52. Direct Drive systemLG recently adopt new advanced technology so called “Direct drive” system to its new washerand wash & dry combo unit . Without belt and belt pulley, motor itself is connected tothe drum tub. It results a great improvement in reducing noise and improving energy efficiency.
62. Brushless Motor system Not like conventional washer that using brush DC motor, LG washer use Brushless DC motorin it so that the durability, quietness and efficiency is greatly improved.BrushRotor(Magnetized bycurrent)Stator(Magnetized by current)Brush delivers electric signals to rotate the coiled rotor.● Brush makes frictional sound.● Coiled rotor needs electricity.● Brush abrades and needs replacement.Rotor is a permanent magnet. Multi-coiled stator isbig and powerful enough to replace the pulley.★ Powerful & Reliable control★ Minimum vibration & noise★ Optimum energy consumption(brushless)(with brush)CoilConventional Motor (Universal motor)LG’s New Motor (Direct Drive)(permanent-magnet)Rotating Shaft
7Low noises by removing brush and belt, 2. Quiet WashingLow noises by removing brush and belt,Low vibration by more stable balancing systemUnique no brush and no beltDirect Drive Front LoaderLowest Noise & Vibration LevelConventionalDirect DriveWashing : 53dB , Spinning : 67 dB(*Sound Power Pressure)Low NoisesQuiet and durable motorby removing Brush thatmakes unpleasantnoisesLow andNo Friction NoiseStable Balancing SystemColumbus DD systemConventional system7518%Low VibrationMore stable Balancingsystem by moving Motorto the center of system
82. Optimum Senseclean™ washing To get the best washing performance, optimal time is determined by the water temperature,the selected washing temperature, and the size of the load.
92. Control Process : Mechanical vs. Fuzzy Logic Mechanically controlled washersrpmNot enough High Spin TimemaxNot reached Max Spin rpm.Too much VibrationSpin at 70dB(normally)100Low Spin PerformanceFixed Spin TimeGap of actual Performance of SpinLG Fuzzy Logic controlrpmHigh SpinLoaddetectionBalanceCheckBalanceCheckmaxBalancingBalancingSpin at 60dB100Feed-Back SystemAutomatic control of the Spin Time8/28
102. Auto-Balancing Feed Back System Sensor detects and makes clothes balanced so as to achieve lower noise level.High SpinrpmUnbalancedetectionBalancingLoaddetectionFeed-Back SystemSmall loadLarge loadrpmrefTime
112. Unbalance Sensing theory * During spin cycle, if total amount of rpm changing (speed changing) is over the allowed levelwhich is set in the Micom, the washing machine starts an untangling cycle. ( i.e, if the Micomdecides that the load is out of balanced, the washing machine starts the untangling course.)* If the total amount of rpm changing ( Δspeed changing) is still incorrect after the untanglingcourse has been carried out the required times, it displays the “ UE” error message.rpm3.Period getting theeccentricity Data4.Spinningstart100 rpmSensingperiod50 rpm2.UntanglingO.K5sec.10sec.5sec.5sec.1.Rinsing finish/Spinning start12sec.
122. Suds-Free SystemImprove “wash/rinse” and “spin” performance by detectingand removing excessive suds in the drum
13Fill in water for 1minute 2. Suds sensing functionDuring Washing cycleSuds sensing during washing cycle is done by water level change regardless of motor operation.If frequency is lower than 23.3KHz, the machine decides it as a suds problems.In Perm press, Delicates, Wool/Silk, or Hand wash cycle, it does not work.Sensing and removing Suds during Washing cycleWashing ProcessLower than23.3KHzDraining for 1minuteBreaking for 2minute3timesFill in water for 1minuteTotal Required time : about 12minutesFinish
142. Suds sensing function During Spinning cycle 3times Sensing and removing Sudsduring Spin cycleDuring Spinning cycle• The micom recognizes it as suds problem when: 1) the spinning speed doesnot reach 270rpm in 10 sec.2) the water pressure islower than 24.0kHz during intermittent spin.3) the water pressure islower than 24.4kHz during high speed spin.• When suds is detected, spinning is stopped and the Suds remove program is started. And then the Water supplying and draining are proceeded until suds is not detected.Spinning ProcessSuds sensedFill in waterfor 1 minuteBreaking for 2minuteDrain for2 minuteFinish3times
152. High Cleaning Performance RollerJetsCirculation SystemThe washing balls increase cleaning power byshooting out water this decreases laundryrubbing together and thus reduces damage toyour laundry.It is Circulation Shower System that sprayswater from the top down decreasing water,detergent and energy consumption whileat the same time increasing washing power.Heavy Lifter ▶Powerfully lifta bulky laundryShower ConnectorHole ▶ Shower Fn.(At peak point)Ball ▶Bearing Fn.(Decrease rubbing)Inside of the drum
16Largest washer with dryer 2. Condensing Dry systemA condensing dryer takes the moist air released from your laundry and mixes it with cool air. This process returns the moisture to water, which is pumped away to a drain line. The some of steam is away througth the dispense and vent.Largest washer with dryerPerformance10kg washer with dryeris first in the world.Use less condensing water than anyother washer with dryer.High dry performanceHigh energy efficiency2-step safety equipment13241:dry duct2:tub3:fan4:condensing duct
173. Water Circulation ●Feature ●Working Description Drain Pump Circulation PumpShower Connector●Feature1) Spray detergent solutionand water onto the loadover and over.2) Clothes are soaked morequickly and thoroughly duringwash cycle.3) The detergent suds can beremoved more easily by thewater shower duringrinse cycle.4) Uses both water and detergentmore efficiently.5) Is used to wash inside of thedoor window.Inside of the drum●Working Description1) During Wash cycle:0~3 min - Pump On3~10 min - 20 sec On10 sec Off2) During Rinse cycle:always On3) Start operation after water issupplied
183. Door Lock Switch ●Feature Unlock ②Lock ①Lock ●Working Description 1) Normally be unlocked, so thatthe washer can be opened byhand even if the washer hasno power supply.2) Instantaneous locking/unlocking.3) Enable to open from insidefor safety.Unlock②Lock①Lock●Working Description1) Stop →Operation:1 pulse applied to Lock2) Operation →Stop:2 pulses applied to Unlock* Power failure during operation:lock for 5 min●The door cannot beunlocked if:1) The drum is moving.2) The water temperature exceed45 degrees C.3) The water level exceed acertain point.
193. Ball Sensor ●Feature Ball Sensor ●Working Description HOLEBALLCASETR(Sensing light)DIODE(emitting light)light●Feature1) Detects unbalanced load.2) Prevents a striking/walking.3) Drum stops if excessivevibration occurred and thentub hits the ball sensor.Ball Sensor●Working Description1) Senses within 60~300 rpm during spin.2) If the tub hits the ball sensor then drum stops rotating andrebalance the load.3) Sensor detects out-of-balance and makes loads balanced toachieve lower noise and vibration.
204. Control Panel 1 2 3 4 8 9 6 7 10 5 DOOR LOCKED lamp EST. TIME REMAINING2STATUSINDICATOR34POWERbuttonWASH/RINSE temp.SPIN SPEEDSOIL LEVELbutton896CYCLE SELECTOR knobSTART/PAUSE button7DRYbuttonCUSTOMPROGRAMbutton105OPTIONbuttonsCHILDLOCK
215. Test Operation * BEFORE PERFORMING SERVICE ① Preparation for washing② Press the POWER button③ Press theSTART/PAUSE button④ Check the water supply⑤ Check automatic reverseturnConnect the power plugto the outlet.Connect the inlet hose.In case of NORMALprogram.Check if water is suppiedthrough the detergentdispenser.Check if the drum rotatesclockwise andcounterclockwise.Listen for clickingsounds to determineif the door has locked.⑧ Power off and open the door⑧ Press the START/PAUSEbutton⑦ Check drain and spin⑥ Check the water heatingPress the POWER button twicethe restart.Press the SPIN SPEED button.Press the Start/Pause button.If SVC is needed during check,remove the remaining water bypulling out the hose cap.Listen for clicking sounds todetermine if the door hasunlocking.Press the WASH/RINSE buttonand the present temperature willbe displayed.* BEFORE PERFORMING SERVICE1. Be careful of electric shock when disconnecting parts for while troubleshooting.2. The voltage of each terminal is 120V AC and DC when the unit is plugged in.3. First of all, check the connection of each electrical terminal with the wiring diagram.
237. QC Test Mode* The washer must be empty and the controls must be in the off state.** Even if you press the button to check inlet valve, inlet valve does not operate until the drum completely stop from spinning.