Presentation on theme: "The Power of Water Baptism “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”"— Presentation transcript:
The Power of Water Baptism “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)
Water Baptism is a Burial WATER BAPTISM RRRRomans 6:4 “Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
Water Baptism is a Burial WATER BAPTISM RRRRomans 6:6-7 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.”
4 Things it is Not! Before we learn what Water Baptism is, let’s see …
1. NOT… 2. NOT… 3. NOT… merely a “Church Tradition” for “Church Membership” a “Public Testimony” of Salvation (some erroneously explain it as an “outward sign” of “inner change”) W ATER B APTISM IS FAR MORE POWERFUL THAN ANY OF THIS!
4. NOT… a “Baby Dedication” (“sprinkling” water on the baby’s head) T T T The word “Baptize” comes from the Greek word, “Bapto” which means: “to dip, to submerge or immerse, to dye, to wash” (Originally used in Greek to describe pickle making!) 4 Things it is Not!
Now, let’s what see why Water Baptism is so POWERFUL! Five Reasons You Should Experience it!
1. Commandment 5 P owerful R easons How do we evaluate the benefit of Water Baptism? By seeing how God evaluates it in His Word!
1. Commandment Matthew 28:19 – “The Great Commission” “Go therefore and make disciples... baptizing them in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” 5 P owerful R easons Acts 10:47-48 – “Cornelius’ Conversion” “Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the Name of the Lord.”
1. Commandment 5 P owerful R easons If Jesus did it... so should we! Jesus’ disciples always follow “in His steps”!
Matthew 3:15-16 – “Jesus’ Baptism” “And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him.”
“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons Salvation comes from Greek word, “Sozo” which means: “to save, so keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger, to preserve, to make whole, to heal” Salvation is FAR MORE than “forgiveness”. It involves a complete restoration, transformation, and recreation into all that God has designed for man to be! Water Baptism is just a part of God’s full plan of salvation for man.
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons A A A Acts 2:37-38 – “3-Fold Plan of Salvation” “Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, (1) Repent, (2) and be baptized every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, (3) and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons 1111 Corinthians 15:1-3 – “3 Experiences” “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel... which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand, by which also ye are saved, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that... (1) Christ died for our sins... (2) He was buried... (3) He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons M M M Mark 16:16 “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” C C C Colossians 2:12 “Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons JJJJohn 3:3,5 – “3 Birth Experiences” “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
2. Salvation 5 P owerful R easons 1 Peter 3:20-21 – “Noah & the Ark” “Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
3. Burial 5 P owerful R easons Romans 6 – Key Chapter for Water Baptism “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: That like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
3. Burial 5 P owerful R easons R R R Romans 1:1 through 5:11 The problem of sin, and how God deals with this problem by the Blood of Jesus. R R R Romans 5:12 through 8:39 The problem with the sinner himself – he inherited Adam’s “nature of sin”. “Nature of Sin” = “Sin Factory”! God deals with this problem through Water Baptism and the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
3. Burial 5 P owerful R easons Since the “nature of sin” cannot be reformed, God’s solution is very simple: Death & Burial!
3. Burial 5 P owerful R easons RRRRomans 6:4 “Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
3. Burial 5 P owerful R easons RRRRomans 6:6-7 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.”
4. Marriage 5 P owerful R easons T T T This “husband” – the Law – is righteous and holy. He has a right to expect specific performance from his wife. His demands are good and right, but he offers no assistance. J J J Jesus is even more “demanding”, (see Matthew chapters 5 and 6), but He offers to give us a “Servant” who will impart all the help we need to live up to these demands! R R R Romans 7 – A New Husband!
4. Marriage 5 P owerful R easons A A A Although Jesus longs to take us to be His wife, He honors and respects the law. “ “ “ “Till death do we part...” Since the Law will not die, we must die! “ “ “ “Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” (Romans 7:4)
4. Marriage 5 P owerful R easons 1. Born Again – Salvation * Jesus proposes to us! 2. Born of Water – Water Baptism * We tell Jesus, “I do!” 3. Born of the Spirit – Baptism in the Holy Spirit * The Wedding Ring! * “Love Language” !
5. Conquest 5 P owerful R easons 1 Cor.10:1-2 – “Crossing the Red Sea” “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea.”
5. Conquest 5 P owerful R easons Exodus 14:13 – “Crossing the Red Sea” “And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will shew to you to day: For the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.”
5. Conquest 5 P owerful R easons Exodus 15:2-3, 14-17– “Triumphant Faith” “The LORD is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation: He is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt Him. The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is His name... The people shall hear, and be afraid... trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away. Fear and dread shall fall upon them... till the people pass over, which Thou hast purchased. Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain...”
5. Conquest 5 P owerful R easons Romans 6:11 – “Weapons of Righteousness” “Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: But yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as *instruments* of righteousness unto God.” *“Instruments” is Greek “Hoplon” meaning: “arms or weapons used in warfare” (See 2 Corinthians 10:4; also John 18:3)
1. Commandment 5 P owerful R easons 2. Salvation 3. Burial 4. Marriage 5. Conquest
Animation Factory Animated Templates In order for our templates to run properly, please check the system requirements below. System Requirements: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Flash Player 8 (or better) installed in Internet Explorer. PowerPoint will use the IE Flash Player to display the animations. 3. Visual Basic For Applications This should have been installed automatically when you installed PowerPoint. If not, this is located in the MS Office settings.: A. In the computer control panel, choose “Add or Remove Programs”. B. Under Microsoft Office, choose “Change” C. Choose ‘Add or Remove” features. D. Under Office Shared Features, Select “Visual Basic for Applications” and choose “Run from My Computer” You may delete this page.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.