Presentation on theme: "Eye of the Storm By: Stephen Kramer 1. What did you shatter? A. jingle B. smash D. screech."— Presentation transcript:
Eye of the Storm By: Stephen Kramer
1. What did you shatter? A. jingle B. smash D. screech
The glass was smashed when it shattered.
2. James is not aware of the destruction. A. damage B. experiment C. mission
Destructions means damage.
3. The crowd will surge forward. A. creep B. stumble C. rush
Surge means rush.
4. What is the forecasts for the week? A. Guess the future B. Tell opinions C. Complain
The weather forecasts is a guess about the weather.
5. I want to move inland. A. Near the city. B. near the river C. Away from the coast
You move away from the coast inland.
6. She expected to arrive soon. A. hoped B. refused C. managed
Expected means hope.
7. Which is the main idea of the selection? A. Tucson has thunderstorms. B. Storms are caused by certain weather patterns. C. Warren Faidley lives in Arizona.
Storms are caused by certain weather patterns.
8.What months does Warren chase tornados? A. April, May, June B. October, November, December C. June, July, August
Warren chases tornados in April, May, and June.
9.What is the1st thing Warren does to photograph a hurricane A.Finds a safe place to hide. B. Looks at satellite photos and listens to weather forecasts. C.Flies to a city near the storm.
The 1 st thing Warren does before a hurricane is to look at satellite photos and listen to weather forecasts.
10. Which detail best supports the main idea that Hurricane Andrew was very destructive? A. A storm chaser measures wind speeds. B. Parts of boats and buildings went through the air. C. Car alarms went off.
Parts of boats and buildings went through the air.
11. Warren’s hurricane photos differ from other photos because hurricane photos ____. A. They are expensive. B. Show things being destroyed. C. Sold at his business.
Hurricanes show things being destroyed.
12. Which is a generalization of the selection? A. Tropical storms are in Africa. B. Hurricanes cause storm surge. C. It is dangerous to take photos of storms.
It is dangerous to take photos of storms.
13. Which is an opinion? A. The parking garage is the best place to stay during a hurricane. B. Winds from hurricanes knock down power lines. C. Hurricane winds carried loose materials to damage cars.
The parking garage is the best place to stay during a storm.
14.The storm chasers thought that Hurricane Andrew had changed direction because _______ A. People did their daily business. B. The photos were wrong. C. It took longer than expected to reach land.
It took longer than expected to reach land.
15. What causes the most damage during a hurricane? A. rain B. winds C. lightning
Winds cause most or the damage in a hurricane.
16.The author wrote this selection to _____________ A. Explain how to get ready for a hurricane. B. Tell how storms are photographed. C. Describe the work of meteorologists.
Tell how storms are photographed.
17. The MAIN purpose of the calendar of page 344 is __________. A. How many storms Warren photographs. B. When Warren travels. C. when Warren is able to photograph each type of storm.
When Warren is able to photograph each type of storm.
18. After Hurricane Andrew hit, Warren saw an open photo album. What conclusion did Warren make. Since the photo album was on the ground, the house had been destroyed in the storm.
19. Why were Warren’s camera bags filled with rolls of exposed film? They were all pictures of Hurricane Andrew.
20. Why was Warren very tired when he returned to his motel after filming Hurricane Andrew? He had been up all night waiting for Andrew and filming.