Presentation on theme: "Permanent ccTLD Secretariat Work Plan for FY01-FY02 31 st May 2001 Stockholm, Sweden Byung-Kyu Kim, Ph.D. Executive Director Permanent ccTLD Secretariat."— Presentation transcript:
Permanent ccTLD Secretariat Work Plan for FY01-FY02 31 st May 2001 Stockholm, Sweden Byung-Kyu Kim, Ph.D. Executive Director Permanent ccTLD Secretariat
Interim ccTLD Secretariat - July 2000 – 3 rd May 2001 (about 10 months) Permanent ccTLD Secretariat - 31 st Dec., 2000: RFP on website (3 yrs and extendable) - 31 st Jan., 2001: Submitted the proposal - 9 th Mar., 2001: Presented the proposal in Melbourne - 21 st Mar., 2001: Final version of the proposal - 9 th – 25 th Apr., 2001: Endorsement - 3 rd May, 2001: Approved by AdCom - Officially started on 4 th May, 2001
Staff Members Official Staffs: Byung-Kyu Kim, Executive Director Abhisak Chulya, Deputy Executive Director Seung Yeon Yoo, Administrative Assistant Voluneer staffs: Jeong Hye Choi from IAK We welcome any volunteers to help the ccTLD secretariat works.
Work Plan Maintaining and updating the ccTLD web site Maintaining, archiving, and publishing mailing lists Publicizing, promoting, and encouraging developmental activities Providing overall organization services for ccTLD meetings Performing bookkeeping and accounting services Election and Voting Content (Document) Preparation General Support - Help Desk
1. ccTLD website (http://www.wwtld.org) Keeping the web site alive and all related ccTLD information Updating the website with latest information Linking to other appropriate websites Providing translation of important Web pages and documents into other languages. Action:Web site has been now transferred to Korea and is under restructured for a new look. Person in Charge: Byung-Kyu Kim and Jeong Hye Choi Time frame: will finish the web site restructure by the end of June.
2. ccTLD mailing-lists and web archives The following lists will continue to provide the forum for all ccTLD managers and their representatives: cctld-discuss list, cctld-adcom list, and cctld-contacts list, cctld-nc list, cctld-lex list, cctld-sec list. Action: Mailing lists are still with AFNIC and will be transferred to Korea. Person in Charge: Byung-Kyu Kim and Seung Yeon Yoo Time frame: will complete the transfer by the end of June.
3. Publicizing, promoting, and encouraging developmental activities The ccTLD Secretariat will encourage each regional organization to work with those ccTLDs who have not yet participated in our activities by visiting them as well as setting up Internet Seminar in those countries. The target countries will be decided by an ad-hoc committee consisted of AdCom members and Chairs of each regional Outreach Program. Action: ccTLD Sec. has participated in AFNOG meeting on 12 May 2001 and organized AFTLD meeting on 15 th May 2001 in Accra, Ghana. ccTLD Sec. has conducted the outreach seminar in Shanghai, China on 19 th May, 2001 with APTLD. Person in Charge: Byung-Kyu Kim is in charge with Abhisak Chulya helping outreach activities in Africa. Time Frame: The outreach manager will be appointed.
4. Providing overall organization services for ccTLD meetings Details of work include notifications, meeting room bookings, sponsors arrangement and audio visual equipment setups. The Secretariat will provide scribe services and minutes of all the meetings and teleconferences. Action: Stockholm ccTLD meeting is being organized with four sponsors. Person in Charge: Abhisak Chulya and SY Yoo Time Frame: Stockholm meeting is set up.
5. Performing bookkeeping and accounting services Details of work include opening and managing a ccTLD bank account. Posting on the website the Cash Flow of all related income, expenses, disbursements, payment of bills, and membership fees. Action: A new staff has already been hired for administrative and accounting work. Person in Charge: Seung Yeon Yoo Time Frame: Underway
6. Election and Voting ccTLD Sec. will organize the voting processes of all ccTLD related elections with ccTLD AdCom approval. Action: Conduct an informal voting to accept Best Practice Guideline document. Person in Charge: Abhisak Chulya Time Frame: Completed.
7. Content Preparation Editing and preparing the various official documents of the ccTLD Constituency for publication. Action: A content manager or a helping organization will be appointed. Person in Charge: Not yet been assigned. Time Frame: by the end of June.
8. General Supports – Help Desk CcTLD will provide a "Help Desk" via e-mail and telephone with quick responses and actions for all requests and questions from ccTLD members including general supports to the ccTLD AdCom as needed or requested. Action: Will start “help Desk” Person in Charge: Seung Yeon Yoo Time Frame: underway
Budget Plan of FY01-FY02 Basic/Minimal Expenses: $87,000/yr These should be contributed by ccTLD members. - ccTLD Staffs $45,600/yr - Technical/Translation Service $15,600/yr - Communication cost (telephone, internet..) $8,400/yr - Cost for electoral voting ballot $1,000/yr - Traveling cost for ICANN/Other meetings $11,400/yr - Equipment $5,000/yr Including Optional Outreach Activities: $120,000/yr All cases are not included cost meeting rooms.
Things to accomplish soon 5 Overseeing Boards from each region (to supervise and decide secretariat’s works) Fix the minimal operational period: 3 years term Basic funding should be made by ccTLD members. Scope of Permanent ccTLD Secretariat: Same roles as Interim and optional outreach activities. Interim should take charge of all financial matters until 3 rd of May. Permanent started on 4 th of May. Executive director should have the authority for wwtld.org to operate web/mail servers.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.