Presentation on theme: "1. Of the following senses, which accounts for the majority of sensory receptors in the body? A.Hearing B.Olfaction C.Vision D.Gustation."— Presentation transcript:
1. Of the following senses, which accounts for the majority of sensory receptors in the body? A.Hearing B.Olfaction C.Vision D.Gustation
2. Which of the following terms is a synonym for eyelids? A.Commissures B.Palpebrae C.Caruncles D.Tarsal plates
A.palpebrae B.commissures/canthi C.iris D.pupil E.sclera F.lacrimal caruncle 9. Name 2 things that protect the eye, and explain how or from what. 10. What is the function of the sclera? 11.What is the function of the pupil
20.What is the redness of this eye called? common name and medical term
21.Pinkeye is an infection of the _______ of the eye. A.conjunctiva B.lacrimal apparatus C.cornea D.palpebrae
24. Watching a sad movie can sometimes trigger an increase in lacrimal secretions, or _______. A.saliva B.tears C.sweat D.sebum
A.lacrimal canaliculi B.lacrimal ducts C.lacrimal gland D.lacrimal puncta E.lacrimal sac F.nasolacrimal duct 31.What is the importance of tears? 32.What important enzyme is in tears, and what does it do? 33.Why does your nose often run when you cry? 34.Why do your eyes often water when you are sick?
A.medial rectus B.lateral rectus C.superior rectus D.inferior rectus E.superior oblique F.inferior oblique G.optic nerve H.trochlea CRANIAL NERVES I.oculomotor J.abducens K.trochlear 43. Why are these muscles called extrinsic? 44. What does the lateral rectus muscle do to the eyeball? 45. To what does each muscle attach? Put 2 letters beside each muscle – the name, and what nerve controls it.
46. In order to turn the eye straight down, the actions of the _______ muscle(s) is (are) required. A.superior rectus and superior oblique B.inferior rectus C.inferior rectus and lateral rectus D.inferior rectus and superior oblique
47. What is this condition?
48. What are two things that can cause diplopia or double vision?
49. What is the scientific and common name of this condition? 50. What are 3 ways of treating this condition?
51.The cornea is actually part of the ______ layer of the eye. A.fibrous B.vascular C.sensory D.scleral
A.sphincter pupillae B.dilator pupillae C.dilation D.constriction A.sympathetic response B.parasympathetic response C.near vision D.far vision E.bright light F.dim light G.positive feelings H.negative feelings Beside #54 and #55, put at least two letters from the other column describing when this occurs.
fibrous tunic A.sclera B.cornea vascular tunic C.choroid D.ciliary body E.iris F.ciliary zonules G.lens neural tunic H.retina I.ora serrata J.macula lutea K.fovea centralis L.optic disc M. optic nerve central artery central vein N.aqueous humor O. vitreous humor 71. What does the cornea have a lot of? 72. What does the cornea have none of? 73. What is the significance of the above 2 questions? indentation in middle
74. What is this condition? 75. What is a common cause of this condition?
rods cones 78. What does each photoreceptor detect? 79. How many types of cones are there? 80. How do we see different colors? 81. Where are the different photoreceptors located?
82. For what condition is this used to test?
83. The ________ layer of the eye is responsible for vision. A.fibrous B.vascular C.sensory D.choroid
84. Focusing an object on the _______ provides the highest visual acuity. A.rods B.blind spot C.fovea centralis D.choroid
85. Glaucoma is a disorder in which: A.the canal of Schlemm becomes blocked. B.intraocular pressure increases above 16 mm Hg. C.the retina is compressed and its blood supply is blocked. D.all of the above occur.
86. What condition is represented on this page? 87. What causes this condition? 88. How is this condition tested for?
89. What condition is shown on this page? 90. How is it treated?
91. The formation of rainbows reflects the fact that: A.during rain showers, an abundance of electromagnetic energy is available. B.visible light consists of multiple wavelengths of light. C.light travels in a linear fashion. D.Xrays become visible by reflecting off of raindrops.
97. What is created by this overlap in the field of view?
98. What condition is represented in the left hand diagram? 99. How is it tested for?
A.lens accomodation B.convergence C.emmetropia D.hyperopia E.myopia F.convex lens G.concave lens 100. How are near and farsighted vision corrected? 101. What is happening on this page?
107.Sympathetic fibers innervating the iris of the eye cause which response? A.Constriction B.Dilation C.Papillary decrease D.Rapid blinking
108.Sympathetic innervation is more predominant during __________. A.distant vision B.close vision C.accommodation of the lenses D.myopic vision
109.People with blue eyes produce ______ pigment, which is deposited in the iris. A.blue B.blue-green C.zero D.lesser amounts of brown
A.wavelengths B.photons C.visible spectrum D.reflection E.refraction 109. What is represented by the above picture? 110. What word means bending light? 111. What term means light bouncing off an object? 112. What term describes the frequency of light and gives colors? 113. What term refers to the particles that compose light?
focal point inverted image sympathetic parasympathetic