Presentation on theme: "Electrostatics practice Quiz. 1. Zoe is investigating the charge on several objects and makes the following observations: C attracts B, D repels C, E."— Presentation transcript:
Electrostatics practice Quiz
1. Zoe is investigating the charge on several objects and makes the following observations: C attracts B, D repels C, E attracts D and repels F, F attracts A; If A is negatively charged and B is neutral, what can Shaily conclude about the charge of C, D, E, and F? F is positive, E is positive, D is negative, and C is negative
2. A metal sphere is electrically neutral. If touched by a positively charged metal rod. As a result, the metal sphere becomes charged positively. Which of the following occur during the process? (multiple answers) a. The metal sphere gains some protons. b. Electrons are transferred from the sphere to the rod. c. The metal sphere loses electrons. d. The overall charge of the system is conserved. e. Protons are transferred from the rod to the sphere.
3. A metal sphere is electrically neutral. A positively charged metal rod is brought very near to it without actually touching it. The metal sphere will now be attracted to the metal rod because.. a.The metal sphere temporarily behaves as if it is negative. b.The metal sphere temporarily behaves as if it is positive. c.The metal sphere has now become permanently charged negative. d.The metal sphere has now become permanently charged positive.
4. Maddie decides to drag her feet across the shaggy carpet in her living room. When she reaches the other side of the room where her little sister Meghan is sitting she touches Meghan on the ear. Maddie hears a satisfying “gizzouch” as Meghan screams out in surprise. This electrostatic shock occurred because of a.Induction caused Meghan to become negatively charged. b.Conduction cause Meghan to become positively charge. c.Grounding caused the negative charges to travel through Meghan’s body.
5. ______is a result of charges being separated, but the overall charge is _____________. 1. Conduction, positive 2. Conduction, negative 3. Conduction, neutral 4. Induction, positive 5. Induction, negative 6. Induction, neutral
6. __________is a result of charges being transferred. A. Conduction B. Induction C. Grounding D. Semi-conduction
7. If you increase the distance between two charged particles, what happens the force of charge 1. No change 2. Increase 3. Decrease
8. If the force of charge is positive, the two particles will ____________. 1. Attract 2. Repel
9. Which of the following would make a poor conductor? A. copper B. you C. wood D. silicon
10. If the force of attraction between 2 objects is 0.16 N, what would the new force become if the charge of both attracting object were tripled? A N B N C N D N
11. The force of repulsion between 2 charges is 0.50N, if one charge is cut in half and the distance between them was doubled, the new force would equal? A N B N C. 2.0 N D. 4.0 N
Extra Help The physics classroom The physics classroom Bill Nye the science guy Bill Nye the science guy