Red, orange, yellow, green blue, violetPlants absorb ____________ & _________Blue/violetRed
32. Chemicals that absorb light are called pigments.
43. Chlorophyll makes plants look green because it reflects green light
54. Chloroplasts contain an abundance of saclike photosynthetic membranes called thylakoids
65. The stroma is the fluid portion of the chloroplasts located outside the thylakoids
76. The visible light absorbed by chlorophyll raises/increases the energy level of the chlorophyll’s electrons
108.The hot potato represents two high-energy electrons Think of a high-energy electron as being similar to a hot potato straight from the ovenNeed an oven mitt (special carrier) to transport itSimilarly, a high-energy electron needs a special carrier moleculeNADPH carries them around cell
119. A laundry basket represents the electron carrier and the laundry the high energy electrons
1210. Come from the chlorphyll molecules that have absorbed sunlight
1311. Carbon dioxide and water B REACTANTSPRODUCTS
1815. The chloroplasts work like solar cells 15. The chloroplasts work like solar cells. The chlorophyll absorbs the sun’s energy. This raises the energy levels of the electrons that are used for chemical reactions.