Presentation on theme: "Hungrid A Possible Distributed Computing Platform for Hungarian Fusion Research Szabolcs Hernáth MTA KFKI RMKI EFDA RP Workshop."— Presentation transcript:
Hungrid A Possible Distributed Computing Platform for Hungarian Fusion Research Szabolcs Hernáth MTA KFKI RMKI EFDA RP Workshop 23rd June, 2008
1. EGEE (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE) EU’s top grid project: partners from 45 countries - 41k CPU, 5 PB storage, 100k jobs, thousands of users What it provides: - middleware: gLite - organizational framework - deployment mechanism - monitoring - accounting - policy coordination - authentication framework - admin / user support
2. Virtual Organizations (VOs) Basic groups of collaborating grid users What they provide: - user management - authorization - resource coordination - development / deployment of software - user support EGEE: 113 VOs, min users Local technical support and user network is essential!
3. Hungrid - Basics Generic Hungarian national EGEE VO Started July, 2005: RMKI – SZTAKI collaboration –Goal: opening the grid for non-HEP research –Limited resources (50 CPUs, 4 TB data storage, base services) –Testing phase, few users What it provides today: –Participants: BMGE, ELTE, NIIFI, RMKI, SZTAKI –All services operate –Substantial resources –Authentication / Authorization services –User support
4. Hungrid - Stats More than 60 users Resources: BMGEELTENIIFIRMKISZTAKI CPU N/A Storage150 GB7 TB2,5 TB10 TBN/A OtherEGEE, PRHungrid portal CAHungrid core services WEB (CA) P-GRADE portal, user support, training
5. Hungrid - Plans Co-located grid centers –Shared user management –Local user support New Services –Accounting –Software deployment coordination –Authorization Roles Dissemination: –Training –User support –Deployment support, admin support –PR
6. Hungrid - Summary Hungrid within EGEE is the only: –official –Hungarian –All-purpose VO Hungrid can provide substantial local user support, know-how and context for Hungarian fusion computing, preparing the development for official Fusion VO Support grid.kfki.hu/hungrid