Presentation on theme: "Quiz 8 Fall 2011. 1. A negative ion has more A) electrons than neutrons. B) electrons than protons. C) protons than electrons. D) neutrons than protons."— Presentation transcript:
Quiz 8 Fall 2011
1. A negative ion has more A) electrons than neutrons. B) electrons than protons. C) protons than electrons. D) neutrons than protons plus electrons.
2. When a pair of charged particles are brought twice as close to each other, the force between them becomes A) twice as strong. B) half as strong. C) 4 times as strong. D) one-quarter as strong.
3. When a cloud that is negatively charged on its bottom and positively charged on its top moves over the ground below, the ground acquires A) a positive charge. B) a negative charge. C) no charge since the cloud is electrically neutral. D) an electrically grounded state.
4. Normally, a rubber balloon charged to thousands of volts has a relatively A) large amount of charge. B) small amount of energy. C) small electric potential. D) small electric field.
5. The thing that we measure in joules per coulomb is A) electric force. B) electric field. C) electric current. D) voltage.
6. The electric current in a copper wire is normally composed of A) electrons. B) protons. C) ions. D) All or any of these.
7. Which statement is correct? A) Voltage flows in a circuit. B) Charge flows in a circuit. C) A battery is the source of electrons in acircuit. D) All are correct.
8. The difference between dc and ac in electrical circuits is that in dc the electrons A) flow steadily in one direction only. B) flow steadily to and fro. C) flow in one direction only. D) flow to and fro.
9. The resistance of a resistor depends inversely on its length. A) True B) False
10. When 110 volts are impressed across a 22-ohm resistor, the current in the resistor is A) 5 A. B) 10 A. C) 132 A. D) 2420 A.
Answer key 1. B 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. D 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. B 10. A