* Have fun! * Laugh! * Share success stories! * To increase understanding of the transition planning process – why are we doing this? * what to do about PSAT/SAT accommodations * Reinforce what you already know about the IEP/transition process * Opportunity to visit with colleagues
* Mandated – IDEA and PA Chapter 14 * Plan with the end in mind – don’t make it hard – tell the student’s story! * Starts during the IEP year a student turns 14 * The IEP team should be planning based on what the student wants to do after high school * Postsecondary Education * Employment * Independent Living * What skills does the student need to meet his/her goal?
* For students with a goal of attending any kind of postsecondary education/training * Include in Services/Activities in the Transition Plan
* Go to SCASD.org * Go to Sign In – sign in with your user ID and password * Go to Services * Go to Special Education * Go to For Teachers AND * Go to the high school * Go to Lydia Everhart * Go to For the Transition Teacher
* Students and families trust us to follow the mandates under IDEA/Chapter 14 to provide opportunities for learning skills needed after high school…… * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOgvzVOQig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOgvzVOQig
* Purpose – to gather information from the student and parents about the goal(s) for the student after graduation from high school * STUDENT focus – not parent * Student input – Present Levels – Postsecondary Transition * Parent input – Present Levels – Parent Input
* How do I enter these? * What do I enter? * What does the student need to learn/do/practice to meet his/her transition goal(s)? * Pretend this is YOUR child – what does your child need to meet his/her transition goal(s)?
* If it’s not in a section in Present Levels, do not put it another section of the IEP……. * Testing Accommodations * PSSAs and Keystones and Local Assessments * Transition Plan * Measurable Goals * SDI*** * Related Services * ESY
* Whose job is it to implement the transition plan and address transition goals for each of your students? * YOURS! * How many students between 13 and 21?? 390