We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAlexzander Frizzell
Modified about 1 year ago
Environmental Chemistry Lab Lab Tools Eng. Haneen Nabil AL-Sbaihi Environmental Engineering Department Islamic University of Gaza, Palestine
1. Beaker - For hold solid or liquid will not release gases when reacted.
2. Conical Flask 1. Not accurate liquid-measuring container. 2. For hold solid or liquid may be release gases when reacted.
3. Volumetric flasks 1. to measure precise volumes of liquid 2. to make precise dilutions.
4. Graduated cylinder for measurement of an amount or volumes of liquid. The volume of liquid can be estimated to the nearest 0.1 mL with practice.
5. Graduated pipette or pipette 1. measures solution volumes 2. used to transfer measured substances into another vessel
6. pipette - used to transfer measured substances into another vessel
7. dropper - Used for addition of liquids, drop by drop
8. test tubes - Used for holding small samples or for containing small-scale reactions
9. test-tube holder - Used for holding test tubes when tubes should not be touched
10. funnel - Used to transfer solids and liquids without spilling
11. burette - used for measures volume of solution in titration process
12. ring stand (with rings or clamps) - Used for holding pieces of glassware in place.
13. wash bottles -Used for dispensing small quantities of distilled water.
14. crucible - used to heat a small amount of a solid substance at a very high temperature
15. Balance -Used for measures mass of material
16. Thermometer - Used for measures temperature
17. wire gauze on a ring - - Used for supports beakers to be heated by Bunsen burners
18. watch glasses - Used for holding small samples or for covering beakers or evaporating dishes.
19. Spatulas - Used For dispense solution from their containers
20. Glass Stir Rod - Used for stir solutions
Science equipment and meaning. By Kate Harrison Myp 2.
Lab Equipment. Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter if stirred or heated.
Lab Equipment Chemistry Notes. Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids. Beakers can be used to heat nonvolatile liquids and solids. Beakers are NOT to be.
EQUIPMENT ID 1.Bunsen burner – heat source 2.ring stand – support for various equipment 3.pipestem triangle – supports a crucible when heating 4.evaporating.
Lab Equipment. Ringstand: 1A Flat base used to support objects.
Lab Equipment. Beaker: 1B Reaction vessel: wide opening allows for stirring.
Lab Equipment. ThermometersThermometers A thermometer is a device that measures temperature.
Lab Equipment Mrs. Cromwell-Olson Southwest School.
Chemistry Equipment. Personal Safety Equipment- to protect eyes and clothing from chemicals Apron & goggles Used for protection against chemicals or heat.
Unit 1: Chemistry Basics 1.5 Lab equipment. Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted Or will not splatter if stirred.
Lab Equipment and Procedures!!!!. Erlenmeyer Flask The Erlenmeyer flask is the most common flask in the chemistry lab. It is used to contain reactions.
Common Chemistry Lab Equipment The Tools of Science.
Lesson 5 Lab equipment. Starter What is this and what do you think its used for?
Lab Equipment *These are the pieces of equipment you may see in class. You will be expected to know the names of the items and the actual use for each*
Beaker Uses: –Storing and mixing liquids –May be heated –DO NOT give accurate measurements Beaker.
Introduction to the Science Laboratory Introduction to Science apparatus Lab Safety The Science Laboratory.
Slide 1 Laboratory Equipment. Slide 2 Goggles and Apron Used to protect your eyes and clothing from damage. These are a must in lab!!
Lab Equipment. Gloves Safety First Fume Hood Beakers Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter.
Lab Equipment. Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter if stirred or heated. Erlenmeyer.
Lab Equipment. Beaker Used to hold and heat liquids.
Lab Equipment Subtitle. Beakers and Graduated Cylinders Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter.
LABORATORY EQUIPMENT AND THEIR FUNCTIONS. Goggles Most important piece of lab equipment ) Most important piece of lab equipment ) Protects eyes from broken.
Lab Equipment. BEAKER Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter if stirred or heated.
Materials to use in the Lab By Crystal Schmit. Crucible Tongs These tongs are used to pick up and hold a very hot crucible to prevent from burning yourself.
The Chemistry Lab. Erlenmeyer Flask Function: Used for the mixing of chemicals. Big base leads to stability. Narrow neck prevents splashs. Not a precise.
Lab Glassware Chemistry Ms. Gomez. Beaker Beakers are used for stirring, mixing, or heating liquids. Beakers are graduated (have marks on the side to.
Lab Equipment. Balance Used to mass objects
LABORATORY and SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND THEIR FUNCTIONS.
Chemistry Equipment Review. Balance Beaker.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE LAB. BEAKER BALANCE – ELECTRONIC.
Lab Equipments. Test Tubes 13 x 100 mm test tubes 10 x 75 mm test tubes Ignition tube Used for chemicals to mix or reaction.
Rap song (nclark.net)song. Goggles Use: –Protect eyes during lab experiments –Must be worn if any chemicals or glassware are used.
Lab Equipment Visuals, Spellings, and Uses The Right tool for the job!
Slide 1 Laboratory Equipment. Slide 2 Chemistry Lab Drawer Equipment.
Glassware Identification. Beaker General purpose glassware Used to mix solutions, transport chemicals Heat chemicals at relatively low temperatures.
Lab Equipment. Erlenmeyer Flask Erlenmeyer flasks hold solids or liquids that may release gases during a reaction or that are likely to splatter if stirred.
Lab Equipment. Beaker Beakers are the most versatile glassware in the lab and can be used for just about anything. The volume graduations on beakers should.
LABORATORY EQUIPMENT Chemistry: Mrs. Phillips. Glassware.
Common Chemistry Lab Equipment. Chemistry Lab Drawer Well Plate Well Plate Used for “small scale” reactions, where you are only using drops of solutions.
Lab Equipment. ThermometersThermometers Beaker Beakers hold solids or liquids that will not release gases when reacted or are unlikely to splatter if.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.