Presentation on theme: "LET’S DO THE… TIME ARP M LET’S DO THE… Uncover mysterious curiosities! What do ancient symbols mean? How did ancient people construct their architecture?"— Presentation transcript:
Uncover mysterious curiosities! What do ancient symbols mean? How did ancient people construct their architecture? Angkor Wat, a temple complex built in the 12th century, Angkor, Cambodia.
Create an original artwork inspired by secrets and mysteries throughout history. Secret Symbols Healing PracticesChinese ArchitectureDivination Pre-Colombian Architecture Theology Mythic Animals Early Languages
1. Choose a time period, culture, or topic that interests you: TIME PERIOD ex: Prehistoric, Pre-Colombian, Classical, Medieval, Victorian CULTURE ex: Native American, Aztec, Greek, Egyptian, Chinese, Illuminati T O P I C ex: hieroglyphs, dragon bones, tarot cards, unfamiliar religion, astrology For example:
2. Choose the content: BEINGS gods, demons, traditional styles, sacred animals PLACES temples, famous architecture, gardens, nature THINGS languages, symbols, vessels, vehicles, objects BuddhaJapanese OniKaren TribeAztec PeopleEgyptian Cat Chinese Architecture Taj MahalSt. Basil’s Cathedral Ganesh Zen GardenBonsai Hindu Temple CarHieroglyphicsPolynesian RaftPentagramRitual VesselLatin
3. Research to collect visual inspiration for your design. * Allows the work to be historically and culturally accurate. * Provides visual reference to assure correct details. * Finds answers to questions about historical and cultural practices, symbols, and mysteries. Why research?...
4. Develop a visual plan: * Multiple views (front, side, back) * Focus on details * Consider the strength of your design! “Animal Vase”, A. White 2012 “Dragon Boat”, M. Ortiz 2012
5. Begin constructing your plan! Don’t give up! Stick to your plan! Things WILL go wrong... Ask for help! **Focus on QUALITY and DESIGN!**
Example 1: Make a vessel inspired by ritual forms from history. Jamon period, pre-Japan Shang Chinese Bronze Shang Chinese Bronze Pre-Colombian Peru Chinese Koi Teapot Southern United States Face Jugs
Example 2: Find inspiration from a favorite myth or story. Cretian Minotaur Greek Hydra Kraken Griffin Ouroboros Egyptian Mythology
Example 3: Use your cultural history to make a work that honors your ancestors. Hawaiian Gods Polynesian TatauChinese Dragons Celtic Knots Aztec Gods Pre-Colombian Carving
Example 4: What ancient practices have always interested you? Chakras / Meditation Ouija Boards Astrology Feng Shui Secret Societies Palm Reading Tarot Cards
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.