Presentation on theme: "A CHRISTMAS CAROL FINAL REVIEW by Duygu Akınal. TRUE or FALSE Each group will answer the questions one by one. If they can answer the question correctly,"— Presentation transcript:
TRUE or FALSE Each group will answer the questions one by one. If they can answer the question correctly, they can keep the point or give it to other groups. If they give an incorrect answer, other groups can decide to keep or not to keep the point.
TRUE OR FALSE 1.Marley wasn’t dead at the beginning of the story. F 100
2. Scrooge was a cold, greedy, mean and old man. T -500
3. Scrooge’s nephew thinks Christmas is a time to be generous and kind. T -700
4. When the two gentlemen came to ask for help, Scrooge was volunteered to give money for poor people. F -600
5. Workhouses were bad places to live at that time. T 1000
6. Marley visited Scrooge’s house as a ghost because he wanted to warn his friend. T 800
7. The chain of Marley symbolized the important things in his life. F *-1
8. The first ghost which haunted Scrooge’s house was The Ghost of Christmas Future. F 500
9. The Ghost of Christmas Past never gets old. T SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR MONEY
10. The little boy sitting alone in the class is Marley. F -800
11. Fezziwig didn’t invite Scrooge to his Christmas Party. F 700
12. Money was more important to the young Scrooge than Belle. T 600
13. Belle married to another man and she had children. T 900
14. The Ghost of Christmas Present took him to Bob’s house. T 300
15. Bob’s family was upset on Christmas Day because they were poor. F SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR MONEY
16. Tiny Tim can walk without the help of his crutches and his father. F -750
17. “Let them die. There are too many people in the world.” are actually Scrooge’s words. T 450
9. He had white hair like an old man, but he looked like a child. THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST
VOCABULARY The fastest group with the correct answer will get 300 points.
VOCABULARY 1.The ghosts make Scrooge ________ his words and actions. a.ashamed of b. angry about c.proud of
2. Scrooge learns how to _________ Christmas. a.ignore b. work at c. celebrate
3. The main character is a very old, wealthy, __________ man. a. generous b. cheerful c. mean
4. The ghosts __________ Scrooge’s house and wanted to change him. a. warned b. haunted c. behaved
5. The ghosts in the sky wore _______ like Marley’s Ghost. a. chains b. robes c. wrinkles
6. Tiny Tim is a ___________ child. a. blind b. greedy c.disabled
PUT THE EVENTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER The groups will try to finish ordering the events. The first group with the correct answers will get 1000 points. Groups will check each other’s answers.
PUT THE EVENTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER _a. Scrooge overhears a conversation about a man’s death. _b. Scrooge visits his former workplace at Christmas and sees his former boss, Fezziwig. _c. We learn that Scrooge hates Christmas when he refuses the invitation to Fred’s party. _d. Scrooge visits his old school and sees himself as a child. _e. Scrooge learns that Tiny Tim will die. _f. Scrooge learns that he is the dead man and that he died alone. _g. Jacob Marley visits Scrooge and warns him to change. _h. Scrooge Scrooge visits his clerk, Bob’s house on Christmas Day. _i. We learn that Jacob Marley is dead.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.