1. Auxiliary Boiler Survey a) Verify the correct sequence of the work, boiler construction and fittings layout with C/E before commencing the work. b) Disconnect oil burning equipment and withdraw the burner assembly. c) Remove furnace and/or exhaust space access doors and furnace floor drain plug. d) Wash down exhaust space and furnace e) Allow for staging 6000mm x 3000mm x 20 planks. f) Remove access doors from the water spaces and for water tube boilers. g) Remove the baffle plates from the steam drum. h) Remove all mud-hole doors from headers and wash thoroughly all internal water spaces with fresh water, ensuring this is completely drained.
2. Auxiliary Boiler Mountings Dismantle for overhaul all boiler fittings, including but not limited to: Safety Valves, Main Feed Check Valves, Auxiliary Feed Check Valves, Circulating Valves, Main Steam Valves, Auxiliary Steam Stop Valves, Drain Valves, Vent valves and Sampling Valves Level Gauge Cocks
3. Auxiliary Boiler Safety Valves A. Allow to remove the safety valves ashore to workshop, open up, clean and lap the disc and seat for survey and reassemble thereafter. B. After reassembly the boiler safety valves are to be tested in the workshop and adjusted to lift at 3% above the working pressure, witnessed by the Owner’s Representative and C/E. The requirement:
4. Auxiliary Boiler Refractory Repair Yard is to remove the damaged refractory sufficiently to expose the anchor points. Yard is to renew the damaged areas with plastic refractory. The requirement:
5. Exhaust Gas Economizer a) Damaged sheathing and insulation is to be removed and replaced with new insulation having the same thermal insulation property. b) Quote is to include the removal ashore and disposal of the damaged insulation & sheathing material. c) Insulation is to be 100mm (4") Rockwool and sheathing 0.8mm aluminum. d) Any material alternative to those requested is to be noted and advised at the time of tender. The requirement:
Words & Phrases jointing n. 密封（件） plank n. 护板、支架 header n. 联箱 lap vt. 研磨 skim n. 研磨、光车、修整 refractory n. 耐火材料, 耐火砖 hammer n. 锤子 v. 锤击, 锤打 sheathing n. 炉衣，护套；覆材 rockwool n. 岩棉 Specificallyadv. 特定的, 明确的 Truenessn. 精度 Conformvt. 使一致，符合 rectify vt. 矫正, 调整
Words & Phrases wash down 粉刷、冲洗 lime wash 石灰水 mud-hole 出泥渣孔 atmospheric pressure 大气压 baffle plate 隔板，挡板 the burner assembly 燃烧器总成 anchor point 锚定点，锚固点 adequately hammered into place 夯实 air register 调风门 hanging staging 悬吊式脚手架 corten steel 铬硅锰镍铜合金钢 clock gauge 千分表 dispose of 处理，处置
Assignment 1. Review the text. 2. Do the exercises on Page 265.