Presentation on theme: "Thank you for coming to our nursery training! Your service and dedication to this ministry is greatly appreciated!"— Presentation transcript:
Thank you for coming to our nursery training! Your service and dedication to this ministry is greatly appreciated!
* Must be 12 or older * Fill out commitment card * If over 18, complete background check * Now must be completed online * If yours needs to be updated, you will receive an e-mail from Sandra * Must attend nursery training (you are here, so you qualify) * Have a love of children and sharing God’s word with them
1. Service options 2. Commitment level 3. Update phone numbers or other information 4. Age preference (ex. if you do not feel comfortable around newborns – I will try my best to honor)
2 - 3 year old rooms 8:1 1-2 year old rooms 6:1 Infant rooms 3:1
Reminders calls will be made the week before. All weekly workers will be posted on the board by the nursery desk. Check-In Check-Out Every week volunteers will be listed on a slide to be shown at the beginning of each service.
8:30 am service – Be in the room by 8:20 9:50 – Find your room by 9:40 am 10:45 am service – Find your room by 10:35 am Arriving early allows previous worker to get to their next location on time (courtesy) If you are unable to work on your scheduled date, it is your responsibility to find a replacement. If you miss more than two Sundays and do not find a replacement, I will take you off of the rotation.
Khaki (staff) Green (volunteer) Put in laundry basket up by nursery desk when finished
Receiving children Members and regular attendees will have a check in sheet: Check in children at their assigned class. Pass their children through the security windows. Pagers Visitors will check in at the nursery desk and the child will wear a purple nametag.
Pick-up Time Members/Regular attenders will hand you a check out sheet for each of their children Visitors should present the backside of the purple name tag What? NO CHECK OUT SHEET – NO CHILD Seek me for assistance
SAFETY Family Issues Husband and Wife Uncles and Aunts Grandma and Grandpa Siblings should not pick up child
Boards (134, 135) Helps communication Naps, feedings, allergies, etc. Curriculum 2 & 3 year old Sunday School lesson during Sunday School Baby Church or Little Lambs curriculum, coloring page during services
* Staff should accompany children to restroom. * If no paid staff person is in the room during your hour, adult female should take. * Leave the bathroom door open. * Any questions, or if you need help, please call me using the intercom in each room.
Diaper Changes Diaper changes are to be done by workers in this order: Paid workers, female adults, youth, men Diaper tags Please make sure each child gets a diaper change or visits the restroom each hour
Schedules Notes to Parents Snacks – At the room tables Portion control please, ½ juice / ½ water, small cup of goldfish Food allergies are listed in the rooms, those affected may eat cheerios Clean up time Clorox, spray, diaper genies
* Wipe down toys with Clorox wipes and spray room with Lysol spray * Wipe table with Clorox wipes * Stack chairs (132, 133) * Pull window door closed * Turn off room and bathroom lights * Pull window shades down * Sweep floor * Wash any cups/dishes
First Aid/CPR Training Date to be determined Please sign up if you are interested Injury or concern Incident report Suspicious markings Confidentiality
* Tornado: * Infant rooms (134,135) stay put- they are interior rooms * Everyone else needs to head for the women’s restrooms * Parents may not take their children, but they may come along to take cover * Please grab the roster off of the front of the door before leaving
* Fire * Depending on where the fire is, we will exit out the opposite end. * If the fire is on the west side or by the sanctuary, we will all go out the back nursery door that leads to the playground. * If the fire is on the east side, we will exit out the double doors by the nursery desk. * Once again, parents may go along with us, but they may not take their child until we are all out and accounted for. * Grab the roster on the front or back of the door. * ***BEING CALM AND GETTING THE CHILDREN TO THE PROPER DESTINATION IS OUR MAIN CONCERN.
*Ideally, one person from each nursery family will be volunteering in the nursery * Recruit more youth, adults without young children
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO THIS MINISTRY! Because of you, parents are able to worship without worrying.
* Please feel free to contact me anytime. * firstname.lastname@example.org@rcctulsa.org * 299-1989x215 work * 493-3033 home