1. Sam is Charlie’s ___________. 2. Mary is Nancy’s ____________. 3. Linda is Charlie’s __________. 4. Peter is Nancy’s ___________. 5. Emma is Charlie’s ________. 6. Jack is Nancy’s ____________. 7. Cathy is Charlie’s __________. 8. Charlie is Cathy’s _________. grandfather grandmother mother father aunt uncle sister brother
Work in pairs. Talk about your family. Big or small?
aunt grandma grandmother mother mum sister brother dad father grandfather grandpa uncle Reading and vocabulary Match the words in Box A with the words in Box B. AB
small big a small family a big family Work in groups : Talk about your family. Use “… have/has got a / some …; … have /has not got a / any…; there is / are …” to help you. One of you is the secretary to take some notes of the information your partners say.
— Have you got a small family or a big one? — I’ve got a big family. There are … people in my family. Have you got a small family? No, I’ve got a big family.
Read and fill in the information cards: From: To: Form ( 形式 ) of the passage: Tony’s family (big or small) Lingling Diana An email Big
Numberfamilies People in Lingling’s family Lingling’s aunt People in Betty’s family Betty’s brother Betty’s aunt People in Tony’s family Tony’s grandparents 5 1 9 2 2 11 4
1. How many people are there in Betty’s family? 2. Is Betty’s family small? There are nine people in Betty’s family. No, it isn’t. It’s a big one. Work in pair. Read the email again and answer the question:
3. Has Betty got any brothers or sisters? 4. How many people are there in Tony’s family? She has got two brothers. There are ten people in Tony’s family.
1. Thank you for your email. 感谢你的邮件。 thank you for + 名词 动词 -ing Language notes 1) Thank you for your flowers. 感谢你的花。 2) Thank you for your help. 感谢你的帮助。
1. 感谢你的来信。 _____________ your letter. 2. 感谢你的蛋糕。 ___________________ a cake for me. Thank you for Thank you for making 3) Thank you for helping me. 感谢你帮助我。 Complete the sentences.
Underline the capital letters, full stops and question marks. Put capital letters, full stops, and question marks into this passage. tony’s english and he’s got a big family _ how many people are there in his family _ he hasn’t got any grandparents with him in china _ they are in england _ he’s got his parents and his sister here _ he hasn’t got any brothers _
Tony’s English and he’s got a big family. How many people are there in his family? He hasn’t got any grandparents with him in China. They are in England. He’s got his parents His sister here. He hasn’t got any brothers.
Put the capital letters, full stops and question marks in this conversation. A: tara is american and american families are sometimes very big B: has she got a small family A: no, she hasn’t she’s got four grandparents one of them is 84 years old B: has she got any aunts or uncles A: she has one aunt
1. 你家有 4 个人吗？ ________ four people in your family? 2. 他的房间有多少书？ _______________________ in his room? 3. 感谢你打电话给我们。 ___________________ us. 4. Betty 有兄弟或姐妹吗？ ____ Betty _______ brothers ____ sisters? 5. 他有个大家庭。 He _____________ family. Are there How many books are there Thank you for calling Has got any or has (got) a big Exercise
Homework Finish the exercises in the workbook Ex. 9, 10, 11, 12 &13.