Presentation on theme: "Title: ASEAN-Japan Cooperation on"— Presentation transcript:
1Title: ASEAN-Japan Cooperation on Thirty Fourth APEC Transportation Working Group Meeting, Brisbane, Australia13-17 June 2011Title: ASEAN-Japan Cooperation onDevelopment of Technical Regulationand Establishment of a Type ApprovalSystem for VehicleName: Hiroshi MoritaOrganization: JASIC(Japan AutomobileStandards Internationalization Center)Economy: Japan
4ASEAN Economic Integration by 2015 1. ASEAN Harmonization ActivityASEANIndonesia , Malaysia , Philippines , Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos , VietnamASEAN Economic Integration by 2015Elimination of technical barriers to trade in Automotives sectorFree Trade -Fair Market -Single Market(As like one country)
51. ASEAN Harmonization Activity ACCSQ-APWGASEAN Leaders agreed to give a mandate to AEM to accelerate the integration of 11 priority sectors to achieve ASEAN Economic Integration(Wood based products, Automotives, Rubber based products, Textiles and apparels, Agro based products, Fisheries, Electronics, e-ASEAN, Healthcare, Air Travel, dan Tourism)Based on roadmap for ASEAN integration, ACCSQ Leaders agreed to establish new PWGs to accommodate the above mandate, in which one of them is PWG on Automotives (APWG).ASEAN Economic Minister Meeting( AEM)ASEAN Senior Economic Official Meeting (SEOM)ASEAN Consultative Committee on Standards and Quality (ACCSQ)ACCSQ StructureAPWGAutomotiveProduct WorkingGroupASEAN is going to adopt UN ECE Regulations in order to harmonize technical regulations for Automotives among ASEAN countriesat ACCSQ-APWG
61. ASEAN Harmonization Activity Latest Status for acceding 1958 Agreement in ASEAN CountriesCountry1958 AgreementRemarkThailandaccededMalaysiaIndonesiaPlan to accedePlan to Join at 2011?PhilippinesSingaporeUnder considerationVietnamPlan to Join at ?Brunei?MyanmarCambodiaLaosFor the moment, only two ASEAN countries had joined 1958 Agreement.
7ASEAN MRA 1. ASEAN Harmonization Activity < Objectives> ASEAN is discussing establishment of MRA under ACCSQ-APWGASEAN MUTUAL RECOGNITION ARRANGEMENT ON VEHICLE TYPE APPROVAL FOR AUTOMOTIVE< Objectives>To enhance cooperation amongst Member States in ensuring the safety and quality of automotive products marketed in ASEANTo create a single market and reduce restrictions to trade in automotive sector through the harmonization of technical and safety requirements for automotive products.< Scope >To facilitate mutual recognition of conformity assessment results of automotive products
81. ASEAN Harmonization Activity < Technical Regulations >To use them based on UNECE Regulations issued by the designated conformity assessment bodies.NOAUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTUNECE REGULATION1.Seat belt anchorageR142.Seat beltR163.Pneumatic tyre – passengerR304.Safety glassR435.Noise emissionR516.Pneumatic tyre - commercialR54<Discussing at ACCSQ-APWG>ASEAN Automotive CommitteeApplyCompetent AuthorityAACApproveTechnical Services
10Background 2. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation Project Proposal for Technical Assistance for the Automotive Sector under the ASEAN-Japan Cooperation was presented to Japan during the ACCSQ-METI (JAPAN) meeting held in August 2010.During the ACCSQ-METI Meeting, Japan presented a counter proposal for ASEAN on the automotive sector proposing that the activities should be carried out also as a part of activities by the Transport Ministers of ASEAN Member States and Japan last year.It was agreed that Japan would consolidate the proposals.note: "ASEAN-Japan Cooperative Program on Development of Technical Regulations and Establishment of a Type Approval System for Vehicle" was endorsed by the Transport Ministers of ASEAN Member States and Japan last November.
112. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation Japan proposalJapan proposed the revised project proposal: ACCSQ-APWG WS (one-day workshop on UNECE regulations, VTA and COP )for Technical Assistance for the Automotive Sector under the ASEAN-Japan Cooperation during the ACCSQ-APWG held in April 2011.It was agreed that ACCSQ-APWG WS to be held back-to-back with the ACCSQ-APWG special task force meeting in July 2011.Japan is preparing for the ACCSQ-APWG WS cooperating with ASEAN Secretariat.
122. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation Relation Map between ASEAN/ACCSQ-APWG and Japan
132. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation ACCSQ-APWG WorkshopOne day in July 2011DateJakarta, IndonesiaPlaceParticipantsASEAN countries and JapanPurposeTo give technical assistance for the understanding of member states on1958 and 1998 Agreements.Vehicle Type Approval (VTA).Conformity of Production (COP) requirements and obligations under the 1958 Agreement.TopicsHistory and contents of each version of ECE regulationsThe latest information on IWVTA activity
142. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation A topic in the Workshop (1)Example: History of ECE Regulation amendmentWP.29 minutesWP.29/885para 131Final Document WP.29/895Regulation No. ECE43-00Series00 Supplement.7Discussed in128th WP29ECE/TRANS/WP.29/343/Rev/19Page 215REGULATION No.43Adopted by AC.1DocumentreferenceE/ECE/324E/ECE/TRANS/505/Rev.1Date of entry into forceStatus ofDocumentSession (date)ReportTRANS/WP.29/…AdopteddocumentTRANS/WP.29/…Add 42/Rev.2Suppl.7to 00128885, para 131895131953, para 111970Add 42/Rev.2/Amend.1Suppl.8to 00…Changing the technical requirement (impression on design)Changing the certification markIncluding provisional revisionSeriesSupplementClarification of test procedures, not imposing new requirementsNot changing certification markCorrigendumA Corrigendum consists of corrections to previously issued textsDate of entry into force of adoption by the Administrative Committee AC.1
152. ASEAN-Japan Cooperation The informal group on IWVTA A topic in the Workshop (2)the latest information on IWVTA activity provided.The informal group on IWVTAObjectiveTo make a roadmap for establishing the common bases of IWVTA and revising the 1958 AgreementChairChairman: Chairman of WP29Co Vice-chairmen: EC and JapanSchedule17 June 2011 in ParisParticipationAny country can participate in the meetingexcerpt of the report of the last WP29 [ECE/TRANS/WP.29/1089]:The representative of France, chairing the informal group on IWVTA, … informed WP.29 about the intention of the group to identify the amendments necessary to the 1958 Agreement with possible solutions to be presented and endorsed by WP.29 at the November session.