Presentation on theme: "SPIRITUAL WARFARE 3. KNOW YOUR ENEMY! (cont.) SATAN IS NOT OMNIPRESENT, HE CANNOT FUNCTION WITHOUT HIS ARMY OF FALLEN ANGELS (DEMONIC SPIRITS)."— Presentation transcript:
SPIRITUAL WARFARE 3
KNOW YOUR ENEMY! (cont.) SATAN IS NOT OMNIPRESENT, HE CANNOT FUNCTION WITHOUT HIS ARMY OF FALLEN ANGELS (DEMONIC SPIRITS).
FACTS ABOUT DEMONS: 1) Spirits without bodies: Eph 6:12 NIV 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 2) They are numerous: Mark 5:8,9 NIV 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you evil spirit!” 9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” “My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.”
3) They are organised: Revelation 9:11 (NIV) 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon 4) They have supernatural powers: Rev 16:14 NIV 14 They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.
5) They are knowledgeable of God: Matt 8:29 NIV 29“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” 6) They are allowed to roam the earth and torment unbelievers: Matt 12:45 NIV 43 “When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself….And the final condition of that man is worse than the first.
7) They can inflict sickness: Matt 9:32,33 NIV 32 While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. 33 And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.” 8) They can possess or control animals: Mark 5:13 NIV 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.
9) They can possess or control humans: Luke 8:1,2 NIV The Twelve were with him, 2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom SEVEN DEMONS HAD COME OUT; Luke 13:10,11 NIV 10 On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, 11 and a woman was there who had been CRIPPLED BY A SPIRIT for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all.
11) They teach false doctrine: 1 Tim 4:1 NIV 1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 12) They oppose God's people: Eph 6:12 NIV 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13) They can sometimes manifest mental disorders: Mark 5:2,3 NIV 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no-one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones. NOTE: YOU CANNOT CATCH A DEMON LIKE 'FLU! A DOORWAY MUST BE OPENED TO THEM.
SOME OF THE WORKS OF SATAN: Deut 18: NIV 10 Let no-one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practises divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord, ALSO Gross violence, perversions, evil, false religions, cults, addictions, satanism, pornography, continual lying.
Divination: Def. To foretell the future or discover the unknown by OCCULT means. a) Horoscopes (HORRORSCOPES) ‑ Stars and planets. b) Tarot Cards. c) Reading tea leaves. d) Palmistry ‑ reading lines on the hands. e) Crystal Gazing. f) Ouija Boards. g) Swinging Pendulum. h) Water Dowsing.
FINALLY: DON’T FORGET LUKE 10:18-20 AND COLOSSIANS 2:13-15 FINALLY: DON’T FORGET LUKE 10:18-20 AND COLOSSIANS 2:13-15 Casting of Spells: GREEK - Casting of Spells = charmer All forms of charms, superstitions and charming are detestable to God!
NEXT TIME WE WILL LOOK AT: Our authority in christ NEXT TIME WE WILL LOOK AT: Our authority in christ