Presentation on theme: "Unit 15 Why do you do that? Lesson 17 Dialogue I.Revision Put the following into English. 1. 这双鞋是用手工做的，不是用机器做的。 2. 由于天气不好，飞机没有按时起飞。 The plane didn’t take."— Presentation transcript:
Unit 15 Why do you do that? Lesson 17 Dialogue I.Revision Put the following into English. 1. 这双鞋是用手工做的，不是用机器做的。 2. 由于天气不好，飞机没有按时起飞。 The plane didn’t take off on time because the weather was bad. This pair of shoes were made by hand, not by machine.
4. 一些人通过底价向农民买东西而高价 在城市里出售挣了很多钱。 3. 在你离开之前，保证关掉煤气。 Make sure you have turned off the gas before you leave. Some people have made a lot of money by buying things from farmers at a low price and selling them aty a high price.
1. The main idea of the dialogue is ______. A. Mick’s mother explained to him how cabbage seed was sown B. Mick asked his mother a lot of questions C. Mick and his mother were talking in the garden D. Mick and his mother were working in the garden II.Listening and reading comprehension:
2. Why did Mick’s mother grow cabbages ? In order to feed the family. 4. Why did she keep the box in the shade? 3. Why did she put some soil in the box? Because she wanted to sow the seed. In order to stop the sun from burning the little plants.
5. Why did she put the little plants in the earth? Because she wanted them to grow bigger. 6. Why did she water the plants? In order to stop them from getting too dry. 7. Why did she put some powder on the soil? To make them grow big and strong.
8. Rearrange the proper order of sowing cabbage seed. a. Put some soil in the box. b. Cover it with more soil. c. Sow the seed carefully d. Put the little plants in the earth. e. Keep the box in the shade. f. Water them g. Feed plants. h. Plant them in rows in the field. A.a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h, B. b,a,d,c,f,e,g,h C. a,c,b,e,d,f,h,g D. a,c,b,d,f,e,g,h
III. Practise reading the dialogue in groups. IV.Language points: 1.cover 铺盖，覆盖 ；走完（一段路程）； 占地（多少面积） She covered the table with a cloth. cover…with… / be covered with… The mountain is covered with snow all the year round.
The Red Army covered 2,5000 li on the Long March The city covered ten square miles. 2. I’ll keep the box in the shade so that the sun doesn’t burn the little plants. :I’ll …in order not to let the sun burn …. Get up early tomorrow so that you won’t miss the bus.
I worked hard so that I could catch up with the others. 3. in the earth / on the earth /on earth on earth: in the world; ever He is the greatest man on earth. Who on earth do you want to see? What on earth are you doing?
4. Then I’ll water them to stop the soil getting to dry. stop /prevent sb. (from) doing sth. The heavy rain didn’t stop us from arriving there in time. Nothing can prevent us carrying out our plan. keep sb. from doing sth./keep sb. doing sth. stop/prevent/keep sth. from being done
5.feed (fed, fed) 喂养；饲养 People in the south mainly live on rice. feed animals on / with sth. ---We feed our sheep on / with grass. ---Sheep feed mainly on grass. ---We feed grass ______ our sheep. feed on sth. live on sth.
He has grown into a young man of twenty. 6. grow (grew, grown) vi. 生长；成长 vt. 种植 The wheat is growing well. Rice grows mainly in the south. grow vegetables/flowers/wheat/rice link-verb 变得 grow + adj./ past par. It grew so hot that one could hardly sleep at night.
keep / raise animals As time goes on, we grow wiser. We have grown (=become/got) used to the way of life here.
V. Homework 1. Read the dialogue after class. 2. Do Ex.2 Ex.3 in Wb.