Presentation on theme: "Take Home Quiz Directions: Please show work on the flipbook provided for you. Make sure you show all work to receive full credit. Put your final answer."— Presentation transcript:
Take Home Quiz Directions: Please show work on the flipbook provided for you. Make sure you show all work to receive full credit. Put your final answer inside a circle or a box. You may use your notes, textbooks, or the internet to help you. This assignment will be counted as 2 quiz grades.
HotelPriceNights Hilton Los Cabos$4523 ME Cabo$5275 Casa Dorada$6356 Rate x Time= Distance You Your sister Print this slide out and glue them on your foldable.
Questions # A Thanksgiving Break in Cabo San Lucas Name: _______________________________ Date: Nov. 28 Questions # Questions # Questions # Questions # 15 & Reflection
It’s Thanksgiving break. Your family has decided to go to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
HotelPriceNights Hilton Los Cabos$4523 ME Cabo$5275 Casa Dorada$ The amount of days you will be staying at Cabo San Lucas depends on the hotel rate. Listed below are the three hotels that have rooms during the Winter break. What hotel has the best deal?
2. Your plane landed in Cabo San Lucas. At the airport your dad went into a bank to exchange US dollars to Mexican pesos. For spending money, your dad exchange $500 US dollar. How much is this in Mexican pesos? Mexican Pesos = 1 US dollar
While waiting at the airport, you decided to work on your math take home test. You still can’t believe your classmates voted on a take home test. Lets see ….. first question …. click on the box below Questions
Math Take Home Test #1 3. Simplify: Follow the laws of exponents, when dividing expressions with the same base, subtract the exponents.
Remember to square both sides to get rid of the square root
Math Take Home Test #3 5. Find three consecutive integers such that the sum of the second and the third is 16 less than the first. Remember to set up a let statement. 1 st CI, 2 nd CI, & 3 rd CI.
Make sure to multiply by the LCD to get rid of the denominator.
Math Take Home Test #5 7.) Factor the trinomials. b.) x 2 – 11x + 24 b.) x 2 – 10x – 24c.) x x + 24
Math Take Home Test #6 8. Kayla angles her pool cue against the edge of her pool table, as shown below. What is the measure of
Math Take Home Test #7 9. The perimeter of a French door is 40 feet. If the length is four less than twice the width, what are the dimensions of the length and width of the French door?
10. A rental agency charges $35 per day for a car and $0.52 for each mile. You rented a car for three days, and the rental fee was $ How many miles did your family drive?
11. You and your sister have decided to go mountain biking one day. Your sister’s speed on the bike is 2 mph less than your speed. It took 3 hours to cover a total of 84 miles. Find the distance of each person? Rate x Time= Distance You Your sister
12. Your family went to dinner at Casa Rafael’s Fine Dining. Below is your family’s the dinner order. Casa Rafael's Fine Dining Stuffed Avocado two halves filled w/shrimp, scallops & $132 Pesos lobster blended w/herbs & spices w/a hint of cayenne pepper. Fresh seafood bisque with whole fresh clams $99 Pesos Rotelli rainbow pasta with shrimp & scallop pesto $275 Pesos Pasta with Bolognese and garlic bread $187 Pesos Cordon Blue with dill champagne sauce $231 Pesos Chicken Sonia $275 Pesos subtotal: ___________ tax: ____________ Total: ____________ How much did your family spend on dinner if there is a 10% sales tax? How much should your family leave as a tip for the waiter if you want to leave a 15% tip?
13. Mom wants to visit Santa Cruz. The distance between Cabo San Lucas to Santa Cruz is 4 inches on the map. What is the actual distance from Cabo San Lucas to Santa Cruz? Use the scale above. Scale ¼ in = 220 km
14. On the last day of your vacation, you decided to go shopping. You saw a cute cupcake plate and you immediately thought of your math teacher. So you decided to buy her the plate as a gift. The plate costs $28.50 pesos. The plate is on sale at 15% off the original price. The sales tax in Mexico is 6.5%. How much is the total cost of the cupcake plate with the discount and sales tax? (Last question)
15. When you got back from your vacation. You told your friends about the places that you have visited while in Mexico. Cancun Santa Cruz Cabo San Lucas Part A: Dilate LCS by a scale factor of. Graph the new image and label as L’C’S’. Part B: Then translate L’C’S’ 2 units to the left and 3 units up. Label the new image as L”C”S”. L’ ________ C’ ________ S’ ________ L” ________ C” ________ S” ________
Reflection Time What are you thankful for? What are your thoughts on the notebook and the foldables? How about the website? Shoulder partners? Glue sticks? Just kidding about the glue sticks. I don’t need to know your thoughts on that. LOL…. Did I get that right? Be Honest! I need feedback from you to make me a more excellent math coach!