5There is no nutritional value rating There is no nutritional value rating. The nutrition label contains information about the products nutrition. If there was a nutritional value rating people would most likely complain because it would be a personal opinion of how nutritional the food was.
62. True or False, the ingredients label on food packages lists the ingredients by weight in descending orderA. True.B. False.
9The ingredients are listed by weight in descending order The ingredients are listed by weight in descending order. Each ingredient is listed separate even if it is in the same group. For example, corn syrup, sugar, and honey are all sweeteners but they are all listed separately.
103. Food additives are….A. Food added to food so there is more nutritional value.B. Adding the nutritional values of different foods together.C. Substances added to food to produce a desired effect.D. All of the above.
13Food additives are added to produce a desired effect Food additives are added to produce a desired effect. Some food additives are added to preserve foods, like pickling, and others are added to improve taste
144. Enriched food is… A. Food only affordable to rich people. B. Food that will get you rich if you keep it for a long time.C. Food that is rich with protein.D. Food that has the nutrients it lost during processing added back into it.
17Enriched food has lost certain nutrients during processing, but then had them put back in. some of the foods we eat wouldn’t have the nutrients that we need unless it was enriched
185. The process of fortification is described as A. A law that states no food can be mixed with other foods.B. A process in which certain foods will fortify and become chunky.C. Adding nutrients that were not there in the first place.D. All of the above.
25Aspartame is a calorie free sweetener that is often added to sodas and frozen desserts. It usually take the place of sugar. It is safe, but should still be used in moderation
267. If you see the word “light” on a product what does it usually mean? A. Only people that don’t weigh a lot can eat it.B. If you eat it under the light you will lose weight.C. Calories have been reduced by a third, or fat or sodium by at least a half.D. It is not very filling and you can eat a lot of it without getting full.
29Foods that are light contain fewer calories than the amount that were in that food originally. More and more products are starting to produce there food with a “light” option. The food will be healthier without as many calories, fat or sodium.
308. What is the expiration date on food products? A. When the product expires form production.B. The last possible day to eat the food before it is totally decomposed.C. The last day you should use the product.D. The day you can start consuming the product.
33Food can still be edible after the expiration date but it may not taste the same. In most instances the food has become stale after that date. Stores are not required to put expiration dates on food, but most stores do.
349. The Freshness date tells you… A. When the food will be fresh.B. When the food is not safe anymore.C. The last date that the food is thought to be fresh.D. The first date the food is thought to be fresh.
37The stores want to tell you the best possible time to consume the product for the greatest taste. However, just like the expiration date, stores are not required to put a freshness date on their products.
3810. What is the term used to explain the date on which a product was packaged? A. Pack date.B. Produced on date.C. Expiration date.D. Sell by date.
41This date is usually on all packages but not seen by the consumers This date is usually on all packages but not seen by the consumers. The date is often coded so only the manufacturer knows what the date is. This can also give you an idea of when it is best to consume the product.
4211. The sell date is also referred to as the A. Sold date.B. Pull date.C. Buy date.D. Hot date.
45Once this date is reached the store should “pull” this product form its shelves. You will see this most often on milk jugs near the cap. You should never see a date that is a day before or more from the date you are going to purchase it on.
4612. what is unit pricing?A. Pricing items individually even if they come in bulk.B. Pricing items randomly.C. Strategy for recognizing the relative cost of a product based on the cost of a standard unit such as an ounce or gram.D. Pricing done in alphabetical order.
49Looking at the cost per unit on the price tag under your item is essential to saving money. Buying stuff in bulk doesn’t always save you money. Some stores will try to trick you into buying a pack of something for a certain amount, when buying the same number of that product individually will cost less money.
5013. If a 12-ounce can of corn costs $1 13. If a 12-ounce can of corn costs $1.04 what would the unit price per ounce be?A. 8.9 cents per ounce.B. 9.8 cents per ounce.C. 1.2 cents per ounce.D. 8.7 cents per ounce.
61Serving size tells you how much of the product you are getting Serving size tells you how much of the product you are getting. Without it you could end up buying a box the size of a cereal box and open it up to find one graham cracker in the bottom
6216. if a food is said to be fresh it means it is… A. raw, unprocessed, contains no preservatives, and has never been frozen or heated.B. Good to eat.C. Just got out of the oven.D. All of the above.
65Fresh food is the safest to eat because it has nor preservatives Fresh food is the safest to eat because it has nor preservatives. Preservatives are not healthy if we have to many of them. Most fast food restaurants don’t have fresh food.
6617. if a product is labeled “free” it means it contains no amount or only a slight amount of fat, cholesterhol , sodium sugars or caloriesA. true.B. false.
81The ingredient list tells everything that is in the product The ingredient list tells everything that is in the product. Ingredients are listed form greatest to least by weight. A lot of the groups are broken into smaller groups to hide the amount of that ingredient.
82If you would like to play again, click The EndIf you would like to play again, clickHERE.