We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMohammed Phemister
Modified over 2 years ago
Totally Tropical Fruit Salad & Fruit Kebabs
Ingredients: ½ pineapple, ½ cantaloupe melon, ½ papaya,1 mango, 2 oranges, 1 lime, 1 banana, 1 x 15ml spoon of crystallized ginger, fresh or desiccated coconut, juice of a lemon
1. Squeeze the juice from an orange and a lime.
2. Pour the juice in a large bowl and add 1 x 15ml spoon of chopped crystallized ginger.
3. Cut a slice from each side of the mango.
4. Keep the mango firmly on the chopping board in a bridge hold, cut through the flesh in a criss-cross pattern trying not to cut through the skin.
5. Turn the slice of mango inside out.
6. Keep the mango on the chopping board and cut the cubes away from the skin, cutting away from yourself each time.
7. Spoon the seeds out of the half melon and throw away.
8. Press the melon baller into the flesh of the fruit and twist to cut out marble sized pieces.
9. Cut the top and bottom from the pineapple. You will need to use a large knife to do this, so you may need some help.
10. Stand the pineapple on its end and cut in half.
11. With the flat side down on the board, cut the half pineapple into quarters.
12. Stand the quarter upright and hold it with your hand like a claw. Cut down to remove the hard centre.
13. Cut the remaining flesh away from the skin, still holding it in a claw grip.
14. Slice each quarter into 3 strips, then turn the other way and cut across into chunks.
15. Cut the papaya in half.
16. Scrape out the seeds and throw away.
17. Using the melon baller, remove the flesh.
18. Cut a slice from the top of the orange and peel it.
19. Using the claw grip, cut the orange into 1cm slices.
20. Cut each slice into 6 wedge shaped pieces.
21. Peel the banana and cut into chunks.
22. Coat with the juice of a lemon to prevent the flesh turning brown.
23. The prepared fruit.
24. Add the fruit to the lemon juice, lime juice and crystallized ginger. Mix gently.
25. Turn the fruit salad into a pretty serving dish and sprinkle 3 x 15ml spoonfuls of coconut over the top. Serve chilled.
Fruit Kebabs These can be made from the fruit ‘left overs’ from the Caribbean fruit salad, with the addition of a kiwi fruit and some grapes.
1. Cut the rest of the melon into wedges. Hold the wedge on the board with a claw hold and cut along just inside the skin.
2. Cut the rest of the pineapple into chunks.
3. Cut the top and bottom from a kiwi fruit. Hold in a claw and cut off the hairy skin.
4. Cut the kiwi into 4 slices and cut each slice in half.
5. Peel and chop the papaya into chunks. Wash and dry some green and black seedless grapes.
6. Thread the pieces of fruit onto wooden skewers. Try to alternate contrasting coloured fruit.
Serious Caribbean Salsa. Make the salsa first: ½ red onion, finely diced, 1 tomato, finely chopped, 1/2 red pepper,1 chilli,1/2 mango, juice of 1 lime,
Crown copyright 2008 Fruit fusion Session: 1.
Meaty Burger with Caribbean Salsa. Make the salsa first: ½ red onion, finely diced, 1 tomato, finely chopped, 1/2 red pepper,1 chilli,1/2 mango, juice.
Very Veggie Kebabs. Make the yogurt dressing first: 75ml fresh coriander, parsley and basil (or other fresh herbs) 200ml crème fraiche or natural yogurt,
Dips and Dunkers. Basic ingredients for the dips: 50g natural yogurt or fromage frais, 50g cream cheese.
Springy Spring Rolls, Spicy Samosas & Wondrous Wraps.
Cool Coconut Rice ‘n’ Peas with Funky Plantain. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, a few drops of Tabasco (hot pepper sauce),
Hot Harira. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, (500g lamb cubes – optional), 1 x 5ml spoon ground turmeric, 1 x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 x 5ml.
Luscious Lentil & Tomato Soup. Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable.
Spicy Samosas. Ingredients for samosas: filo or samosa pastry, 1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 x 15ml spoons frozen peas, 1 x 5ml spoon turmeric, ½ x 5ml.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/lifeskills fruit salad.
Student’s Book. Unit 3 A Passive
© British Nutrition Foundation 2014 Let’s all get cooking!
Monstrous Meatballs with Ragu Sauce & Spaghetti. Ingredients for the Ragu Sauce: 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 carrot, 1 celery, 1 bay leaf 400g can tomatoes,
Creamy Carrot & Orange Soup. Ingredients:1 x 15ml spoon sunflower oil, 600 ml water, 1 x vegetable stock cube or 1 x 5ml spoon bouillon powder, 1 onion,1.
UCEP-Station Colony School Chittagong, Bangladesh. Under Privileged Children Educational Program.
Red and Green Coleslaw. Ingredients: Small piece of white cabbage (approx 50g), small piece of red cabbage, 1 carrot, 1 apple, handful of sultanas.
Top Potato Topped Pie. Ingredients for Cottage Pie: 2 sticks celery, 1 leek, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 25g frozen peas, 500g minced beef, 1 bay leaf, 1 x 5ml.
Ingredients: 2 scoops of vanilla ice- cream 2 bananas Chocolate sauce Equipment Chopping board Knife 1 ice cream scooper Bowl 1 spoon.
Healthy Fruit Salad. Ingredients Apples Bananas Strawberries Grapes.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.