Presentation on theme: "Signs of the Second Coming of Christ Prophecies Made By Our Lord Jesus Christ Theme Text: Matthew Chapter 24 C. 2000 Battle-cry Ministry Milky White Way."— Presentation transcript:
Signs of the Second Coming of Christ Prophecies Made By Our Lord Jesus Christ Theme Text: Matthew Chapter 24 C Battle-cry Ministry Milky White Way
Jesus’ Disciples Asks Him a Question Matthew 24:3 “..what shall be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus’ second coming will usher in THE END OF THE WORLD”
We Must Study Jesus’ Words and Keep Our Hope Constant The Lord himself has told us what to look for as the signs of His coming - they are recorded in the bible for us. We must study them diligently and look out for them; the key is to be prepared to meet & go home with Him at all times. It is all about a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 2:15
1. There Will be Many False Christ’s (v. 5) v. 4: “Take heed that no man deceive you, v. 5: “For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.”
2. Wars and Rumors of Wars v. 6 v. 6: “And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.” v. 7: “For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” WW 1: WW 2: Vietnam War:
3. There Shall be Famines (v. 7) v. 7: “…and there shall be famines…” Many have starved to death in Ethiopia, and other countries as a result of famines….
4. “…and there shall be …pestilences…” (v. 7) In recent years and throughout history, many have died because of plagues - in fulfillment of this prophecy... Example: The BUBONIC PLAGUE
5. “…and earthquakes…” (v. 7) v. 7: “…and earthquakes, in divers places.” There has been many, many earthquakes all over the globe. The three signs appear together in the same verse - they sometimes occur together or are related.
6. Those who Follow Jesus Will be Persecuted (verse 9) v. 9: “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you: and you shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” 2 Tim. 3:12: “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” PERSECUTION Poor Wayfaring Stranger
7. False Prophets (v. 11) v. 11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” Example: Nostradamus John the Baptist was a prophet - the forerunner of Jesus Christ.
8. The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold (verses 12, 13) v. 12: “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” v. 13: “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”
9. This Gospel of the Kingdom (v. 14) v. 14: “And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations; and then shall the end come.” Revelation 14: The Three Angels’ Messages
10. Jerusalem Will be Destroyed (verses ). Jesus predicted that the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed… and it was! verses 1 & 2: “…and His disciples came unto Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them … verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be cast down.” Jerusalem was destroyed in A.D. 70
11. Great Tribulation (verses 21, 22). “For then shall be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.” Early Writings, p.71
12. False Christs and Prophets / Impersonation of Christ (verses ). 23. “Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Satan will impersonate Jesus’ second coming!
Verses “Behold I have told you before. 26. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
13. Dark Day; Stars Fell (v. 29) v. 29: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heaven shall be shaken, …” The Falling Stars: Nov. 13, 1833
The Dark Day - May 19, 1780
14. Jesus Will Come: (verses ) v. 30 : “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
15. As the Days of Noe Were (verses ) 37. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark. As Noah built the ark“life went on as usual”.
Verse 39: “And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” Verse 42: “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” Verse 44: “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”