Presentation on theme: "“Lost City: the Discovery of Machu Picchu” 1. The land was terraced. A.Developed B.Leveled C.divided."— Presentation transcript:
“Lost City: the Discovery of Machu Picchu”
1. The land was terraced. A.Developed B.Leveled C.divided
Terraced means leveled.
2. That was a glorious sound. A.Rhythmic B.Inspiring C.Magnificent
Glorious means magnificent.
3. Did you see the ruins. A.Jungle B.Mountains C.remains.
The ruins is what remains.
4. The granite feels cool. A.Wood B.Rock C.water
The rock is granite.
5.Curiosity will get you in trouble. A.Search for truth B.Desire to know C.Lack of knowledge
Curiosity is a desire to know things.
6. Her words came in a torrent. A.Swift flow B.Angry C.shrill
Her words came out in a torrent or swift flow.
7. They hid in the thicket. A.Cave B.Flowers C.Shrubs or bushes
A thicket is a bush or shrub.
8. Why did the author use the boy’s thoughts? A.To make the story more interesting and mysterious. B.To describe the ruins. C.To show the boy’s life.
To make the story more interesting.
9. What happened before the Quechua boy had the dream of the stranger? A.Bingham rode a mule to the river. B.Bingham arrived in Cusco to look for the lost city. C.Bingham talked to the people.
Bingham arrived at Cusco to look for the lost city.
10. How were Cusco and the first capital of the Inca alike? A.Filled with gold and silver. B.They were built long ago. C.They were flooded.
They were built long ago.
11.What can you conclude about the Inca based on the selection? A.They were from Spain. B.They used modern stuff. C.The once ruled South America.
The Inca once ruled South America.
12. Which generalization can be made from the selection? A.Hiram Bingham reached his goal. B.The Andes are home of a variety of cultures. C.The Incan cities were built to last.
The Incan cities were built to last.
13. The journey to Machu Picchu was ________. A.Boring B.Dangerous C.amusing
The journey to Machu Picchu was dangerous.
14. What is the MAIN idea of the selection? A.A local famer told Bingham about Machu Picchu. B.The Quechua boy led Bingham to the lost city. C.Bingham, was determined to find Inca ruins, found Machu Picchu.
The MAIN idea was Bingham was determined to find Incan ruins, found Machu Picchu.
15. Which is an opinion based on the selection? A.Bingham saw stone streets and cottages. B.The Quechua boy asked Bingham to follow him. C.Bingham discovered a place that was truly amazing.
Bingham discovered a truly amazing place.
16.Which event happened FIRST in the selection? A.Bingham took pictures of the Quechua boy. B.Bingham found Machu Picchu. C.A farmer told Bingham he knew about the ruins.
A farmer told Bingham about some ruins.
17. On Bingham’s way to Machu Picchu what did he see after he found the sun temple? A.An old street. B.A grand stone staircase. C.A log bridge.
Bingham saw a grand staircase.
18. Why might so few people knew of the ruins?
The ruins were hard to get to.
19.Why did the boy call the camera a “black box”?
He did not know what it was.
20. How was the author’s search for the ruins DIFFERENT than Bingham’s?
Bingham did not know where the ruins were, the author knew ho to get to Machu Picchu because of Bingham’s journey.