Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

3er Foro Económico de Pesca y Acuacultura. La Acuacultura: un alterrnativa para la alimentación Mexico City, 25 – 26 November 2013 Dr Lahsen Ababouch Director,

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "3er Foro Económico de Pesca y Acuacultura. La Acuacultura: un alterrnativa para la alimentación Mexico City, 25 – 26 November 2013 Dr Lahsen Ababouch Director,"— Presentation transcript:

1 3er Foro Económico de Pesca y Acuacultura. La Acuacultura: un alterrnativa para la alimentación Mexico City, 25 – 26 November 2013 Dr Lahsen Ababouch Director, Policy and economics Division Fisheries and Aquaculture Department Food and Agriculture Organization Rome, Italy WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM? International trade in aquaculture products: opportunities and challenges

2 Fishery production and utilization Fish production (million tonnes live weight) Per capita fish supply (kg)

3 Export of fish and seafood: 1976 – 2012 (US $ billion) Source: GTIS ® (2012)

4 Net exports of developing countries Moderately exploited

5 Trade (value) Moderately exploited EXPORTS IMPORTS

6 Principaux pays importateurs et exportateurs en 2009, 2010 & 2011 Source: GTIS ® (2012)

7 Trade by groups of species (value) Moderately exploited

8 Trade flows: Latin America (%) Moderately exploited Share of imports (value) in percentage

9 World fish trade for human consumption Trend Million tonnes (live weight)

10 Exports of fish for human consumption (Q)

11 Imports of fish for human consumption (Q)

12 Fish prices: upward trend Traded products USD/tonne

13 Fishmeal and Fish oil USD/tonne Fish oil

14 DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY Office of the Commissioner State of Louisiana Office of the Commissioner State of Louisiana Fluoroquinolones in Seafood Consumer Safety

15 EU Rapid Alert System-by causes for Aquaculture CAUSE total (01-04) 46 total Chloramphenicol (43%) (76%) (71%) 13 48(35%) 8 26(57%) 0 chemicalnitrofurans malachite green total Vibrio (parahaemolyticus/cholerae) 46(92%) 36 (16/20) 57(56%) 38 (25/13) 58(23%) 37 (27/10) 29(28%) 15 (13/2) 87(64%) 26 (22/4) 19(41%) 2 (2/0) salmonella biologicalmesophiles listeria e.coli others total Labeling 4(8%) 4 0 1(1%) 1 1(1%) 0 2(1%) 2 1(2%) 0 temp.control % % 9 2% %

16 EU data 2009

17 “Corporate social responsibility” - Legality (IUU) - Sustainability - Certification - Eco-labelling - Tracability and chain of custody - Social and Environmental aspects

18 Private standard Buyers specifications Supplier specifications Legal quality requirements Legal food safety requirements Private Label B2C Private brand (B2B, B2C) Basic manufactured Generic commodity (fresh/frozen) Diagramatic representation of market access requirements

19 FAO Guidelines for Aquaculture Certification 1.Background 2.Scope 3.Terms and Definitions 4.Users 5.Application 6.Principles 7.Minimum Substantive Criteria 7.1 Animal Health and Welfare (OIE) 7.2 Food Safety 7.3 Environmental Integrity 7.4 Social Responsibility 8.Institutional and procedural requirements 8.1 Governance 8.2 Standards Setting 8.3 Accreditation 8.4 Certification 9.Implementation

20 Harmonization and equivalence Coming together  Less duplication of schemes with less confusion to the consumer  Cost reduction  Benchmarking to FAO Guidelines (similar to GFSI Benchmarking for Food Safety)?  A consumer facing logo, globally recognised

21 ! شكراً 谢谢 ! Thank you! Merci! Gracias! Спасибо! Lahseno.org


Download ppt "3er Foro Económico de Pesca y Acuacultura. La Acuacultura: un alterrnativa para la alimentación Mexico City, 25 – 26 November 2013 Dr Lahsen Ababouch Director,"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google