Presentation on theme: "Luke 15:4-7 Lost Sheep Ministries Leave - Go - Find - Bring Back - Rejoice T4T – Session 8 www.lostsheepministries.com."— Presentation transcript:
Luke 15:4-7 Lost Sheep Ministries Leave - Go - Find - Bring Back - Rejoice T4T – Session 8
Training T T T T 4 4 For Trainers Session 8
The Purpose of T4T is to Train Trainers!
Introduction to T4T Session 8 During Session 8 the emphasis will be on the spiritual nature of church planting Unless the efforts to start new churches are energized by the Holy Spirit, the effort will be in vain! God has provided You special power and abilities to accomplish His commissions Continue adding names to your list and witness to Five more this coming week
1. How are You Doing? Session 8:
2. Let’s Worship Read pages of the T4T, A Discipleship Re-Revolution Book. The Spirit works in those on your list that are away from God to prepare them for your Story Spend a few minutes praying for those on the lists of people that are known to be away from God. In faith, thank God for going ahead of you to convict those you will witness to.
3. Accountability for Session #8 Ask Each to; Explain how they think the G0 church is doing. Specifically what are the members doing to start new groups? Share how the Inductive study of the book of 1 John should encourage your G0 members. Identify specifically what the G1 churches needs (i.e. study Bibles, Lord Supper materials, T4T books, Journals, Pens, other things, etc.) Tell how many are in their T4T G1 church (s)? Who are the leaders? Tell how many they now have on their list of people known to be away from God?
4. Vision Casting You must not attempt to maintain a T4T movement apart from the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. The Trainers that you train are to provide the leadership oversight needed to sustain new church start ups. The Holy Spirit goes ahead of you and convicts those of sin that are on your list. John 16:8 -11 Depend upon the ministry of the Holy Spirit and teach others to depend upon Him also.
The Fruit of the Spirit 5. Discipleship Lesson Galatians 5:13-24
We Are The Temple of the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 6: 19 Don’t You realize that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, who live in you and was given to you by God?
Once you become a Christian, you are a radically different person. God, in the person of the Holy Spirit, now lives in your spirit. Therefore His characteristics, nature and likeness will shine forth from you as you grow and become more and more transformed into the likeness of Christ. The Bible calls His characteristics Fruit. Or Fruit of the Spirit
13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5: 13 through 24 illustrates this conversion that takes place in each Christian
14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. 16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (You are under Grace)
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit (characteristics) of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Contrasts in Ways to Live Worldly: 1. Pride 2. Envy 3. Jealousy 4. Covetness 5. Lust 6. Greed 7. Anger 8. Anxiousness 9. Selfish Christian: 1. Love 2. Joy 3. Peace 4. Patience 5. Kindness 6. Goodness 7. Faithfulness 8. Gentleness 9. Self Control Galatians 5:22 Old Life in Adam (Flesh)New Life in Christ The Way You WERE The Way You ARE
You are a New person in Christ! God is changing you from the Inside Out. He lives in You and empowers you to live a Victorious Life Celebrate!!
6. Practice Re-arrange the team into smaller groups of 2 to 4 members Discuss why Jesus said that we will be able to do greater things than Him when He returned to the right hand of the Father? In what ways should we depend upon the Spirit to bring those away from God into the Kingdom? Why do we find it difficult to turn over responsibility to new Christians?
7. Goal Setting for Session 8 Tell Your Story to Five people on your list this week that are known to be away from God. Do an Inductive Bible Study of Matthew 28. Be prepared to share what Matthew 28:18-20 means at the next G0 meeting