Presentation on theme: "ENLIGHTEN MAGAZINE Front Cover Process.. Original Image I took the original image of Joely, and cropped it so that it was a perfect mid-shot of her. I."— Presentation transcript:
ENLIGHTEN MAGAZINE Front Cover Process.
Original Image I took the original image of Joely, and cropped it so that it was a perfect mid-shot of her. I then changed the page size to roughly A4 dimensions, and fitted the image to this size. Now my image is ready to work on, for the front cover of Enlighten Magazine.
Masthead and Tagline I then added the magazine’s title and tagline onto the front cover image, changing the size and font of both typefaces. The colours I used for the text was taken from different parts of the image, by using the ink dropper tool.
Main Artists Name To advertise the main article/ the front cover artist, Joely Curran, I decided to use two banners/ diagonal rectangle, which have the main artists name and our award for her on them. The colours both came from the main cover image, taken by using the ink dropper tool. On the left hand side, I feel as if something should be put there, as there is a large gap to that side.
Scroll and Other Featured Artists I added a scroll to the bottom of my magazine front cover in a blue colour, the same colour that is used for the masthead. I then added text, a list of other artists that are to be mentioned and interviewed in the magazine itself. I changed the colour of this text to a dark brown, in order to make it more eye catching. I then changed the plus signs to a dark blue, to enhance the colour. All of the other colours are taken from the main image, using the ink dropper tool.
Other Big Artist Interview I used a call out of “exclusive interview”, making the exclusive part in a larger font size to make it bolder, so that it stood out more; I also decided to make the text darker because it contrasts with the green background. I then added a rectangle shape, which slightly overlaps this text. I then added text over the top, making the band name stand out. All of the colours were taken from areas on the main image, using the ink dropper tool.
Image and (Second) Article / “WIN”
“GIGS GALORE” AND IMAGE I decided to add a picture to go along with this call out, because it made the article stand out. I made sure that the image related to the call out, and the inside contents of that articles. I used the stroke effect to outline both the text and photograph, as this will help to make it stand out. Both the blue colour, and pale yellow, were taken from other colours from the original photo, using the ink dropper tool. “WIN; CONCERT TICKETS” I wanted to use different colours behind the text in order to make it stand out from the background. One of the colours (the lighter blue) was from the original image and the other colour (the darker blue) was taken from the colour wheel. I chose a brighter blue to make the text more eye-catching to the viewer. I used the stroke effect to make the “WIN” a bolder, better call out, and I used black because it’s simple but effective at highlighting a piece of text.
Third Call-Out I then added another article to my front cover. I decided to use the actual YouTube logo, as I felt that this would attract more attention to the front cover. I picked two colours, as I tried using all of the text in just green but it wasn’t bold enough. The green colour came from the main image and the black colour came from the YouTube logo. I put the “2014” in italics, as I thought it looked better in the space, and add variety to the text, making the cover less boring and monotonous.
Additional Refining These are additional pieces of information that I added to the cover; a quote from main artist, Joely Curran, a guitar pick (with a British flag as it relates to the fact she is a “Brit Award Winner”) a and coffee cup stain in the top corner of the page to add to the raw/ unique-ness. The colours were taken from the main image using ink dropper, aside from the dark blue colour from British flag. The coffee cup stain was added using the stamp tool. I previously looked up many different versions of this stamp, but decided on this one. I changed the colour to a different shade of brown than other text/ shapes on the front cover.
Barcode and Magazine Info. I google image searched for a bar code, so it is sourced from online. I made sure to that the bar code was an appropriate size; I didn’t want it to be too big, otherwise it would draw too much attention to it. The colours of the information next to the barcode was taken from the main front cover image, and is used for several other pieces of text/ shapes on the front cover, in order to make the cover and its’ colour flow well.