Presentation on theme: "“Present Perfect Tense” By Mr. Abnel Chavez Present Perfect Tense Subject + have/has + verb (past part.) … A. For plural subjects use “have”. We have."— Presentation transcript:
“Present Perfect Tense” By Mr. Abnel Chavez
Present Perfect Tense Subject + have/has + verb (past part.) … A. For plural subjects use “have”. We have waited for about thirty minutes. The children have gone to the playground. Mark and John have written a letter. B. For singular subjects use “has”. She has already washed the fruits. The new student has introduced herself many times.
Time expressions and Adverbs of Frequency Time expressions used to give a meaning to the sentences: For, since, so far, up to date, up to now, already. Adverbs to express frequency: Always, usually, sometimes, hardly ever, never.
Practice I. Complete the chart with the correct past participle form of the verb. 1.Play 2.Read 3.Buy 4.Say 5.Get 6.Become 7.Speak 8.understand Check answers
Practice I. Complete the chart with the correct past participle form of the verb. Next 1.Playplayed 2.Readread 3.Buybought 4.Saysaid 5.Getgot / gotten 6.Becomebecome 7.Speakspoken 8.Understandunderstood
II. Complete the following sentences with the correct form of present tense. 1.They … hard for several weeks a. have studyhave study b. have studiedhave studied c. has studiedhas studied
2. I … a lot since the beginning of the year. a.have workenhave worken b.has workedhas worked c.have workedhave worked
3. Our teacher … always … us good reasons not to cheat. a.has… givenhas… given b.has … givedhas … gived c.has … gavehas … gave
5. The homeworks … hardly ever … complicated. a.have… beenhave… been b.has.. beenhas.. been c.have … beinghave … being
6. Mr. Brown … a new technology project. a.has makedhas maked b.has madehas made c.have madehave made
7. We... never …to bring the text book. a.has …forgothas …forgot b.have …forgottenhave …forgotten c.have forgothave forgot
III. Unscramble the sentences 1.has / the bell/ already / rung. 2.never / I / about/ Russia / have / thought/ going to. 3.has / for us/ my dad/ a tree house/ built. 4.driven / usually / has/ my mom/ me/ to school. Check Answers!
III. Unscramble the sentences 1.The bell has already rung. 2.I have never thought about going to Russia. 3.My dad has built a tree house for us. 4.My mom has usually driven me to school.