Presentation on theme: "A Departing Prayer “Praying for GUS” John 17. 1. G lorify (1, 5, 10, 22, 24)...Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You (1).....glorify Me."— Presentation transcript:
1. G lorify (1, 5, 10, 22, 24)...Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You (1).....glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was (5)....and I am glorified in them (10) And the glory which You gave Me I have given them... (22)....that they may behold My glory... (24)
All Aspects of Life Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31) Personal decisions (my body) Home life (my castle) Church (my gift) Business interactions (my stewardship)
See His Glory? Or do you look for a God that works for you? you can understand? understands you? does not punish sin? stops sin – at least the ones that hurt others?
2. U nify (11,21,22,23)...that they may be one as We are (11). that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me... that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me... (21-23).
Unity Requires Deference fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:2-4
Unity Recognizes Differences endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:2-6)
Unity Recognizes Differences from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:16) For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, Romans 12:4
3. S anctify (17-19) Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. Separate and Dedicate
3. S anctify (17-19) - By the Word... Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
3. S anctify (17-19) - For the World... As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. Given a Mission Apostles
G.U.S. Glorify God as a church - not your preference, but His glory Unify as a church - use different roles to meet common goals Sanctify for God - minister by the Word - continue to make disciples