Presentation on theme: "Vocabulary Building (List 1). 1. Tremendous (adjective) to describe something wonderful -E.g. Liverpool FC is a tremendous football club with a rich history."— Presentation transcript:
Vocabulary Building (List 1)
1. Tremendous (adjective) to describe something wonderful -E.g. Liverpool FC is a tremendous football club with a rich history. -E.g. 3N3 is a tremendous class with diligent students.
2. Collapse (verb) to fall down E.g. Suddenly, I heard a loud ‘Bang!’ and Tim collapsed onto the ground.
3. Thoroughly (adverb) in careful detail E.g. The policeman searched my bag thoroughly. E.g. I checked my homework assignment thoroughly.
4. Retrieve (verb) To get back E.g. I tried to retrieve my books from the cupboard. E.g. The man ordered his dog to retrieve the bone.
5. Glimpse (noun) A quick look E.g. Not wanting to attract her attention, he took a glimpse of her face.
6. Weird (adjective) Strange E.g. This man is weird; he keeps smiling at me. E.g. This is a weird- looking dog.
7. Mediocre (adjective) average (negative implication) E.g.Manchester United is a mediocre football club. E.g. His grades in school are mediocre.
8. Perception (noun) View E.g. He has this perception that all the teachers do not like him.
9. Veterinarian (noun) An animal doctor E.g. I had to take my cat to the veterinarian as it was unwell.