Presentation on theme: "Easy Meditation Gan, Chennai Please Do not Edit Contents Created : 09/Jun/2011 :: Revision 04."— Presentation transcript:
Easy Meditation Gan, Chennai Please Do not Edit Contents Created : 09/Jun/2011 :: Revision 04 : 23/Sep/2012 Disclaimer: All contents of this presentation are simply my random thoughts and opinions to the Best of my knowledge and belief and ‘THE READER’ need not consider them as ‘TRUE’ or ‘TRUTH’. No Guarantee implied. Subject to Revisions.
The Purpose of Meditation is to Transcend the Mind Transcending the Mind means ‘Going beyond the Mind’
A Transcended Mind goes beyond Thinking and Not Thinking The question of Thinking and Not Thinking does not arise at the Transcended state of Mind as the Mind is superceeded by Consciousness The Mind attains almost Zero Potential at the Meditation State as it has lost all its powers. The Mind becomes Null
Understand the fact that ‘Thinking’ and ‘Not Thinking’ both are the attributes of an Active Mind ‘Not Thinking’ is different from ‘Non Thinking’ ‘Not thinking’ is also part of Thinking Only. Hence the Mind must be Transcended. Meditation enables this ‘Non Thinking’ State of Transcendence
Steps in Meditation 1. Preparing to Meditate 2. Pre-Meditation 3. Entering the Meditation 4. Continuing the Meditation 5. Continuing the Meditation 6. Anchoring in Meditation 7. The Meditative State 8. The Meditative State Contd.. 9. Ending the Meditation 10. What do you gain by Meditating
1. Preparing to Meditate Choose a Calm Environment Prefer the same place and same time Everyday Be in Empty Stomach Set an alarm for Minutes if you want Repeat Meditation 2-3 Times a Day preferably Morning, Afternoon and Evening Sit conveniently in a Chair in any position Rest and support your Back Preferably try to Keep your spine erect Close your Eyes Blind fold your Eyes using kerchief if closing your eyes is a difficult task for you 1. Preparing to Meditate Choose a Calm Environment Prefer the same place and same time Everyday Be in Empty Stomach Set an alarm for Minutes if you want Repeat Meditation 2-3 Times a Day preferably Morning, Afternoon and Evening Sit conveniently in a Chair in any position Rest and support your Back Preferably try to Keep your spine erect Close your Eyes Blind fold your Eyes using kerchief if closing your eyes is a difficult task for you
2. Pre Mediation Meditation will be effective if certain Pre Meditation Techniques are followed like Pranayama. Breathing has direct relationship with Mind. Nadi sudhi pranayama or Kapalbhati are effective pranayama Techniques. In Nadi sudhi pranayama you Inhale through the Left Nostril and Exhale through the Right Nostril. Then Inhale through the Right Nostril and Exhale through the Left Nostril. This is One Cycle. Repeat this for Cycles. In Kapalbhati you forcefully exhale thro’ both Nostrils. Then inhale thro’ both Nostrils. Then forcefully exhale thro’ both Nostrils. Repeat this for times. Perform any one of the above (Either Nadi sudhi or Kapalbhati )
3. Entering the Meditation Mind becomes 25% calm by pranayama itself. But this state is unsustainable. You must go to the Next state in Meditation. Simply inhale and Exhale watching your Breath attentively. Perform Belly Breathing. While Inhaling Belly should come out and Exhaling Belly should go in. Watch your belly attentively while exhaling ‘Letting Go’ everything as if Gravity takes care of the falling Belly. Concentrate on the Belly Breathing. Repeat this Belly Breathing for Times. Now you are 50% ready for Meditation.
4. Continuing the Meditation Think in Mind slowly 100, 99,98,97,96 Think Slowly 95,94,93,92,91 Thoughts may disturb you. Let all the Thoughts come out Finish your Thoughts and let it go Start once again :: Think Slowly 100, 99,98,97,96 Think Slowly 95,94,93,92,91 Repeat this as much as you can, going up to ‘0’
5. Continuing the Meditation While thinking slowly the numbers in reverse order like 90,89,88, 87,86 you may get confused and miss the numbers. Then once again go back to Thinking Slowly 100,99,98,97,96 Continue thinking slowly 95,94,93,92,91, Continue thinking slowly 90,89,88,87,86, Continue ………….. Continue ………….
Follow the Matrix given below in Mind in the exact pattern shown below Proceed like this till ……
If any thought comes while following the Matrix Once again start from the beginning And Proceed again ……. This process should be repeated whenever thoughts come in the middle of reverse counting in the Mind
Gradually switch on to concentrating on the Breath …………………. Like a Pole Vault Player skips his Pole after attaining a specific height ……………….. Merely watch the Breath ……………… Merely keep watching the Breath ……………… As you keep going……… You attain the Thoughtless State
6. Anchoring in Meditation Soon the Mind gets tired and goes back to its shell The Mind is now getting Transcended. All thoughts subside. The mind does not want to think any more You get into ‘Thoughtless State’. Now the Consciousness gets Awakened. Consciousness becomes predominant in you You can watch your own Mind using your Consciousness. No thoughts disturb you now
7. The Meditative State In the Meditative State you are fully Aware and Alert You are in the Thoughtless State The Mind has become inactive and your servant now When Mind looses its Power Consciousness becomes predominant You have Transcended the Mind. That means You can Think still if you want. But you would prefer to be in the Transcended state. A sublime state of Consciousness watching your own self. This is Consciousness becoming aware of its own self.
8. The Meditative State Contd.. Now you are simply Aware of Yourself Just like an Apple able to taste its own sweetness You are still Alert. You can still be aware of people going and coming around. You can still hear distant noises. Nothing will disturb you unless it is extremely violent You continue this sublime state and be in the state as long as you wish say Minutes
9. Ending the Meditation Slowly come out of the Meditative State Rub Your palms and make some Heat Rub and Wash your face using the Heat produced Now you have gained lot of Energy Open your eyes very slowly Thank God for this grand state of realization Do not boast your experience to anybody Continue your Daily Life as usual Understand:: God willing only, one can experience Meditation
10. What do you gain by Meditating Meditation is the door way to Freedom. The beginning of a New Journey. Mind looses its domination A New Awareness begins. You become Self Aware You are able to connect to your real self Your Third Eye (Creativity and Imagination Power) gets activated You overcome stress Your Blood Pressure Reduces Your overall Health Improves You understanding power increases Your Wisdom Increases Your thoughts become very sharp You are able to connect to the Inner World More Avenues in the Inner World opens A New Journey Begins from Here to Unexplored Avenues inside the Self