Presentation on theme: "And now for the answers…... 1. What is the Latin word for ‘chicken’? a.ovus b.chicus c.pullus d.eggus."— Presentation transcript:
and now for the answers…..
1. What is the Latin word for ‘chicken’? a.ovus b.chicus c.pullus d.eggus
2. If I asked for ‘brechdan a chaws’ in Welsh, what would I get? a.sandwich with cheese b.chips and beans c.chewy bread d.bananas and chips
3. What does this Spanish proverb mean? ‘Más vale pájaro en mano que ciento volando.’ a.a stitch in time saves nine b.birds of a feather flock together c.a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush d.it’s a small world
4. How do you say the number ‘one’ in Turkish? a.Iki b.Bir c.Üç d.Dört
5. How do you say ‘cold’ in Scottish Gaelic? a.chan b.againn c.fuar d.orm
6. How do Italians express the idiom ‘to hear a pin drop’? a.Sentire volare una mosca b.Non fare male a una mosca c.Saltare la mosca al naso d.Una mosca bianca
7. What does ‘Hoe laat is dit’ mean in Afrikaans? a.How is the weather? b.Am I late? c.What is the time? d.Do you like my tie?
8. What is the Japanese word for ‘bird’? a.Tori b.Yagi c.Tora d.Uma
9. Which of the Hogwarts houses was changed to ‘Poufsouffle’ in the French translation of the Harry Potter books? a.Gryffindor b.Hufflepuff c.Ravenclaw d.Slytherin
10. What is the Māori name for the stomach? a.Toto b.Puku c.Niho d.Upoko