Project On Lesson No.1 GROOMING OF A BOY (CLASS 9 TH ) This Chapter Is Based on a letter written by Abraham Lincoln to his Son’s teacher..
Contents 1) SUMMARY 2) QUESTION ANSWERS 3) MATCH THE MEANINGS 4) FILL IN BLANKS.
Summary This chapter is an extract from a letter. The letter was written by Abraham Lincoln to his son’s teacher. In this letter, Lincoln wants the teacher to instill some special qualities in his son. He list those qualities in this letter. He wants the teacher to teach his son how to behave in different situations. He wants his son to respectful to others. Lincoln wants that his son should grow into a wise, intelligent, brave and patient person. He wants that his son should be able to decide his own path instead of following the crowd.
pMjwbI ivc swr ies lyK ivc auh p`qr id`qw igAw hY jo Abrwhm ilkMn ny Awpxy pu`qr dy AiDAwpk nUM iliKAw sI [ ies p`qr ivc ilkMn auhnW kuJ g`lW dw aulyK krdw hY jo auh cwhuMdw hY ik AiDAwpk ausdy p`uqr nUM isKwvy [
1. lVky nUM ieh is`KwieAw jwvy ik sB lok inAWpUrn nhIN huMdy Aqy sB lok s`cy nhIN huMdy [ pr ieh g`l vI s`c hY ik hr duSmx ivAkqI bdly iek s`jx purK vI huMdw hY, iek suAwrQI rwjnyqw dy bdly iek smripq nyqw vI huMdw hY, Aqy iek duSmx dy bdly iek dosq vI huMdw hY [ The boy should be taught that all men are not just, and all men are not true. But it is also true that for every scoundrel, there is a hero. For every selfish politician, there is a dedicated leader. For every enemy, there is a friend.
2. ausnUM ieh is~Kxw cwhIdw hY ik imhnq nwl kmwey gey iek fwlr dI kImq auhnW pMj fwlrW qoN ikqy ijAwdw huMdI hY jo AYNvy hI iml gey hox [ He should learn that a dollar earned is far more value than five found. 3. ausnUM AwpxI hwr Aqy ij`qW dovW nUM hI iek snmwnpUrn FMg nwl is~K lYxw cwhIdw hY [ He should learn to take his defeat as well as victory in an honourable fashion. 4. aus nUM eIrKw qoN dUr rihxw cwhIdw hY [ He should keep away from envy.
5. ausnUM komlqwpUrvk h`sx dw rh`s is`Kxw cwhIdw hY [ He should learn the secret of soft laughter. 6. ausnUM is`Kxw cwhIdw hY ik DONKybwj lokW nUM hrwnw sB qoN Aswn huMdw hY [ He should learn that the bullies are the easiest to defeat. 7. aus nUM pusqkW dy AdBu`q sMswr dy bwry ivc jwnxw cwhIdw hY prMqU ausnUM kudrq dIAW suMdrqwvW Aqy rh`sW dy bwry ivc socx dw smW k`Fxw cwhIdw hY [ He should learn about the wonderful world of books, but he should also find time to think about the beauties and mysteries of nature.
8. ausnUM ieh is`Kxw cwhIdw hY ik DoKy dyx dI bjwey hwrnw ikqy ijAwdw snmwnpUrn huMdw hY[ He should learn that it is far more honourable to fail than to cheat. 9. ausnUM Awpxy ivcwrW ivc ivSvwS r`Kxw cwhIdw hY [ BwvyN hr koeI ieh kih irhw hovy ik ausdy ivcwr glq hn [ He should have faith in his own ideas, even if everyone tells him they are wrong. 10. ausnUM nrm lokW nwl nrm Aqy kTor lokW nwl kTor bxnw cwhIdw hY [ He should learn to be gentle with the gentle, and tough with the tough.
11. ausnUM BIV Aqy sPlqw dy iG`sy rsqy qy nhIN clxw cwhIdw [ aus ivc Awpxw rsqw Awp insicq krn dI SkqI hoxI cwhIdI hY [ He should not follow the crowd or the beaten path of success. He should have the strength to decide his own path. 12. ausnUM sB lokW dI g`l suxnw is`Kxw cwhIdw hY, pr aus ivc cMgy Aqy bury lokW ivc AMqr jwnx dI Xogqw hoxI cwhIdI hY [ ausnUM isrP auh g`l svIkwr krnI cwhIdI hY ijhVI ik cMgI hovy [ He should listen to all men, but should be able to sift the good from the bad. He should accept only what is good.
13. ausnUM audwsI ivc h`sxw is`Kxw cwhIdw hY [ He should learn to laugh even when he is sad. 14. ausnUM ieh vI is`Kxw cwhIdw hY ik iemwndwrI dy hMJUAW ivc Srm vwlI koeI g`l nhIN huMdI hY [ He should learn that there is no shame in honest tears. 15. ausnUM n`k cVy ivAkqIAW dI iK`lI aufwxI is`KxI cwhIdI hY [ ausnUM Aijhy lokW qoN b`c ky rihxw cwhIdw hY jo bhuq hI ijAwdw im`Tw bolx vwly hox[ He should learn to scoff at and to beware of those who speak too sweetly.
16. ausnUM ieh g`l vI is`KxI cwhIdI hY ik auh Awpxy srIr Aqy mn dI koeI vI kImq vsUl kr skdw hY prMqU ausnUM Awpxy idl Aqy Awqmw nUM kdy vycxw nhIN cwhIdw [ He should learn that the he could charge the highest price for his body and mind, but he should never sell his heart and soul. 17. ausnUM Sor mcwauNdI hoeI BIV v`l koeI iDAwn nhIN dyxw cwhIdw [ jykr auh ieh smJdw hovy ik auh TIk rsqy qy hY qW ausnUM ft ky KVHy rihxw cwhIdw hY Aqy vIrqwpUrvk lVnw cwhIdw hY [ He should not listen to the howling mob. If he thinks he is right, he should stand firmly and fight bravely.
18. ausnUM Awpxy au`pr hmySW bhuq au`cw ivSvwS r`Kxw cwhIdw hY ikaNik isrP qd hI auh mwnvqw ivc a`ucw ivSvwS r`K skdw hY [ He should always have sublime faith in himself, because only then he can have sublime faith in mankind. 19. aus ivc ADIr bxy rihx dw swhs Aqy vIr bxy rihx dw Dirj vI hoxw cwhIdw hY [ He should have the courage to be impatient and patience to be brave.
AMq ivc ilMkn kihMdw hY ik auh ausdy pu`qr nwl komlqw nwl ivhwr kry pr auh ausnUM jrUrq qoN ijAwdw Awpxy gly nw lgwey [ auh kihMdw hY ik isrP A`g ivc gujrn dy bwAd hI ik Awpxy pu`qr nUM auh ijhw bxwauxw cwhuMdw hY, AiDAwpk leI ausnUM aus qrHW dw bxwauxw iek bhuq hI v`fw Aqy muSkl kMm hY [ prMqU auh AiDAwpk nUM pRwrQnw krdw hY ik auh ies sMbMD ivc jo vI kr skdw hovy kry [ At the end, Lincoln tells the teacher that he should treat his son gently but he shouldn’t cuddle him. He says that only the test of fire makes fine steel. Lincoln calls his son ‘a fine little fellow’. Lincoln knows that it is a big task for the teacher to make his son what he wants him to be. But he requests the teacher to do what he can in this respect.
1)Q:- All men are not just and true. Why is the author still hopeful.? Ans:- The author is hopeful because for every bad person there is a good one also. 2)Q:- what should lincoln’s son be steered away from? Ans:- He should steered away from envy.
3)Q:-What should one never sell? Ans:- One should never sell one’s heart and soul. 4) Q:- why does lincoln want his son not to be cuddled.? Ans:-According to lincoln, ones become tough only by passing trough the difficulties of life. So that is why he does’t want his son to be cuddled.
5)Q:- How can one gain sublime faith in mankind? Ans:- It can be done by having sublime faith in oneself also. 6)Q:- What should one ponder about? Ans:-About the mystery of all the objects of nature.
7)Q:-After listening to all the men what should one do? Ans:- One should accept only that which is good and true. 8)Q:- what should one beware of? Ans:- one should beware of the flatterers.
9)Q:- list the qualities which make a good human being.? Ans:- The following qualities make one a good human being:- honesty, courage, truthfulness, faith in oneself and faith in goodness of mankind. 10)Q:- Make a list of the qualities you have in yourself? Ans:- My motto of life is- Do Good, find Good. So I never think ill of others. I hate cruelty and dishonesty in any form.
Meanings Of The Words Selfish:- One who is interested in self only. Dedicated:- One who perform his duty with devotion. Scoundrel:- one who show no moral conscience. Honourable: One who is respected by all. Impatient:- One who has no patience. Cynic:- One who believes that everyone is bad. Just:- one who is reasonable and fair.
Fill In the Blanks 1. Here is the book that you had asked………. 2. The emperor ruled…………a vast empire. 3. The clock is lying…………the table. 4. Act according……………my instructions 5. Don’t loiter…………the street.. 6. He should have the courage to be…………… and…………to be brave.. 7. He should have the………… to decide his own path.. 8. He should learn that a dollar………… is far more value than five found.. 9. He should learn to take his defeat as well as victory in an………… fashion.. 10. He should learn that the bullies are the……………… to defeat.
Answers 1. Here is the book that you had asked for. 2. The emperor ruled over a vast empire. 3. The clock is lying on the table. 4. Act according to my instructions 5. Don’t loiter in the street.. 6. He should have the courage to be impatient and patience to be brave.. 7. He should have the strength to decide his own path.. 8. He should learn that a dollar earned is far more value than five found.. 9. He should learn to take his defeat as well as victory in an honorable fashion.. 10. He should learn that the bullies are the easiest to defeat.
Bibliography WWW.image.google.com WWW.image.google.com Text book of 9 th class English Reader and vocabulary
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.