Presentation on theme: "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think."— Presentation transcript:
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt -
If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all.
- Anna Quindlen - You learn as much from those who have failed as from those who have succeeded.
- David McCullough - Success is counted sweetest by those who ne'er succeed.
- Emily Dickinson - I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
- G. K. Chesterton - Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
- Henry David Thoreau - When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -
To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.
- Theodore H. White - Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.
- John Quincy Adams - One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.
- Maya Angelou - With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity.
- Keshavan Nair - Moral cowardice that keeps us from speaking our minds is as dangerous to this country as irresponsible talk. The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character. - Margaret Chase Smith -
If you would live your life with ease; do what you ought, not what you please.
- Prentice - It is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that follow.
- Anonymous - Hell is the knowledge of opportunity lost; the place where the man I am comes face to face with the man I might have been.
- Anonymous - Let him that would move the world first move himself. - Socrates-