2. Powerful Purpose Am I pursuing a goal that is worth suffering for?
3. Heroic Humility In times of crisis we think that we need bold and daring decisions from our leaders, but we don’t. We need humility. Malcolm Gladwell
+ Influence - - Humility +
3. Heroic Humility A man who is all wrapped up in himself makes a very small package. Martin Luther King Jr.
3. Heroic Humility Celebrity is inversely correlated with leadership success. Jim Collins, Good to Great
+ Influence - - Pride +
3. Heroic Humility Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the truly great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain
4. Dangerous Deviance Heretics, troublemakers and change agents aren’t merely thorns in our side, they are the keys to our success. Seth Godin
Excellence is a form of deviance. The way to achieve and maintain excellence is to deviate from the norm. You become excellent because you are doing things that normal people do not want to do. Robert Quinn, Deep Change
Deviance will always generate external pressures to conform. If you perform beyond the norms, the systems will adjust and try to make you normal. Robert Quinn, Deep Change
Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein
+ Influence - - Deviance +
+ Love - - Hate +
+ Love - - Hate +
4. Dangerous Deviance Am I enforcing the status quo or fighting it?
5. Immortality The dead take to their grave, clutched in their hands, only what they have given away. DeWitt Wallace
+ Immortality - - Generosity +
+ Immortality - - Greed +
Great ambition and conquest, without contribution, are without significance. What will your contribution be? How will history remember you?
Those who are willing to die are the ones that live forever. Suffering + Purpose + Humility + Deviance = Immortality