Presentation on theme: "LIVING WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. 14 JUNE 2000 1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. 2. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures."— Presentation transcript:
LIVING WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
14 JUNE 2000
1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. 2. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures. 3. Through illumination He enables men to understand truth. 4. He exalts Christ.
5. He convicts men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. 6. He calls men to the Saviour, and effects regeneration. 7. At the moment of regeneration He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ.
8. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows the spiritual gifts by which they serve God through His church. 9. He seals the believer unto the day of final redemption.
10. His presence in the Christian is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness of the stature of Christ. 11. He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
THE HOPE OF THE WORLD
“AND DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD”
“DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT”
’S – Reinhard Bonkke in Malaysia “The Finger Prints of the Holy Spirit”
– FPBC Leaders Prayer Retreat in Cameron Highlands “God Wants to Do a New Thing in FPBC... A New Move of the Holy Spirit”
1. The elders sensed the direction of the wind of the Holy Spirit They were uncertain how to lead They were unsure the congregation will follow.
JUDGES 5:2 “When leaders lead in Israel, when the people willingly offer themselves, Bless the Lord!”
1. Trust & release your leaders to follow the wind of the Holy Spirit 2. Create a climate for change in the church 3. Be willing to make mistakes and TRY again.
1. Change is a constant Meet new challenges with new and equal responses 3. Let the UNCHANGING principle of Spirit-Led leadership be at the core of your response to the changes ahead..