5. What needs to Golems frequently act from? They act from a need for revenge.
6. How are Wolverine & Punisher described differently from Batman? Wolverine and Punisher are described as berserkers whose rage causes them to kill almost indiscriminately. Batman does not rage in the same way.
7. What is usually used to change a Golem’s nature? An artificial component or something as simple as a disguise.
8. What is the risk of being protected by a Golem? A Golem is liable to do harm to those he is supposed to protect.
9. What are Golems the expression of? The Golem is an expression of rage.
10. Of what is the Golem a byproduct? The Golem is a byproduct of insecurity and wounded pride.
11. Why was Robin introduced into the Batman comic? Robin was introduced as a character to whom young readers could relate.
12. What year did the cheesy Batman TV show come out? 1966.
13. As what kind of a “god” does Frank Miller describe Batman? Frank Miler describes Batman as a god of vengeance.
14. What epidemic was sweeping through cities during the rise of the Dark Knight Comic? A crack cocaine epidemic was sweeping through cities and gun crime was on the rise.
15. Daredevil is considered a hybrid of which two characters? Daredevil is considered a hybrid of Batman and Spider-Man.
16. What event changes Matt Murdock into a Golem figure? Nuclear waste blinds Matt Murdock and his father is killed by gangsters. This takes him on the path to becoming Daredevil.
17. What story of Daredevil helped legitimize the industry during the 80’s? The storyline “Born Again”. Murdock’s former secretary sells his identity to Kingpin in exchange for a cocaine fix.
18. Both characters deal with deaths of their parents – how do Batman & Daredevil do it differently? Batman constantly wants revenge, but Daredevil struggles against those feelings by trying to be compassionate.