Presentation on theme: "A. Both lose electrons B. Both gain electrons C"— Presentation transcript:
11. What happens when two materials are charged by rubbing against each other? A. Both lose electrons B. Both gain electrons C. One gains electrons and one loses electrons D. There is not transfer of electrons.
22. Which materials are good insulators? Copper and goldWood and glassSilver and aluminumPlastic and copper
33. Which of these statements is false? All matter is made up of atoms.Atoms are made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons.Atoms contain chemical bonds.Atoms are the smallest particles of elements.
44. If you add an electrical device to a series circuit, what will happen? Other electrical devices will absorb more energy.The amount of heat in the system will increase.Other electrical devices on the circuit will receive less energy.The system will develop a short circuit.
55. Which pair of objects will have the greatest force of gravity between them? one with a mass of 50 kg and one with a mass of 100 kg that are 1 km apart.one that weighs 50 N. and one that weighs 52 N in the same room.Two objects of 30 kg mass that are 1 km apart.Two objects with 30 kg mass that are 2 km apart.
66. Which of the following could lead to a scientific investigation? How does acid rain affect plant growth?Which breed of dogs produces the cutest puppies?How can an organism produce happier offspring?Does chocolate taste better than peanut butter?
77. Which two forces operate to keep a moon in orbit around a planet? Inertia and gravityInertia and frictionFriction and gravityDistance and gravity
88. You want to build a device that can conduct current but that will be safe if touched by a person. Which of the following pairs of materials could you use?Glass for the conductor and rubber for the insulator.Copper for the insulator and silver for the conductor.Sand for the conductor and plastic for the insulator.Plastic for the insulator and silver for the conductor.
99. Which of the following does NOT help to eliminate bias in scientific investigations? Including controls in experiments.Using large samples of data when possibleConducting independent studies of the same questions.Disregarding data that do not support hypothesis.
1010. Which of the following is true of parallel circuits but NOT of series circuits? They provide more than one path for the flow of current.They may use batteries as an energy source.They may include more than one load.They may use switches to control the flow of current.