Presentation on theme: "Someone said: (Point to ponder) Why are people so negative and want to fight these days? We should be looking for solutions and ways to help each other."— Presentation transcript:
Someone said: (Point to ponder) Why are people so negative and want to fight these days? We should be looking for solutions and ways to help each other be successful. I'm quiet disappointed in the aqlaq of people (including myself). The good behavior and feeling of community and acceptance is what even further pushed me to accept Islam, but these days it's gone. I'm quiet sadden. Inshallah I pray Allah swt helps to lift our burdens which have caused us duress and help us all become better human beings. — feeling sad
All interchangeable terms(ref: Tafseer Namoona,Tafseer Mozoee’) Immaterial Independent of Body Incorporeal
BODY: Bodily sickness, health/well being SOUL: Evil Habits and Submission to lusts, Moral and Ethical virtues
Moral virtues in man gain him eternal happiness Moral corruption leads him to everlasting wretchedness. It is therefore necessary for man to purge and purify himself of all evil traits of character adorn his soul with all forms of ethical and moral virtues Without having cleansed oneself of all evil habits, it would be impossible to nourish and develop moral virtues in oneself.
At the time of its creation, the soul of man is like a clean tablet. As one progresses through life, he develops faculties which are directly related to the way he lives, thinks, and acts. The speech, thoughts and deeds of man, when repeated over a long period of time, produce a lasting effect in the soul which is known as a "faculty"
This faculty penetrates the soul and becomes the origin and cause of man's actions. In other words, the human soul becomes used to these faculties, establishes a union with it, and determines the human being's direction in accordance with their dictates. If these faculties ( malakat ) are noble, they manifest themselves as moral and wise speech and behaviour in man. If, on the contrary, they are evil and ignoble, they are manifested through immoral and perverse behaviour
These very faculties play the decisive role in determining the fate of the individual in the eternal world of the Hereafter. The soul shall be accompanied there by the same faculties that it was associated and united with in this world. If these faculties are virtuous, the soul shall have eternal bliss, If they were wicked ones, it shall face eternal damnation
The most important faculties of the soul are: 1. The power of intelligence (al-quwwah al- aqliyyah) -angelic. 2. The power of anger (al-quwwah al-ghadabiyyah) - ferocious. 3. The power of desire (al-quwwah al-shahwiyyah) - animalistic. 4. The power of imagination (al-quwwah al- wahmiyyah )-demoniac
In a hadith from Imam Ali (A), he is related as saying: )) ان الله خص الملك بالعقل دون الشهوة والغضب, وخص الحيوانات بهما دونه وشرّف الانسان باعطاء الجميع ، فان انقادت شهوته وغضبه لعقله صار افضل من الملائكة لوصوله الى هذه المرتبة مع وجود المنازع والملائكة ليس لهم مزاحم )) Surely God has characterized the angels by intellect without desire and anger, and the animals with anger and desire without reason. He exalted man by bestowing upon him all of these qualities. Accordingly, if man's reason dominates his desire and ferocity, he rises to a station above that of the angels; because this station is attained by man in spite of the existence of hurdles which do not vex the angels
The Diseases of the Soul can be of following categories: 1. Diseases of the Power of Intellect and their treatment. 2. Diseases of the Power of Anger and their treatment. 3. Diseases of the Power of Passion and their treatment. 4. Diseases relating to combinations of any two of these powers, or all three. Before we begin our discussion of the diseases in these four categories, it must be stated that every one of these powers can exist in either of the three different states of moderation, deficiency, or excess.
1. Diagnosis: Finding our exactly what you are Suffering from 2. Acceptance 3. Treatment
1. Happy/no worry If we see Allah is being disobeyed 2. No regular Khums,haven’t computed total of life 3. In case of a fight,donot intefere,think why bother 4. More religious in public 5. Want people to know I am becoming more religious 6. Don’t like to talk about death/Akhira 7. Hesitant greeting younger people/poorer people 8. Rarely attend jamaat,if yes try to leave mosque asap 9. Not always but only sometime listen to music 10. Waiting for Ramazan month to end soon 11. Not attending Ethic class more than twice yearly 12. Know that tableegh is responsibility but still never thought about it 13. See sins but don’t do Bil Maroof or Nahi munkir mostly 14. Enjoy doing/listening to backbiting 15. Annoyed when someone highlight our mistake 16. Bad feelings/hatred towards relatives 17. Didn’t take any steps for religious education of our family 18. 1 or 2 lies everyday 19. 2-3 backbiting,making fun everyday 20. Use other peoples’ things without permission 21. Seldom read religious books specially relevant to ethics 22. Not helping Mo’min inspite of capability 23. Stop talking to Mo.min on some worldly affair 24. Inquisitive about others’ affairs 25. Call people by offensive names and enjoy 26. If we hurt someone, we don’t care/ think about it 27. Donot cooperate with organizations doing Tableegh 28. If someone hurts us, we donot forgive easily 29. Tell secrets of Mo’min to others..we do make sure that they will not tell 30. Fight with relatives and friends on trivial things 31. Swear frequently and falsely
32. Enjoy going to mall without reason 33. Enjoy Thinking about sins 34. Sin thinking that Allah is Forgiving 35. Complain to Allah if dua is not accepted or some trouble comes up 36. Meet rich people with hospitality and warmth but poor or normal people with sternness or regularly 37. Expect comparative better attitude towards self of others 38. Find ways to be famous 39. Lazy about Wajibs but enthusiastic about Mustahibs 40. Donot pay attention if someone tries to guide us, teach us 41. Donot meet with people of lower social/economic status than us 42. Feel overburdened and stressed about following wajibs and haram 43. More courteous behavior to outsiders then people of household 44. If someone doesn’t give us due respect then we become upset 45. Contented about lack of knowledge regarding wajibaat and donot try to increase knowledge 46. Pessimistic thoughts about Scholars 47. Enjoy company of world loving,sinning friends 48. Avoid saying sorry despite being responsible for mishap/loss 49. If someone surpasses our rights or misbehaves,argue, eager to take revenge 50. Spend free time in wasteful activities 51. Consider ourself free of Azaab depending on promise of Shifaa’t by Imams 52. Striving for better and better worldly position/status 53. Happy seeing our enemy in trouble 54. Not Use our blessings and talents in the way of Allah swt instead sometimes use them for Gunaah 55. Stop others from certain sisn…but Do yourself 56. Meet Na Mahrams frequently, freely 57. Donot do Taqleed, even if do taqleed, donot take pains to find ahkaam 58. Feel proud of our beauty, education,status, family,riches, children etc 59. Trying to show our worship and prayers/talk abou them with others 60. Break relations with some relatives completely
61. Feel jealous looking at other people’s status 62. Feel others’ sins are Cancer and our own only flu 63. Donot help poor relatives 64. Watch dramas /movies sometime 65. Get sarcastic with mo’mina 66. Never use mind,talent,money for tableegh work 67. Read morally inappropriate material/novels/books/magazines 68. Take care of worldly affairs right then but leave things f Akhira for later 69. Not made any program for repentance of sins 70. Donot bother about halal/haram earnings 71. Donot enjoy /feel like doing Quran recitation 72. Fajar Qaza usually 73. Postponing Hajj even though waajib 74. If we don’t like something, misbehave even with parents 75. Shave Beard(Men) 76. If donot keep promise, no bad feeling/not feeling guilt 77. Didn’t take time out to cure disease of soul 78. Always looking for worldly luxuries 79. Difficult to control tongue when angry 80. Like to go out without hijab and with Zeenat 81. Always looking for personal benefit even if other is harmed 82. Praying ill for Momin if they wrong us 83. If very angry even use abusive language 84. Not being careful about making our prayers/worship perfect acc to Shariah 85. Not keen to learn about death,barzakh,meezaan,siraat,jaanat,jahannum 86. Donot value others opinions/knowledge against our own and keep complaining about their lack of knowledge 87. Forget about loan(things or money) or are careless about it 88. Rely on the word of mouth regarding everyday Masa’il rather then finding out Fatwa of Marjaa’
89. Did not take any action to protect yourself/family from cable,dishnetwork etc 90. If someone keeps things with us, we are not careful about using or not using 91. More concerned about people’s anger than Allah’s anger 92. Donot worry about spiritual illness as compared to bodily illness…not even a percent! 93. Just talking about coming of Imam and being in his army but not doing anything 94. Not hopeful because of too much negligence in the past 95. While doing worldly or religious thing, always thinking what people will say/think about it 96. Point at the mistake/condemn/despise Mo’min/Mo’mina in public for hi/her mistake 97. Mostly pessimistic about Mo’min and mO’mina 98. More concerned about bringing change in others than our own self 99. Attend parties where Islamic values are not taken care of…even though it happens only sometimes
1-24 :Easy to control, Get on it before its too late! 25-50 : Diseases are penetrating yourself,Immediate action needed 51-75: Danger Zone.Immediate Action. 75 and above: Seiously grave situation,make immediate plans, otherwise doomed to disaster.
Hasad or malicious envy is a psychological state in which a person wishes for the deprivation of a blessing, talent, or merit possessed by another person (the mahsud ).
The scholar al ‑ `Allamah al ‑ Majlisi has mentioned some causes and motives of hasad: : Enmity : Hasad can be the result of enmity. For example, enmity against another family, tribe or group can cause one to envy successes they achieve. The sense of one's supremacy : The hasid (one who envies) anticipates the pride of the mahsud on account of a merit mahsud enjoys. Not having the patience to put up with this pride, the hasid feels a sense of superiority and earnestly desires the loss of this merit. Kibr (pride) and Wonder : The hasid high ‑ handedly treats the person who is conferred some merit, favour, or talent, and may wonder to see a great blessing enjoyed by the object of his envy. For example, a wealthy individual outwardly looks with disdain upon the respect enjoyed by apoor person believing that he deserves to be the recipient of such admiration.
Fear and Love of authority : Also, the envious man is fearful of some hindrance on the part of the person enjoying an advantage or talent or merit that may frustrate his cherished objectives. Such fear manifests itself when one's acquiring or preserving authority over others requires that nobody should share his advantages or merits. For example, one who wishes to be re-elected as the leader of an organization may desire that no other member step forward and exhibit leadership skills such as eloquence of speech and efficiency of organization and mobilization. Viciousness of nature : A human being of vicious nature does not like to see others enjoying any kind of good whatsoever. Such a person always greets news of another.s good fortune for example, in education or business, with sarcasm, pessimism, and ridicule or with other unethical tactics or conduct.
Some Other Causes: Professional Jealousy: Two persons of same profession.e.g two same buisnesses in same area, two scholars Sharing Love: two wives, mother in law and daughter in law Two persons sharing many things but one achieves more in life.e.g siblings,Habeel/Qabeel
Or do they envy people for what Allah has given them of His bounty?
The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: Beware! Do not bear enmity with the blessings of Allah. When asked about the people who bear enmity with the blessings of Allah, he (s) replied: Those who are envious. (Al-Mu`tazali, Sharh Nahj al-Balagha, vol.1, p. 3 Imam Ali (a) said: Envy is a great trap of Satan. (Al- Amadi, Gharar al-Hakam wa darar al-Kalam, hadith no. 1133 Imam Ali (a) said: A hasid is a sick person though he (may) physically appear to be healthy. ( Gharar, hadith no. 1963) Muhammad ibn Muslim reports that al-Imam al ‑ Baqir (a) said: A man may be forgiven for something done in a fit of anger, but hasad devours faith as fire consumes wood. (Al- Kulayni, Usul al ‑ Kafi, vol. 2, p. 306, Bab al-Hasad, hadith no. 1) Imam Ja`far al-Sadiq (a) is reported to have said: Satan says to his soldiers: Instil hasad and disobedience of Allah among them (bani Adam) as these are equal to shirk (polytheism) in the eyes of Allah. (Al-Kulayni, Usul al-Kafi, vol. 2, p. 327, Bab al-Baghy, hadith no. 2)
HASAD: After seeing blessings upon a person,having desire for these blessings to be taken away RASHK/GHIBTA: Ater seeing blessings upon a person, having desire of same blessings with no negative thoughts
Imam Ali as said” The worst punishment of a Haasid person is that he remains gloomy while his Mehsood enjoys blessings”!! Always a loser: Just his wishing that other person be deprived doesn’t work!! Health problems: Indigestion, depression, increased infections, other health issues, Stress Decreased Life Span Always alone: Doesn't become friends with people as he doesn't appreciate things about anyone. Even family desert such a person Lack of Eemaan: As he is not happy with Allah’s decree Deprived of good deeds Deprived of sincere and mindful worship of Allah swt Other vices: Gheebat, Tohmat (slander),abuse, anger,opression, breaking ties with family, many other
It’s a greater sin to keep it in the heart Its worse when it manifests in actions If thought of jealousy comes and we ignore it and donot give it place in our hearts then it is forgiven Except Prophets no one is saved for Hasad!,The prophet.
Feeling sad when someone gets a favor/blessing Doing backbiting, slandering Ill treating someone, unjust attitude Flattering someone on the face which you don’t really mean Praying/feeling that someone gets deprived of blessings Feeling happy when someone is in trouble Constantly staying grieve struck by someone's thoughts Keeping the above thoughts in your mind always Being curious about happenings in someone’s life
If you feel/someone tells you the aforementioned signs and symptoms, Pay attention to it ITS SERIOUS Self admiration may stop you from accepting that you have it, BE CAUTIONED Use your faculty of reasoning to analyze whats wrong Might take advice from a trustworthy/pious person who you are sure will not judge you
Belief in Tawheed specially in this case Tawheed e Fai’lee. Belief that whatever it is, it is from Allah swt. At this point too Shaitan will whisper…why Allah gave so & so. It is Hikmat and Maslihat of Allah swt (wisdom prudence, foresight) Telling yourself: Is it worth it to go through so much pain for someone? Be optimistic about people, especially that with whom you are jealous
Jealousy is CONTAGIOUS.Avoid company of jealous people! Remember Day Of Judgement.Remember how Jealousy will disfigure your soul. Remember how jealousy will let Power of Anger and Power of Passion and Power of Imagination take over your power of reason. Remember to use your power of Reason.Keep this power the incharge of your being It is difficult to control power of Anger and passion and imagination. But only this is how you will achieve eternal peace Prevention better than cure: If someone hurts you, forgive and forget. Otherwise this will harbor as jealousy in you!
Jealous person exhibits pride, does not greet,misbehaves to the Mehsood. Do the opposite! Be the first to greet, be down to earth, show respect, show appreciation Jealous person is happy when Mehsood is in trouble.This is Shamatat: another greater sin! Do the opposite. Go to him/her and show your support in their times of trouble A wise person must establish friendship keeping in mind that he/she cannot survive alone. None can catre for all their needs themselves.WE NEED OTHER PEOPLE. Pray and expect and anticipate blessing upon fellow people A jealous person conceals good things about a person and reveals his or her discrepancies.Do the opposite! Talk nice about that person, avoid criticising
Though your behavior will be unnatural in the beginning, since your aim is self ‑ rectification, it will gradually become less artificial. InshaAllah, day by day this will become a reality and your heart will follow your tongue to appreciate his virtues and good qualities.
At any stage during your treatment, don't think that this moral vice is not curable; this erroneous notion is inspired by Satan and the lower self,who want to frustrate your efforts of curing yourself. Have hope in God Almighty!
Without the science of ethics and spiritual purification, mastery over any other science is not only devoid of any value, but it would in fact lead to the obstruction of insight and ultimate destruction of those who pursue it. That is why it has been said that which means, `knowledge is the thickest of veils', which prevents man from seeing the real nature of things.