Jihlava is situated on the river Jihlava, from which it was taken its name. The river Jihlava is a border line between Bohemia and Moravia. Jihlava is an old town with a wide history. It was founded in 13 th century and some time later it became the royal town. In the Middle Ages there were rich silver mines. A lot of old houses were ruined and many new houses and housing estates were built. Before and during the Second World War there were lots of Germans. First housing estate was built in 1950. Nowadays Jihlava is the centre management, economy and culture. It is possible to visit The Museum of Highlands, The Regional Highland Gallery, and the catacombs. Jihlava also has a theatre called Horácké divadlo. At present has about 50 000 inhabitants.
Hotel of Gustav Mahler Interesting places in Jihlava The plague column The border stone The fountain of Neptun
Holy Mother´s Gate The water fountain The town hall Church of St. Ignatius
The post office and savings bank Walking zone Side street The banking-house University
The theatre colled Horácké divadlo The Gallery of Highlands Holy Cross Church The Museum of Highlands