Presentation on theme: "Checklist and Example of Goals. 1. KIDS ID________________ Student Name______________________ 2. District Number____________ 3. IEP Date___________________."— Presentation transcript:
1. KIDS ID________________ Student Name______________________ 2. District Number____________ 3. IEP Date___________________ 4.. Is there an appropriate measurable postsecondary goal or goals for Education/ Training? Yes or No 5. Is there an appropriate measurable postsecondary goal or goals for Employment? Yes or No
6. Is there an appropriate measurable postsecondary goal or goals for Independent Living? Yes or No / NA 7. Is the postsecondary goal(s) updated annually? Yes or No 8. Is there evidence that the measurable postsecondary goals were based on age appropriate transition assessment? Yes or No 9. Are there transition services in the IEP that will reasonably enable the student to meet his or her postsecondary goal(s)? Yes or No / NA
10. Do the transition services include courses of study that will reasonably enable the student to meet his or her postsecondary goal(s)? Yes or No 11. Is (are) there annual IEP goal(s) that are related to the student’s transition services needs? Yes or No 12. Is there evidence that the student was invited to the IEP Team meeting where transition services were discussed? Yes or No
13. If appropriate, is there evidence that a representative of any participating agency was invited to the IEP Team meeting with the prior consent of the parent or student who has reached the age of majority? Yes or No / NA
EDUCATION EXAMPLE: After graduation from high school, Alex will enroll at Kings College (a technical school) and take a business math class to improve his work related math skills and to advance his career in business. EMPLOYMENT EXAMPLE: After finishing high school Alex will increase his work hours from 10 hours per week to 20 hours per week in the business department of a local office supply Store.
EDUCATION: Alex plans to apply to Kings College (a technical school). EMPLOYMENT: Alex wants to work after high school.
NSTTAC-National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center: http://www.nsttac.org/content/nsttac-indicator- 13-checklist-form-b-enhanced-professional- development%20 TASN-Kansas Technical Assistance Systems Network: www.ksde.tasn.org SEK INTERLOCAL-Resources: www.sekconnection.comwww.sekconnection.com Transition: High School
1. After graduation, Kevin will attend independent living classes at an adult day program and will participate in his daily care routines to the maximum extent possible at home with his parents.
12. After graduation Rolanda will live at home and participate, to the maximum extent possible, in her daily routines and environment through the use of assistive technology (e.g. feeding, dressing, bathing, activating small appliances / media devices, choice making, etc). MANY IEP HOLDERS WILL MARK NA FOR THIS GOAL
Transition Questions in IEP must be answered before age 14 IEP. Remember to send referrals to Interlocal regarding: Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Community Developmental Disability Organizations (CDDO) This has to be addressed in IEP at age 16 at the latest. It can be done at a much younger age if deemed necessary by the IEP team. This is in cases where services are very likely. Regarding graduating students, remember to do survey online through KSDE and SOP before student leaves school. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAIL or SEND SOP to the Interlocal.
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICES: Helps people with disabilities become gainfully employed and self-sufficient. Records for graduated students must be kept by IEP Holders for: Beth Stockard: 620-875-1159 firstname.lastname@example.org Have a great year!