ULTRA – KEFIR - Easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins. Because kefir is such a balanced and nourishing food, it contributes to a healthy immune system and has been used to help patients suffering from AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes, and cancer. Its tranquilizing effect on the nervous system has benefited many who suffer from sleep disorders, depression, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier digestive system. In addition, its cleansing effect on the whole body helps to establish a balanced inner ecosystem for optimum health and longevity. Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced. Its excellent nutritional content offers healing and health-maintenance benefits to people in every type of condition.
Helps the body produce energy - Guyabano can supply enough good amount of thiamin which is needed in the process of converting sugar into usable energy. Keep bones healthy – Guyabano is loaded with calcium about 25 percent as prevention from bone loss. Boots cholesterol levels – Guyabano is a good source of niacin which known as vitamin that is significant for a good cholesterol levels. Prevents anemia – An iron provider which prevents blood disorder. Prevents migraine – This fruit carries riboflavin which helps in the prevention of headache. GUYABANO
Prevents urinary tract infection – A good source of Vitamin C, which helps in decreasing the number of harmful bacteria present in the urinary tract. Prevents leg cramps – Like banana, guyabano is also a good source of potassium which fight against muscle weakness. Prevents water retention – It helps women lessen their premenstrual symptoms. Prevents pregnancy complications – Folate is present in soursop fruit which prevents deficiency in pregnant women in order to prevent pregnancy loss. And of course, Guyabano can also be consumed in the form of juice. Here is how.
TURMERIC Turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also loaded with many healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc.
AMPALAYA Ampalaya (Bitter Melon) or it's scientific name, Momordica charantia has been a folkloric cure for generations but has now been proven to be an effective herbal medicine for many aliments. The Philippine Department of Health has endorsed Ampalaya Bitter Melon (Momordica Charantia) as an alternative herbal medicine for liver problems. Research about Ampalaya has shown that Ampalaya increases the production of beta cells by the pancreas, thereby improving the body’s ability to produce insulin, that controls the blood sugar for diabetics. Ampalaya leaves and fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin B, iron, calcium, and phosphorus. It is also rich in beta carotene. Ampalaya is used as herbal treatment for diabetes, HIV, coughs, skin diseases, sterility in women, parasiticide, antipyretic and as purgative among others.
PAPAYA Health Benefits of Papaya: 1. Skin & Papaya- It is great for the skin and can be used as a face pack to get its benefits. It helps to get rid of acne and skin infections as it helps to open clogged pores. The fermented flesh of papaya also called as papaya helps to dissolve the dead cells, giving fresh and glowing skin as a result. It is good to cure the skin infections and wounds that don’t heal quickly. 2. Cholesterol & Papaya- As it is a fruit that is rich in fiber it lowers blood cholesterol levels. It contains enzymes that help prevent oxidization of cholesterol, which in return helps to prevent heart-attacks. 3. Anti-ageing & Papaya- The antioxidants in papaya help in controlling premature ageing. This quality of the papaya helps you to get a younger look. 4. Intestinal Worms & Papaya- The seeds of papaya too possess medicinal properties. They are very good in treating intestinal worms in the body. 5. Constipation & Papaya- Papaya helps in preventing constipation and aids in digestion. The enzyme papaya is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion.
6. Colon & Papaya- Its juice helps in curing infections of the colon by clearing the pus and mucus from it. You need to take it regularly to heal quickly. 7. Weight Loss & Papaya- It is low in calories and high in nutritional values. Hence, it is a good food for those who want to lose some weight. 8. Morning Sickness & Papaya- In pregnant ladies, regular consumption of a small slice of papaya helps to cure nausea and morning sickness. 9. Osteoporosis & Papaya- It contains anti-inflammatory enzymes that help in relieving pain for those who are suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis, and it also possesses anti-cancerous properties that can help prevent cancer. 10. Immunity & Papaya- It is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C that help in boosting the body’s immunity and hence is very good for those who are suffering from fever, cold or flu.
11. Shampoos & Papaya- Shampoos containing papaya are very good to control dandruff. 12. Menstrual Irregularities & Papaya- It helps in controlling the menstrual irregularities in women. Papaya helps to ease menstrual cramps and helps in promoting regular flow of menstruation. 13. Liver cancer & Papaya juice- As it has anti-proliferative effect on liver cancer cells it stops or slows down the growth of the cancer cells of liver and helps in its cure. 14. Kidney disorder & Papaya- In poison related kidney disorder it was found that the aqueous seed extract of the unripe mature fruits of papaya induces antioxidant and oxidative free radical scavenging and help kidney to recover. 15. Dengue Treatment and Papaya - Researchers have found that the juice obtained from the papaya leaves helps in the dengue fever treatment. The extract obtained from the papaya leaf increases the platelet count also known as thrombocytes in patients with dengue fever.
1. Packed with Vitamins and Minerals Pineapples are loaded with vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. It is also rich in fiber and calories. On top of it all, this fruit is low in fat and cholesterol. All the nutrients it contains promote goodhealth. 2. Prevents Cough and Colds Since pineapples are rich in vitamin C, it can fight off viruses that cause cough and colds. Even when you are already infected with such ailment, pineapples can help you. These fruits have bromelain, which is effective in suppressing coughs and loosening mucus. Eating pineapples while taking the right medications prescribed by the doctor for your sickness can help you recover more quickly. 3. Strengthens Bones Pineapples are also popular for their ability to build and maintain strong bones. This is because these fruits contain manganese, which is a trace mineral that your body needs to build bones and connective tissues. In fact, if you consume a cup of pineapple, you can already get 73 percent of your total body requirement for manganese. PINEAPPLE
4. Keeps Gums Healthy People are always very concerned with their teeth that they sometimes fail to give importance to the gums, which are equally essential since they hold the teeth in place. If a person has unhealthy gums, his/her teeth would be in bad condition, and eventually will fall out. Eating pineapple will strengthen your gums that will help keep your teeth healthy and strong. 5. Lowers Risk of Macular Degeneration Pineapples are known to prevent different kinds of ailments. One example is macular degeneration. This disease, which is the primary cause of vision loss in adults, is caused by damage to the retina. Reading, recognizing faces, and doing daily activities can become a lot more difficult because of this problem. Including pineapple in your diet can lower risk of this disease by as much as 36 percent. This is because this fruit contains beta carotene that is good for our sense of sight.
6. Alleviates Arthritis Since these fruits have anti-inflammatory qualities, eating pineapples can greatly alleviate the pain of arthritis while at the same time improve the condition by strengthening the bones. Apart from arthritis, it can also improve other similar conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and gout. 7. Improves Digestion Bromelain found in pineapples work to neutralize fluids to ensure that they are not too acidic. It also helps regulate the secretions in the pancreas to aid in digestion. Apart from that, since bromelain has protein-digesting properties, it can keep the digestive track healthy.
Benefits of Carrots 1. Improved Vision Western culture’s understanding of carrots being “good for the eyes” is one of the few we got right. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina, to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision. Beta-carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts. A study found that people who eat the most beta-carotene had 40 percent lower risk of macular degeneration than those who consumed little. 2. Cancer Prevention Studies have shown carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Researchers have just discovered falcarinol and falcarindiol which they feel cause the anticancer properties. Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases. Carrots are one of the only common sources of this compound. A study showed 1/3 lower cancer risk by carrot-eating mice.
3. Anti-Aging The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism. It help slows down the aging of cells. 4. Healthy Glowing Skin (from the inside) Vitamin A and antioxidants protects the skin from sun damage. Deficiencies of vitamin A cause dryness to the skin, hair and nails. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. 5. A Powerful Antiseptic Carrots are known by herbalists to prevent infection. They can be used on cuts – shredded raw or boiled and mashed. 6. Beautiful Skin (from the outside) Carrots are used as an inexpensive and very convenient facial mask. Just mix grated carrot with a bit of honey. See the full recipe here: carrot face mask.
7. Prevent Heart Disease Studies show that diets high in carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha- carotene and lutein. The regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids. 8. Cleanse the Body Vitamin A assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body. It reduces the bile and fat in the liver. The fibers present in carrots help clean out the colon and hasten waste movement. 9. Healthy Teeth and Gums It’s all in the crunch! Carrots clean your teeth and mouth. They scrape off plaque and food particles just like toothbrushes or toothpaste. Carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which being alkaline, balances out the acid-forming, cavity-forming bacteria. The minerals in carrots prevent tooth damage. 10. Prevent Stroke: From all the above benefits it is no surprise that in a Harvard University study, people who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or less.
1. They are high in vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps reduce the chemical homocysteine in our bodies. Homocysteine has been linked with degenerative diseases, including the prevention of heart attacks. 2. They are a good source of vitamin C. While most people know that vitamin C is important to help ward off cold and flu viruses, few people are aware that this crucial vitamin plays an important role in bone and tooth formation, digestion, and blood cell formation. It helps accelerate wound healing, produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity, and is essential to helping us cope with stress. It even appears to help protect our body against toxins that may be linked to cancer. 3. They contain Vitamin D which is critical for immune system and overall health at this time of year. Both a vitamin and a hormone, vitamin D is primarily made in our bodies as a result of getting adequate sunlight. You may have heard about seasonal affective disorder (or SAD, as it is also called), which is linked to inadequate sunlight and therefore a vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth, and it supports the thyroid gland. SWEET POTATO (CAMOTE)
4. Sweet potatoes contain iron. Most people are aware that we need the mineral iron to have adequate energy, but iron plays other important roles in our body, including red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune functioning, and the metabolizing of protein, among other things. 5. Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Magnesium is necessary for healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function, yet experts estimate that approximately 80 percent of the popula tion in North America may be deficient in this important mineral.
SALUYOT Saluyot being rich in vitamins and minerals generally promotes good health and well-being. Saluyot being rich in vitamin A can provide health benefits for good eyesight. Saluyot contains vitamin E and other antioxidants. It is said to prevent wrinkles and promote youthful looking skin. Saluyot is used to treat inflammation and pain such as arthritis, headache, stomach ache and others. Saluyot being rich in fiber helps to control blood pressure, cholesterol build-up, diabetes and prevents heart disease. Saluyot leaves are rich in fiber and its slimy consistency when cooked is used to treat various digestive problems such as diarrhea, stomach ache, dysentery, constipation and ulcers. It is also claimed that together with other herbs it can cure cancer.
SPINACH It’s wiser to choose tender baby spinach leaves. The larger the leaves, the more mature they are and more likely to be tough or stringy. Also, spinach leaves that are placed under direct light in the stores have been found to contain more nutrients than those stored in darkness. Cooking spinach actually increases its health benefits! Just half a cup of cooked spinach will give you thrice as much nutrition as one cup of raw spinach. That’s because the body cannot completely break down the nutrients in raw spinach for its use. As an exception to the advice above, research studies show that taking spinach in juice form is actually the healthiest way to consume it. Blend spinach with other vegetables or fruits to create a delicious glass of juice, or try a green smoothie.
There’s a compound in spinach called oxalic acid, which blocks the absorption of calcium and iron. An easy way to solve this problem is to pair spinach with a food high in vitamin C. Mandarin oranges and cantaloupes spring to mind here. Another way to reduce the power of oxalic acid is to boil the spinach leaves for at least two minutes. Freezing spinach diminishes its health benefits. The way to get the best from the leaf is to buy it fresh and eat it the same day. Do place spinach on your ‘organic shopping’ list, because the leaf tends to be sprayed heavily with pesticides that don’t come off with normal washing.
Everyone talks about the benefits of spinach in nourishing the eyes and building bones. What few know is that it also very good for digestion. Spinach eases constipation and protects the mucus lining of the stomach, so that you stay free of ulcers. It also flushes out toxins from the colon. Another lesser known benefit of spinach is its role in skin care. The bounty of vitamins and minerals in spinach can bring you quick relief from dry, itchy skin and lavish you with a radiant complexion. Regular consumption of fresh, organic spinach juice has been shown to improve skin health dramatically.
MANGO 1. Prevents Cancer: Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes. 2. Lowers Cholesterol: The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff) 3. Clears the Skin: Can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
4. Eye Health: One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes. 5. Alkalizes the Whole Body: The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body. 6. Helps in Diabetes: Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
7. Improved Sex: Mangos are a great source of vitamin E. Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin E was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (as from whole food) does help in this area. 8. Improves Digestion: Papayas are not the only fruit that contain enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.
9. Remedy for Heat Stroke Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process. 10. Boosts Immune system The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong
GOTU KOLA Gotu kola is used to treat bacterial, viral, or parastitic infections such as urinary tract infection (UTI), shingles, leprosy, cholera, dysentery, syphilis, the common cold, influenza, H1N1 (swine) flu, elephantiasis, tuberculosis, and schistosomiasis. Gotu kola is also used for fatigue, anxiety, depression, psychiatric disorders,Alzheimer's disease, and improving memory and intelligence. Other uses include wound healing, trauma, and circulation problems (venous insufficiency) including varicose veins, and blood clots in the legs. Some people use gotu kola for sunstroke, tonsillitis, fluid around the lungs (pleurisy),liver disease (hepatitis), jaundice, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ulcers, epilepsy, asthma, “tired blood” (anemia),diabetes, and for helping them live longer. Some women use gotu kola for preventing pregnancy, absence of menstrual periods, and to arouse sexual desire. Gotu kola is sometimes applied to the skin for wound healing and reducing scars, includiung stretch marks caused by pregnancy.
GUAVA Improves your immunity Guavas contain four times the Vitamin C content present in oranges. Vitamin C helps in improving your immunity and thus keeps your body healthy and protects it from pathogens that cause infections. Improves your hormonal function Copper, present in guava, helps in the production and absorption of hormones. This property helps in improving the function of your endocrine system especially thyroid glands which is responsible for the way in which you metabolize food, use energy, etc. Lowers risk of cancer Being diagnosed with cancer can be a person’s worst nightmare. Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants like lycopene, eating guavas can protect your cells from damage and reduce your chances of getting cancer. Additionally, Vitamin C boosts your immunity which is critical in fighting cancer cells.
Good for diabetics Rich in fiber and with a low glycemic index, guavas can be consumed by diabetics and those who want to prevent diabetes. When you have diabetes, your body stops producing insulin which is responsible for the absorption of glucose. Consuming fruits and vegetables rich in fiber is recommended. Has anti-ageing properties for your skin Guavas are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and antioxidants like lycopene and carotene which protect your skin from wrinkles and fine lines, thus making you look younger. Old- age is a certainty in everyone’s life, and eating a guava every day can at least prolong the process. Helps treat constipation Constipation is caused when food is stuck in our colon. Guava, is rich in fiber which helps in clearing the blocked pathway and thus curing your constipation
Helps improve vision Even though, guavas are not as rich in Vitamin A as carrots, they still are still a very good source of the nutrient. Vitamin A helps keep your eyes in good condition, and also helps improve your vision. Night blindness is one of the diseases associated with a Vitamin A deficiency. Good for pregnant mothers Guavas contain Folic acid, or Vitamin B-9, which is recommended for pregnant mothers since it can help in developing the baby’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders. Helps you relax Magnesium present in guavas helps in relaxing your nerves and muscles. In today’s stressful times, consuming a guava to combat stress and relax is certainly a good idea. Good for your brain Brain is one of the major organs of our body, and keeping it healthy should be on our priority list regardless of how intelligent we consider ourselves. Guavas contain Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6, also known as niacin and pyridoxine, which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain and relaxing your nerves.
JACKFRUIT 1. Strengthens the immune system Vitamin C is one of the most widely used supplements as it is best known as the nutrient which helps prevent colds and infections. One cup of jackfruit can supply the body a very good amount of this potent antioxidant. 2. Regulates blood sugar levels A high blood sugar level is one of the manifestations of a deficiency of the mineral manganese in the body, and jackfruit contains a very good amount of this essential nutrient. 3. Prevents bone loss The fruit’s rich magnesium content supports the work of calcium to build and strengthen bones. Study participants have shown that those who consume foods high in potassium and magnesium has higher bone density reading and stronger bones compared to those who didn’t.
4. Keeps thyroid healthy Copper plays an important role in thyroid metabolism especially in hormone production and absorption and jackfruit is packed with this essential micro mineral. 5. Helps regulate blood pressure levels One cup of jackfruit contains half of the potassium found in bananas. Potassium, which also helps prevent bone loss, is known for its role to lower blood pressure levels. 6. Supports bowel regularity Through its fiber content, the jackfruit would be a great help in relieving and preventing constipation. 7. Helps prevent night blindness Who would have thought that jackfruit can also be good for the eyes? It contains a quarter cup of the vitamin A in carrots, the food best known for its chockfull of vitamin A.
8. Lowers risk of heart disease Just like most fruits and vegetables, the jackfruit is also heart-friendly. This is due to its vitamin B6 content which may help reduce homocystein levels in the blood. 9. Aids in blood clotting It contains calcium, a mineral which is not only beneficial to bones, but also plays a role in blood clotting. 10. Helps prevent anemia Eating this exotic fruit can help add the iron supply in the body to prevent the common blood disorder, anemia
VIRGIN COCONUT 1. Thyroid-stimulating: Research shows that coconut contains a medium- chain fatty acids accelerate that stimulates metabolism, gives you more energy. 2. Get candida in check: Coconut has a good quantity of caprylic acid in it which is well known to kill off excess candida by targeting harmful bacteria. 3. Lowers cholesterol: It is rich in lauric acid which protects your heart by reducing total cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. 4. Helps with weight loss: Here is an interesting fact about coconut; even though it is a fat, it actually helps with weight loss! Read more here: Weight Loss With Coconut. The healthy medium chain fatty acids do not circulate in the bloodstream like other fats; they are sent directly to the liver and are converted into energy. Thus the body does not store the fat in coconut oil as fat; it uses it to produce energy instead.
5. Helps keep diabetes in check: It does not produce an insulin spike in your bloodstream. Instead it helps control blood sugar by improving the secretion of insulin. Note: This is not a free pass to eat a lot of sugar and other dumb curbs. 6. Reduces heart disease: studies on people in the Pacific Islands found that their total caloric intake included thirty to sixty percent from fully saturated coconut oil. These Pacific Islanders have nearly non-existent rates of cardiovascular disease. 7. Gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases: Combining Vitamin E supplements with coconut oil through the skin proved to be a good alternative for those with gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases. 8. Supports the immune system. It is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system.
9. Good for the skin: When applied externally it forms a protective antibacterial layer protecting the infected body part. Also, coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by helping to repair damaged tissue. 10. Nourishing for the brain: Studies show that it improves cognitive function, and stalls, or even reverses, neurodegenerative diseases in their early stages. 11. Ancient medicine: Coconut oil has been part of Ayurvedic medicine for 5,000 years in India. 12. Speeds Recovery: People in Panama drink a glass of coconut oil to protect themselves from illness as it is also believed to speed recovery from sickness
SILI Capsaicin is Good For Your Heart The same properties of capsaicin that stimulate your taste buds and cause a burning sensation may also stimulate your cardiovascular system in a positive way. Studies have shown that capsaicin can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and even prevent arteriolosclerosis. Capsaicin may even be able to prevent heart damage during a heart attack. University of Cincinnati researchers several years ago conducted tests on mice that suggested an over-the-counter capsaicin salve applied to the chest during a heart attack could significantly reduce or even prevent cell damage to the heart. However, there are caveats to the capsaicin and heart health angle. WebMD.com advises not taking capsaicin if you already have high blood pressure or are being treated for high blood pressure. Always consult a physician before beginning any treatment.
Capsaicin May Boost Weight Loss Many popular dietary supplements contain capsaicin. Research has shown that capsaicin temporarily boosts metabolism, which can promote weight loss. Other research suggests that capsaicin supplements reduce appetite. Before rushing out to your local health food store to stock up on capsaicin pills, bear in mind that research in this area is far from conclusive. Also, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not regulate capsaicin, and supplements may not yield the same results found by researchers.
Capsaicin Could One Day Provide Cure For Diabetes Many diabetics already use capsaicin for treatment of diabetic neuropathy, but medical research is uncovering other possible ways capsaicin could help treat diabetes. Canadian researchers who injected capsaicin into mice predisposed to develop Type 1 diabetes were able to prevent the onset of the disease. Obviously, a treatment that works on mice may not apply to humans, but research continues in the capsaicin vs. diabetes field, including ways capsaicin might help regulate blood sugar.
Capsaicin is Being Tested as Cancer Treatment Many studies of capsaicin’s potential health benefits are still in the trial stages, as researchers work to unlock the secrets of this miracle compound. But several studies in recent years suggest that capsaicin may help inhibit the growth of prostate, lung and leukemic cancer cells. As one study summarizes on the American Association for Cancer Research website, “This study shows that capsaicin inhibits the growth of prostate cancer cells … in mice without causing gross toxicity of the animals. These results suggest that capsaicin may have a role for the management of prostate cancer patients …”
SUGACANE SAP Sugarcane, being low on glycemic index, helps keep the body fit and healthy. Sugarcane juice has been found to be very beneficial for preventing as well as treating sore throat, cold and flu. Since sugarcane has no simple sugar, it can be enjoyed by diabetics without any fear. However, they intake should still be limited for people suffering from type-2 diabetes. Being alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps the body in fighting against cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer. Sugarcane provides glucose to the body, which is stored as glycogen and burned by the muscles, whenever they require energy. Therefore, it is considered to be one of the best sources of energy. If you have been exposed to heat and physical activity for too long, drink sugarcane juice. It will help hydrate the body quickly
Sugarcane is believed to strengthen stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain, and sex organs. Sugarcane juice is an excellent substitute for aerated drinks and cola. Sugarcane clears the urinary flow and also helps the kidney to perform its functions smoothly. Sugarcane juice has been found to be good for those who are suffering from febrile disorders. Febrile disorders are responsible for causing fevers, which can result in a great amount of protein loss from the body. Liberal consumption of sugar cane juice provides the necessary protein and other food elements to the body
Sugarcane is beneficial for micturation, caused due to high acidity, along with genorrhoea, enlarged prostate, cyctitis and nepthritis. Mixing sugarcane juice with lime juice, ginger juice and coconut water will give better results. Sugarcane juice is said to speed up the recovery process after jaundice. As sugarcane consists of carbohydrates, in good quantities, it serves to refresh and energize the body. It supplies instant energy to working muscles and for this reason, it is also known to maximize performance in sports and endurance. Sugarcane is also good for digestion, as it can effectively work as a mild laxative because of its high potassium content
NATURAL WHEATGRASS Increases red blood-cell count; cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract; simulates metabolism Stimulates your thyroid gland Reduces over-acidity in your blood and relieve peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal complaints Detoxifies your liver and blood and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants Its high chlorophyll content may help oxygenate your blood. Keeping a tray of live wheatgrass near your bed may also enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help improve your sleep May help reduce damaging effects of radiation, courtesy of the enzyme SOD—an anti-inflammatory compound.
COCONUT DIETARY FIBER Coconut fiber is rich in fat, it's higher in calories than most fruits. Keep this in mind when planning meals and snacks to meet your daily calorie goals. One cup of shredded coconut contains 283 calories, 12 carbohydrates and 26 grams of fat. It's rich in vitamins, including vitamin C and folate, as well as minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus and magnesium. In fact, one medium coconut contains more than 30 percent of the recommended daily intake of magnesium.
NATURAL OATS & RICE BRAN 1. Helps in digestive system The primary benefit of Oat Bran is that it helps in healing the digestive system. Because oat bran is rich in soluble fiber it is good for the gut and helps in proper movement and detoxification of the system. Good digestion is one of the most important factors for good health especially according to the alternative medicine system Ayurveda. They say that all ailments start from improper digestion. Oat bran hence becomes a perfect choice as your low cost source of high energy fiber in your diet. 2. Helps in arthritis Because oat bran is rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It helps in improving the overall condition in arthritis. It is a proven fact that people who suffer from arthritis get benefit from nutritional vitamins and mineral supplements. It is indeed one of the best remedy for people suffering from such ailments. 3. Oat bran benefits for gluten intolerant people Some people are intolerant to gluten. Because oat bran as a cereal does not contain gluten a type of sugar, it is harmless from people suffering from digestion related disorders.
4. Oat bran benefits for heart patients Oat bran surprisingly has many proven benefits for the heart. According to a study conducted at one of the doctors they found that oat bran helps in improving the lipid profile which in turn helps in reducing the bad cholesterol. It is now even advertised as a natural herb that helps in reducing any heart problems. 5. Oat bran benefit stay young Because oat bran is rich in antioxidants it helps you in staying young forever. Certainly, there are other factors apart from diet that can help you in keeping a good health but oat bran tops the list of food prescribed by alternative medicine professionals to their clients.
BLACK CHIA SEEDS 1. Chia is gluten free 2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues. 3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon! 4. It boasts 20% protein 5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids 6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries) 7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk 8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges 9. It contains three times more iron than spinach 10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana 11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails 12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics) 13. Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg
VEGGIE COCONUT SUGAR The Glycemic Index of coconut sugar was reported by the Philippine Coconut Authority to be 35 and by that measure it is classified as a low glycemic index food. However, in that study the glucose standard was fed as an aqueous solution, while the sugar was fed as sugar. Making the test food slower and more difficult to absorb and digest relative to the test solution will lower its GI value. It is considered to be healthier than refined white sugar and brownsugar (64It can be used as a 1:1 sugar substitute for coffee, tea, baking, and cooking. Coconut sugar has a high mineral content, being a rich source of potassium, magnesium, zinc, and iron. In addition to this it contains VitaminB1, B2, B3, and B6. When compared to brown sugar, coconut sugar has 18 times the potassium, 30 times the phosphorus and over 10 times the amount of zinc. The large amounts of K and P can explained by the way coconut sugar is tapped from the inflorescences of the tree. The coconut sap, from which coconut sugar is derived, contains 16 amino acids. The amino acid which has the highest content in coconut sap is Glutamine.