Presentation on theme: "Thursday, September 25, 2014 WEEK. Each fall, Red Ribbon Week is celebrated across America to promote the importance of a healthy, drug-free lifestyle."— Presentation transcript:
Each fall, Red Ribbon Week is celebrated across America to promote the importance of a healthy, drug-free lifestyle among our youth. The outstanding students selected as Red Ribbon leaders are individuals who exemplify the 6 pillars of Character promoted by the national Character Counts initiative and the Drug Education Council. These include the qualities of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
Please congratulate Foley High School's Red Ribbon Leader, senior Matthew Stinson. He will be quite busy making plans to increase awareness and will be especially busy the week of October 27th!
Homecoming 2014 is here! Time is running out! Get your Homecoming Tickets today! They are $13 and on sale in Mrs. Houston’s room 404, the AP Academy office, and during all lunch waves in the cafeteria. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR FOR THE DANCE. YOU MUST HAVE A TICKET TO ENTER THE DANCE.
The Homecoming Dance is a semi-formal event. Girls should wear party style dresses; guys khakis, dress shirts and ties/sweaters. Students should NOT wear shorts/jeans.
Homecoming Spirit Ribbons are still on sale for $2. See any Varsity Cheerleader to purchase yours today.
Homecoming Dress Down Days 2014 Friday is Spirit Day! Wear your Homecoming t-shirt or any Foley spirit shirt. Accessorize in lots of blue and gold bling!
Would you like to see pictures of students from around campus dressed up for homecoming dress down days? Go to Foley High School's new online newspaper, foley lions roar.com and click on the photos link. Each day we will publish photos of students dressed in their best costumes. While you're there, click on the other links to see what news items you missed. We'll see you at the Lion's Roar.
Any senior wanting to help decorate and ride on the senior float needs to contact Maddie Adkins, David Williams, or Brylee Watson for information ASAP!
Congratulations to the winners of the Sweet Potato Cook Off! 1 st Place-Heaven Ramos 2 nd Place—Erykah Rogers 3 rd Place—Cole Sahr Good luck to Heaven as she competes at the Baldwin County Fair today!
HELP DESK HOURS The Help Desk will be open from 7 am until 3:30 pm Monday through Friday with 2 exceptions. It will be closed for lunch from 1:50-2:15 (the first 25 minutes of 4th block) and it will close early (at 3:00) on Thursdays.
The Baldwin County Band Jamboree will be held on October 7 at 6 pm at the Spanish Fort High School Toro Field. The Mighty Band from Lion Land will be performing at 8 pm. Come out and support our band as they show our pride of Foley High!
Attention all Foley Theatre Company members: If you wish to participate in Drama Contest, you must see Ms. Andersen by Tuesday. No entries can be made after this date. See her to sign up for after school rehearsals ASAP!
Boys and Girls soccer will be holding their tryouts September 29-October 2. Anyone planning to participate in tryouts needs to have a current physical on file with the school and proof of health insurance. Please see Coach B or Coach Pfizenmayer for more details.
Isaiah Lewis has been nominated by al.com for Coastal Alabama Player of the Week. The link is under the High School Football section on al.com. We are encouraging the faculty and students to go and vote for Isaiah after his 45 carries and 314 yard rushing performance to seal our victory Friday over Davidson. Spread the word—and VOTE!
On October 2 there will be a meeting for AP Seniors and their parents in the cafeteria starting at 6 pm. Topics covered will be how to apply for college, give info on FAFSA, and many other college issues.
PSAT will be given here on campus Wednesday, October 15 at 8 am. Sophomores and juniors are encouraged to see Mrs. Lores to register. The cost is $15.
Seniors: There are MANY scholarships open right now! Here is a list that is available now and you can always check out the scholarship box by the 900 Hall conference room. 1. Alabama Municipal Electric Authority (AMEA- Riviera Utilities) is a $2500 scholarship. The deadline to apply is February 2, 2015. Applications are in the scholarship box or available at www.amea.com
2. The Smith Last Dollar Scholarship is up to $15,000 per year and is renewable for four years!!! The deadline to apply is January 15, 2015. You must apply at the website on the screen. Check out the scholarship box for more directions on how to apply online. (Put this on screen-- www.smithscholarships.com)
3. VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship- The 1st Place winner will receive a $30,000 scholarship. Deadline to enter is November 1, 2014. Visit www.vfw.org/VOD for more information. (Put the website on the screen when you edit.)
4. National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) Scholarship- The amounts vary and the deadline to apply is December 1. Visit the website located on the screen. Mr. Wilson can also answer any questions about this one. (Put this on the screen when you edit.http://www.nwtf.org/jakes/scholarshi p.html to apply. )http://www.nwtf.org/jakes/scholarshi p.html to apply. )
5. The J.L. Bedsole Foundation Scholars Program- Scholarship amounts vary between $1,000- $6,000 annually. The deadline to apply is November 28, 2014. Visit www.jlbedsolefoundation.org to apply. You can pick up more information from the scholarship box. (Put the website on the screen when you edit)
6. Prudential Spirit of Community Award is a $1,000 scholarship. It is awarded based on community service. The deadline to apply is November 4, 2014. Visit www.nassp.org/spirit or http://spirit.prudential.com to apply.http://spirit.prudential.com to apply. More information is available in the scholarship box. (Put the websites on the screen when you edit)
7. Wendy’s High School Heisman-the amount of the award varies- the deadline to apply is October 3, 2014. Visit www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com to apply. More information is available in the scholarship box. (Put website on the screen when you edit)