Presentation on theme: "Kaitlyn cross. * How they first curled hair How they first curled hair * Cost and time Cost and time * The modern way of curling hair The modern way of."— Presentation transcript:
* How they first curled hair How they first curled hair * Cost and time Cost and time * The modern way of curling hair The modern way of curling hair * Shapes and designs Shapes and designs * About Solomon Harper About Solomon Harper * About Solomon Harper #2 About Solomon Harper #2
* He will put paste on hair and wrap around heated wires * He would also wrap hair around heated cylinders and let cool * Put paste in hair and let paste dry
* With the heat it can cost thousands of dollars and take 12 hours * With no heat it cost very few dollars and takes only 2 hours
* Materials * ceramic, metal, or titanium * Barrel size *.5-2 inches in diameter is the regular size
Shapes Shapes- cylinder, cone, and reverse cone Design Design-comes in various designs and colors
* Solomon Harper was the inventor of the curling iron. * He invented it in 1930 * He was an African-American electrical engineer and inventor
* Solomon Harper was born in 1749 and died in 1815. * He had a child named Solomon Jr. and a wife named Mary.
Solomon Harper invented the curler in 1930, and unlike many other inventers his invention worked the first time he tried it.
* (2008)”Hair 1990’s.”World book.2008. * (2008)”Curlers." World book.2008. * “Types of Hair Irons”Wikipedia.27 April,2013.Wikimedia Foundation. May 9, 2013. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hair _iron http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hair _iron