Presentation on theme: "Welcome to today’s service… "Whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (James 4:4)."— Presentation transcript:
Welcome to today’s service… "Whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (James 4:4).
"This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it – the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and mighty things you do not know." – Jer. 33:2-3
1. Hymn 18 - Yoruba Dariji emi omo Re Baba Mo wa jewo ese mi fun O, Dariji emi omo Re Baba, Nipa ahon mo ti se si O o, Nipa irin mo ti se si O o, Nipa esin mo ti se si O o, Nipa Iwa mo ti se si O o, Mo wa jewo ese mi fun O, Dariji emi omo Re Baba, Dariji emi omo Re Baba. Amin.
2. Hymn 6 - English 1.Let us give thanks to the Lord Jehovah the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth Who guideth us till this day. 2.He made the seven heavens And even the seven earths The sun and even the Moon That illuminate us round. 3.He all creatures sustaineth Even the birds of the air Sowing not, harvesting not Also with beasts of the field. 4.Join us all to praise the Lord Whose glory is eternal King of ever-shining light King of our victory. 5.Jehovah Holy Holy Holy Behold us with favor thine And be our protector in This holy congregation. 6.Jesus Christ the redeemer Bind us with thy salvation That we might be free from sin Sake of thy blood that floweth.
2. Hymn 6 – English (Cont’d) 7.Holy Michael our captain Defender of all the saints Lift thy sword in our defense Evil spirit to conquer 8.Glory to Father on high Glory to His equal son Glory to the Holy Ghost Trinity everlasting. Amen.
Three members’ prayers… "You shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).
3. Hymn 41 - English 1.Holy Spirit the Comforter Descend into our midst Thou are the King of blessing We are expecting thee. 2.For thou art the Almighty King Great King and benefactor Oh King of spirit descend now We are expecting thee. 3.King of mercy descend now Look on us with mercy We thy children look unto thee Open thy door of mercy. 4.Oh Holy King, benefactor Father send us blessings For thou art the Almighty Who blesses His children. 5.King of mercy, O King of life Kindle thy light for us Thou art the King full of light We are expecting thee. 6.O Holy King, O King of light Descend and bless us now For thou art King of mercy We are expecting thee. Amen.
Silent Prayer Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. -- Mark 11:24
4. Hymn 537 – Yoruba 1.Ma foya ni apa Jesu, Ko si ohun eru kan, Ina ti njo ko le sun mo o, Ogun esu ti di wiwo mole. 2.Mo ro mo agbelebu Re Mo ka ohun gbogbo sasan Ma beru ire okan mi, Ayo nbe ninu eje Jesu.
4. Hymn 537 – Yoruba (Cont’d) 3.Emi ko ni ju o sile, Jesu Olugbala mi, Ninu Re ni iye mi wa, Ire ni Olugbala mi. 4.Ijo Mimo bu si ayo, Oko iyawo wa pelu Re, Ayo ni tire si ma yo, Ade iye na yio je tire. Amin.
1 st Bible Lesson Ruth 1: 1 - 18 You shall be blessed above all peoples; there shall not be a male or female barren among you or among your livestock. – Deuteronomy. 7:14
1 st Lesson – Ruth 1: 1 - 18 Elimelech's Family Goes to Moab Naomi and Ruth Return from Moab 1 Now it came to pass, in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehem, Judah, went to dwell in the country of Moab, he and his wife and his two sons. 2 The name of the man was Elimelech, the name of his wife was Naomi, and the names of his two sons were Mahlon and Chilion--Ephrathites of Bethlehem, Judah. And they went to the country of Moab and remained there. 3 Then Elimelech, Naomi's husband, died; and she was left, and her two sons. 4 Now they took wives of the women of Moab: the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth. And they dwelt there about ten years. 5 Then both Mahlon and Chilion also died; so the woman survived her two sons and her husband.
1 st Lesson – Ruth 1: 1 - 18 Naomi Returns with Ruth 6 Then she arose with her daughters-in-law that she might return from the country of Moab, for she had heard in the country of Moab that the LORD had visited His people by giving them bread. 7 Therefore she went out from the place where she was, and her two daughters-in-law with her; and they went on the way to return to the land of Judah. 8 And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, "Go, return each to her mother's house. The LORD deal kindly with you, as you have dealt with the dead and with me. 9 The LORD grant that you may find rest, each in the house of her husband." So she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept. 10 And they said to her, "Surely we will return with you to your people." 11 But Naomi said, "Turn back, my daughters; why will you go with me? Are there still sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
1 st Lesson – Ruth 1: 1 - 18 12 Turn back, my daughters, go--for I am too old to have a husband. If I should say I have hope, if I should have a husband tonight and should also bear sons, 13 would you wait for them till they were grown? Would you restrain yourselves from having husbands? No, my daughters; for it grieves me very much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD has gone out against me!" 14 Then they lifted up their voices and wept again; and Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth clung to her. 15 And she said, "Look, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods; return after your sister-in-law."
1 st Lesson – Ruth 1: 1 - 18 16 But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. 17 Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The LORD do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me." 18 When she saw that she was determined to go with her, she stopped speaking to her.
5. Hymn 580 – Yoruba 1.Nigbati fere Oluwa yio dun, Ti ise ki o si mo, A o pe ohun alaye ‘gun merin wa, Lati fi ise won han, Ni’waju Olugbala wa, Nigabti fere yio dun, Emi o wa nibe crNigbati, fere yio dun lohun, Nigbati, fere yio dun lohun, Nigbati, fere yio dun lohun, Nigabti fere yio dun, Emi o wa nibe 2.Awa yio ma korin, Lat owuro titi dale, Awa yio ma f’Ogo fun Olorun, Olugbala yio ma pe, Gbogbo wa ni omo rere, crNigabti fere yio dun, Emi o wa nibe, etc. 3.Awa olurapada yio ‘fo, T’aro ki yio mu wa, Lati pade ‘Lugbala Jesu Kristi, Awa yio wa ni abe ‘Ye Olorun titi aiye, Alleluyah ni orin wa yio ma je, crNigabti fere yio dun, Emi o wa nibe, etc. Amin.
2 nd Bible Lesson James 4: 1 - 17 Friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. – James 4:4
2 nd Lesson – James 4:1-17 Pride Promotes Strife Dangers of Pride, Judging, and Presumption 1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"? 6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
2 nd Lesson – James 4:1-17 Humility Cures Worldliness 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. Do Not Judge a Brother 11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?
2 nd Lesson – James 4:1-17 Do Not Boast About Tomorrow 13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
6. Hymn 80 - English 1.Let the world be full of joy, Let the world be full of joy, The joy of our Lord Jesus Christ The world be full of joy The joy, the joy, the joy of Jesus Christ The joy, the joy, the joy of Jesus Christ. 2.Let the world bow down Let the world bow down It’s the crown Jesus provided That we might see the crown The crown, the crown, the crown of glorious Lord. The crown, the crown, the crown of glorious Lord
6. Hymn 80 – English (Cont’d) 1.Worship ye steadfastly Worship ye steadfastly It’s worship that will save us all Worship ye steadfastly Worship, worship, this earthly worshipping, Worship, worship, this earthly Worshipping will save us all. Amen.
The Sermon… For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations. -- Psalms 100:5
The Great Genealogy
Collection… Please remember… All collections are taken ONCE, followed by tithes and Chairmanship!
Thanks Offering… Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. – Psalms 100:4
7. Hymn 28 - English 1.Halleluyah, our joy cometh Angels from heaven descend Purposely to give us blessing That our joy may be eternal. 2.We that are looking unto God Let us never be discouraged We shall all share in the blessing By the grace of our God on high. Amen.